Who looks better today- UCONN, Cinnci or Houston? | The Boneyard

Who looks better today- UCONN, Cinnci or Houston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
We clearly did the best we could do quietly.
Rena Khator did all she could do publicly backed by Tillman Fertitia and anyone else publicly.
Cinnci publicly whored itself to the Big 12.

We thank the AAC publicly for allowing us to go for it.
Houston blasts everyone in the Big 12 and doesn't mention the AAC
Cinnci goes back in their corner and eats crow.

UCONN releases its presentation and looks great in doing it.
Houston still scorches the earth while quietly realizing Herman is out of there
Cinnci has nothing again.

UCF, USF and others release statements. Memphis learns how to spell statement.

Reaction Score
We clearly did the best we could do quietly.
Rena Khator did all she could do publicly backed by Tillman Fertitia and anyone else publicly.
Cinnci publicly whored itself to the Big 12.

We thank the AAC publicly for allowing us to go for it.
Houston blasts everyone in the Big 12 and doesn't mention the AAC
Cinnci goes back in their corner and eats crow.

UCONN releases its presentation and looks great in doing it.
Houston still scorches the earth while quietly realizing Herman is out of there
Cinnci has nothing again.

UCF, USF and others release statements. Memphis learns how to spell statement.
Memphis wrote its statement in crayon. At least it was on FedEx letterhead.

Reaction Score
It's a sh!++y consolation prize that they look worse than we do coming out of this, but they do look worse . . .

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I didn't see an official statement from UConn.

Reaction Score
I didn't see an official statement from UConn.

I didn't see a stand alone release - just direct comments/statement here Big 12 Records | University of Connecticut and here UConn Athletics Moving Forward Without Big 12 - UConn Today

“The announcement by the Big 12 Conference against expansion is not unexpected, and is indicative of the volatile world of college athletics administration,” said Herbst. “While I am sure many in our community are nervous about what this means for our future, I am confident that we have put our best foot forward with considerable effort to demonstrate how we currently operate our university and athletics programs at a ‘Power 5’ level and will continue to do so.

“We continue to support the American Athletic Conference and thank the league for its understanding during this process,” she continued. “We will remain a part of the conference realignment dialogue and other conversations on the state of collegiate athletics to be sure UConn’s interests are well represented. We also will continue our winning tradition with honor, integrity, and a commitment to the student-athlete first – a future we very much control.”

“UConn has a strong, national identity that reflects the academic quality of the institution and the high level of athletic achievement that has been built in all sports over the decades,” he said. “Regardless of conference affiliation, UConn has a record of national athletic success that has been the envy of many other institutions. We are proud of what we have accomplished and achieved, and we are committed to making sure all of our athletic programs continue to be positioned to win conference championships and be nationally competitive in the future.”

“Throughout this process, our core academic values and research breadth have been an unquestioned strength,” said Herbst. “We have likewise enjoyed unparalleled success athletically through our outstanding record of NCAA competition and championships, and we are incredibly proud of our coaches and student-athletes. We have the same ability today to continue that pursuit of excellence as we did yesterday.”

Reaction Score
The release of all of our documents was brilliant. They're strong, mature, and shine more light on our positives. It's a defacto application to other P5 leagues. It also highlights that our candidacy isn't tied to potential and the "give us a chance and we think we'll do great!!!!!!!" basis that others have used.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN came out looking the best of the three institutions.
The school was mature, and discrete, played by the rules and were not desparate like Cinci.
UCONN had the most disadvantages due to geography and logistics and were strongly considered based on the reputation and body of work alone.

I think the AAC came out of this the best. It is now in a far stronger bargaining position. And when the Big 12 collapses, the other schools not UT or OU will look to the AAC. (Remember in 2010 when the PAC 16 was floated, and Kansas was a potential add-on to the Big East?)

Reaction Score
UConn ends up looking the best, I guess, because there wasn't any public groveling.

But that's like being the tallest midget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA