Who will be our Niels (Glue Guy) next season? | The Boneyard

Who will be our Niels (Glue Guy) next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Facey, I think he can be a high energy guy off the bench capable of guarding the 3 or 4 depending on match ups next year.

Reaction Score
Yeah i def can see facey being that guy with his motor...I would love to see what some of the players can do if they move to their primary positions. I know Nolan was hitting 3s in the pro am. Wonder if he can get a chance to play stretch 4 of brimah locks up the center position

Reaction Score
I see TSam or Facey in that role. In my head we have a lineup of Boat, Purvis, DHam, DD, and Amida. TSam and Cassell are your backup guards. Omar is your backup 2/3, Facey is the backup 4, and Nolan is your backup 5. That's going 10 deep and chances are one of those backup guards is not going to play much.

Reaction Score
Yeah i def can see facey being that guy with his motor...I would love to see what some of the players can do if they move to their primary positions. I know Nolan was hitting 3s in the pro am. Wonder if he can get a chance to play stretch 4 of brimah locks up the center position

Well hopefully DD is our stretch 4. Don't think anyone should be held to Giffs standard though, but I'm sure Ollie will find a role for everyone

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Probably worthy of its own thread, but Phil made a big contribution in the tournament. He was huge against MSU and really came to be able to compete and hold his own against much bigger players. I'm not sure that Amida will be the starter. He certainly could be, but Nolan was the more solid defender as opposed to shot blocker.

Reaction Score
Facey? He better go to a BIG BOY camp with AB this summer, or we're DOOMED.

Reaction Score
Facey or Calhoun. I actually think Calhoun can really step into Giffeys shoes well, hes a great shooter and capable defender/athlete. Facey is a serious wild card , he looks like an elite run and jump athlete who works his tail off. Would love boat back but comfortable with TSAM getting 25 minutes a night at the 1.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Niels was way more than just a glue guy, but I get your point.

I'll go with T-Sam because of his size and ability to defend.

Reaction Score
I can see Omar stepping up big time this summer and regaining his stroke, and putting in the work on D. We need people to hit the open kick out, and that can be his bread and butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom