Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Each of them are excellent coaches. I would retain both. Dex can coach DB's. Hergy is entering a huge year. Big emphasis on coaching up Skales, Beals and Garland along with Hergy and Tyler
I think those two are the only coaches worthy of consideration....and Wolthhausen (spelling) too?? seemed active in recruiting.

Diaco is a weird dude though, I bet he will frown on anyone on his staff who joins with Edsall...ah just another thing to make me smile.

Reaction Score
Will R.Edsall bring in Paul Pasqualoni as DC ? Mack Brown on a ESPN telecast called him one great coach. Why stop there and just replace K.Ollie with Jim Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Will he retain anybody like Poindexter or Erik Campbell?
Absolutely love Erik Campbell... nice track record developing WRs... Jury's still out on him.. Gotta keep him...
Can Poindexter adjust his defensive philosophy to NOT be as passive as it has been? Then yes. If not, Buh-bye

Reaction Score
Who wants to bet we pick up a couple of track stars who have FCS scholarships right now?

LOL. A shot putter or two. Maybe go the Darius route and find some undersized small high school QBs who can't throw the ball.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
LOL. A shot putter or two. Maybe go the Darius route and find some undersized small high school QBs who can't throw the ball.

An all state wrestler who played two years on the oline.

Reaction Score
Make Locksley to OC happen... would definitely be a huge upgrade from any OC we've had since the Skip Holtz era...

However, one issue. Did Edsall actually work well with Locksley? IIRC Locksley was forced on him by the Maryland AD... If that's the case then there may not be a fit here.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."-Harry S. Truman
4:14 AM - 28 Dec 2016

Reaction Score
You do realize that both Ambrose and Moorehead couldn't run their offenses when they were OC under Edsall right? What Ambrose has run at Towson and what Moorehead ran at Akron, Fordham, and now PSU is NOT what they ran at UConn! Never mind the fact he man still doesn't know how to come up with a scheme to defend the spread!
Let's hope Edsall learned a trick or two on his 6 yr hiatus... Get an OC in here that he can give the keys to...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Absolutely love Erik Campbell... nice track record developing WRs... Jury's still out on him.. Gotta keep him...
Can Poindexter adjust his defensive philosophy to NOT be as passive as it has been? Then yes. If not, Buh-bye

I could see maybe Campbell being retained....Poindexter too, after that I think its 100% bye-bye. Especially for the DB coach and anyone on offense not named Campbell.

UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site :: Football

Reaction Score
Make Locksley to OC happen... would definitely be a huge upgrade from any OC we've had since the Skip Holtz era...

However, one issue. Did Edsall actually work well with Locksley? IIRC Locksley was forced on him by the Maryland AD... If that's the case then there may not be a fit here.
Locksley's strength was in recruiting from Maryland/DC/Virginia region. Not sure about his on-field skills. But his ability to get kids to come to program was supposed to be extraordinary.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
WTF...Campbell did a great job with Noel and is most definitely responsible for Hergy's improvement.
yeah what happened to the others, no thanks, new staff, clean everyone out the Diablo tree...

Reaction Score
Let's hope Edsall learned a trick or two on his 6 yr hiatus... Get an OC in here that he can give the keys to...
I also hope he's learned about hiring a DC who can defend the spread and let's him do his thing. My memories are very vivid of Rich Rod making him his b**ch game after game. And with 90% of the teams in this league running the spread hang on if he is the same old Randy.

Reaction Score
I hope RE doesn't just rehire as much of his old staff as possible. I think it's time to start fresh both in faces and coaching philosophies. Get some new energy in here. I'd be good with bringing back Whooley in some capacity as a position coach. He's young and been around Moorhead and his system for the past 5-6 years now. Another guy I'd like to see brought in would be the DL coach at Columbia, Darin Edwards. He's a CT guy, played his HS ball in state, coached both HS and college in state, played college ball down south in Alabama at Miles College (while it's not Florida it's still a FB hotbed). Also, played in Arena League. He was also on Moorhead's staff at Fordham and from his resume' every stop he's been his guys have been highly successful and seem to set some sort of school records or rank in top 25 nationally in team O/D. Also, I've had the opportunity to hear him speak at a few clinics and he was very knowledgeable and passionate about the game.

Reaction Score
I hope RE doesn't just rehire as much of his old staff as possible. I think it's time to start fresh both in faces and coaching philosophies. Get some new energy in here. I'd be good with bringing back Whooley in some capacity as a position coach. He's young and been around Moorhead and his system for the past 5-6 years now. Another guy I'd like to see brought in would be the DL coach at Columbia, Darin Edwards. He's a CT guy, played his HS ball in state, coached both HS and college in state, played college ball down south in Alabama at Miles College (while it's not Florida it's still a FB hotbed). Also, played in Arena League. He was also on Moorhead's staff at Fordham and from his resume' every stop he's been his guys have been highly successful and seem to set some sort of school records or rank in top 25 nationally in team O/D. Also, I've had the opportunity to hear him speak at a few clinics and he was very knowledgeable and passionate about the game.

At least you are consistent over time:;)
I wouldn't mind us hiring the DL, OLB coach from Sacred Heart, Darin Edwards. He's a local guy, played his HS ball in state, coached both HS and college in state, played college ball down south in Alabama (while it's not Florida it's still a FB hotbed). Also, I've had the opportunity to hear him speak at a few clinics and he seemed knowledgeable and passionate about the game.

Sacred Heart

Reaction Score
At least you are consistent over time:;)

Medic-
You're correct. I thought we should've hired him back then and didn't. So why not now? Like most everyone else, I'm tired of a stale on field product, and looking to infuse some energy into the program with good young coaches with strong local ties to the state. And besides Whooley, who everyone has already made their case for, I'm throwing Edwards name into the fold as someone I feel would do a lot in righting this ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom