Who will be the first... | The Boneyard

Who will be the first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
after Randy rights the sinking ship, who's going to be the first to start complaining that he's an "ok coach", but won't get us to the next level?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Palatine and Nelson
And if comes over from the BB board - James - the all time negative everything poster
I'll admit I wasn't excited when it became reality but after thinking about it and hashing all the positives and negatives (the old Ben Franklin list) I am now confident that AD David Benedict made the right choice at the particular time
I wish his initials weren't DB because I save that for the real DBs

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Palatine and Nelson
And if comes over from the BB board - James - the all time negative everything poster
I'll admit I wasn't excited when it became reality but after thinking about it and hashing all the positives and negatives (the old Ben Franklin list) I am now confident that AD David Benedict made the right choice at the particular time
I wish his initials weren't DB because I save that for the real DBs

His name is athletic director dave.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
after Randy rights the sinking ship, who's going to be the first to start complaining that he's an "ok coach", but won't get us to the next level?

I am so sick and tired of hearing about self-imposed levels, ceilings and limitations. Since when have any of our major programs at UConn and many of our minor ones NOT exceeded expectations? Some have wildly exceeded expectations and continue to do so.

Are we going to win a NC in football any time soon? Of course not, but that never means you should just shrug your shoulders and accept that our fate is sealed as a perpetual mid major. Big dreams can result in big accomplishments. They always have at UConn and will continue to.

Reaction Score
For better or worse Edsall is the coach and he seems pretty genuine as far as his heart is going to bleed blue. All we can ask for now is that he put together a kick ass staff that can out recruit the rest of the AAC. If he can do that then the next level is attainable. Randy rose UConn out of the trailers. Lets see if he can rise them out of the G-5.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
For better or worse Edsall is the coach and he seems pretty genuine as far as his heart is going to bleed blue. All we can ask for now is that he put together a kick ass staff that can out recruit the rest of the AAC. If he can do that then the next level is attainable. Randy rose UConn out of the trailers. Lets see if he can rise them out of the G-5.

If he pulls that off, I submit that Rte. 195 from Tolland to Willimantic should be completely four-laned and renamed "Edsall Parkway". He should also be elected as Governor.

Reaction Score
I think pal did that BEFORE the announcement was made.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I am so sick and tired of hearing about self-imposed levels, ceilings and limitations. Since when have any of our major programs at UConn and many of our minor ones NOT exceeded expectations? Some have wildly exceeded expectations and continue to do so.

Are we going to win a NC in football any time soon? Of course not, but that never means you should just shrug your shoulders and accept that our fate is sealed as a perpetual mid major. Big dreams can result in big accomplishments. They always have at UConn and will continue to.

Uconn has, arguably, and easier path now to a BCS (Group of 6) bowl than they did when Edsall was here previously. There is a lot for UConn to play for in football.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Uconn has, arguably, and easier path now to a BCS (Group of 6) bowl than they did when Edsall was here previously. There is a lot for UConn to play for in football.
Please make the argument then. Because when HCRE here previously they played in a weaker conference with fewer teams that had an automatic invite. Now they not only have to win the conference playing an extra game, they then have to be judged better that the winner of several other conferences.

Reaction Score
I always wondered what might have took place if Randy had stayed and used the Fiesta Bowl as a recruiting tool. Did he leave right as we were about to take the next step?

Obviously we will never know.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Please make the argument then. Because when HCRE here previously they played in a weaker conference with fewer teams that had an automatic invite. Now they not only have to win the conference playing an extra game, they then have to be judged better that the winner of several other conferences.

The Big east was a better conference than the AAC man. West Virginia was a Top 10 team year in and year out. Louisville was regularly ranked, and even Rutgers had a 2-3 year run as a ranked program. The middle of the Big East was much better with Pitt, UConn, Syracuse.

The AAC champ really doesn't have to do that much to be ranked higher than the other conferences. Navy just had to beat Temple, and they would have been the 3rd straight AAC team to gain access.

Reaction Score
The Big east was a better conference than the AAC man. West Virginia was a Top 10 team year in and year out. Louisville was regularly ranked, and even Rutgers had a 2-3 year run as a ranked program. The middle of the Big East was much better with Pitt, UConn, Syracuse.
USF was very good back then too.

Reaction Score

The AAC champ really doesn't have to do that much to be ranked higher than the other conferences. Navy just had to beat Temple, and they would have been the 3rd straight AAC team to gain access.

USF was very good back then too.

All those things may have been true at individual times, not so much in one year, and certainly not year in and year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom