who will our first 2014 commit be??? | The Boneyard

who will our first 2014 commit be???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
will the staff reoffer any of the jucos and preps they should have already done by now? will it be a local? a fl kid? a surprise offer and verbal? who do u think will be name #1 for the 4sites to report???

pj

Reaction Score
Jalan Branford (cb)...

Wasn't he going to be a greyshirt who enrolls Jan 2014 and counts against the 2013 class? Can't recall the details of his case.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Wasn't he going to be a greyshirt who enrolls Jan 2014 and counts against the 2013 class? Can't recall the details of his case.

he gave us a verbal after being offered then the decision wa smade he would go to prep school next fall and enroll in janurary 2014. so he should be a verbal for 2014 class and then when he enrolls early next jan his ship year will get moved to 2013. for all purposes he should be 2014 verbal on the sites. but we do a beyond shi*y job of perception/media wise so wtf....

Reaction Score
he gave us a verbal after being offered then the decision wa smade he would go to prep school next fall and enroll in janurary 2014. so he should be a verbal for 2014 class and then when he enrolls early next jan his ship year will get moved to 2013. for all purposes he should be 2014 verbal on the sites. but we do a beyond shi*y job of perception/media wise so wtf....

Damn right. Because the school controls who Rivals and Scout post on our lists.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Damn right. Because the school controls who Rivals and Scout post on our lists.

when the school gets a commit. they kindly alert the press(certain ppl). how do u think beat writer get info so quickly??? none of the 4 sites have a writer thats 100% uconn focused so they dont pursue uconn for news to check in on. that snowballs down to uconn not alerting them like they do beat guys. the sites get info mostly from the kids as result vs beats who get the info from the school. thats why sometimes u see huge time gaps in info being reported. if u give the sites news, they will put it out. news is good for business.

Reaction Score
when the school gets a commit. they kindly alert the press(certain ppl). how do u think beat writer get info so quickly??? none of the 4 sites have a writer thats 100% uconn focused so they dont pursue uconn for news to check in on. that snowballs down to uconn not alerting them like they do beat guys. the sites get info mostly from the kids as result vs beats who get the info from the school. thats why sometimes u see huge time gaps in info being reported. if u give the sites news, they will put it out. news is good for business.

Or, the sites will start reporting more news in a more timely manner once UConn has a lot of fans signing up for subscriptions.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Or, the sites will start reporting more news in a more timely manner once UConn has a lot of fans signing up for subscriptions.

im not saying the sites should go get the news and ut it out if no one is paying for it. but on uconns end if they gave 2 ts they would force news a bit to helps itself out. theses are all small things that we dont do and as result we dont win any media or grow the fanbase. i'll stop becuase u all know where this is going but the crowd here that keeps putting all these things down is part of the problem. just a bunch of glorified bball fans from the 90s with $ now since your college days so u think u know asuqt over young football fans who give a crap about perception.

Reaction Score
Dan you have grown to be such a pompous a its unbelievable, just because we don't rant at every damn thing under the sun and profess to know everything there is to know about marketing a college football team doesn't make us any less of a fan than you. Many here have been a fan of UConn long before you, and going by your penchant to run when you don't get your way, we will be here when you're gone too. Get over yourself jacka$$!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan you have grown to be such a pompous a its unbelievable, just because we don't rant at every damn thing under the sun and profess to know everything there is to know about marketing a college football team doesn't make us any less of a fan than you. Many here have been a fan of UConn long before you, and going by your penchant to run when you don't get your way, we will be here when you're gone too. Get over yourself jacka$$!

im going to continue to harass a select few here. i was born to do it.

Reaction Score
to answer the first question - I would think it would be R. Bryan at Dean. He was here, going to play and assuming he hit the books, he'll be the first, IMO.

Dan, I honestly think you should be the UConn guy for 24/7. Solicit interest here and amongst your friends and family as to who would pay; contact 24/7, show them the list of ready subscribers and get a UConn page, and then pump us up. Don't whine about the problem; be the solution.

Reaction Score
im not saying the sites should go get the news and ut it out if no one is paying for it. but on uconns end if they gave 2 ts they would force news a bit to helps itself out. theses are all small things that we dont do and as result we dont win any media or grow the fanbase. i'll stop becuase u all know where this is going but the crowd here that keeps putting all these things down is part of the problem. just a bunch of glorified bball fans from the 90s with $ now since your college days so u think u know asuqt over young football fans who give a crap about perception.

Reality to HFD -- If you gave an iota of a crap about perception, you wouldn't be crapping all over the program you love day after day in a public forum. Period.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
to answer the first question - I would think it would be R. Bryan at Dean. He was here, going to play and assuming he hit the books, he'll be the first, IMO.

Dan, I honestly think you should be the UConn guy for 24/7. Solicit interest here and amongst your friends and family as to who would pay; contact 24/7, show them the list of ready subscribers and get a UConn page, and then pump us up. Don't whine about the problem; be the solution.

i dont dream to be a sports writer for a hs recruit site. not saying it a a bad job or anything, just not where i see myself. thats all...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Dan, my friend. I've always had your back and consider you one of my favorite Boneyarders.

That being said, you're starting to lose me a little. I love the passion and can actually see a little of myself in the method to your madness. However, I'm also in the camp that thinks your constant stream of negativity could very well be reaching the recruits you complain we're not landing. I'm not blaming your posts, but I guarantee you they aren't helping. In full disclosure, I agree that PP and staff are criminally negligible in their number of early offers (especially to in-state kids).

I'm assuming your younger than me so I'm going to pass on a bit of advice while trying to not sound preachy. You've got good ideas and more importantly you have passion. I've built a very successful business utilizing those two traits and a lifetime of hard work. My point is, if you truly have a passion for changing the direction of UConn Athletics, take every resource at your disposal and make it happen. Beg, borrow and beg some more. Do whatever it takes.

But, if the extent of your passion on the subject is to do a lot of research and simply throw ideas against the wall, then you've got to realize that you're not accomplishing anything. All you're doing is talking and that makes you exactly like everyone else here..........

A fanatical, jackass Husky fan with an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom