Who is most likely to get to the NC game next year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who is most likely to get to the NC game next year?

Assuming UCONN is one half of the NC game, who do you think is most likely the 2nd team in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If in the end it comes down to coaching, then I think ND gets there over SC. Baylor and UT are close but still have too many loose parts.

Just out of curiosity, and not a challenge to your opinion, what do you consider Baylor's loose parts? I am always interested in the details when I read a comment such as that.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't know what to think about Allen. She had star written all over her after the regional games against Stanford and Baylor and then played poorly in the FF games. It will be interesting to see how the absence of Loyd's talent, scoring and athleticism impact Allen.
Well, Cat, obviously I'm just offering an opinion and don't really know what to think about her either. But, historically, every time a key player for ND departs, our Board is rife with opinions about how badly their program will be affected, and that view never quite pans out. I suspect that with the new reality of not having to play in Jewell's shadow, Lindsey will emerge as a consistent star. I don't love ND, nor do I love Muffett, but she seems to have the ongoing ability and talent to get 'em going....I suspect, and, of course, I'm only speculating, that this will be another instance of that hard-to-deny ability.

Reaction Score
Everybody is understandably excited about their team's chances this coming year..... Returning scorers..... the new wave of freshmen coming in.... in some cases ...transfers will make a difference..... Diamond and Natalie for instance......

I do not know if I have a lot who agree with me, but I have long felt the most important position in WCBB is Head Coach..... in many cases the women do not have the coaching background of their young male counterparts..... and for other reasons as well, players at the time they reach college do not have the intricacies of offense and defense and overall skill set down as solidly as they might..... It is up to the coaching staff to mold the players into a cohesive team which is skilled in the fundamentals, can be versatile in playing all aspects of the game well, can play under pressure, etc.....

Having said that, there are far too few quality coaches in WCBB IMHO, compared to the guys..... For whatever reason, athletic departments put up with mediocrity and lukewarm success all too frequently..... schools do not broom their women's coaches, and say "we need a real winner in here"..... Kansas did it I think this year.... and a couple of other notable schools.... but not many

Pat S brought WCBB to a level, and Geno and his coaching team has brought it to the next level..... there is such a gap between UC and the rest of the field now, and I believe it is largely due to the coaching staff at Uconn, not because we get the best players as rival schools and their fan bases say. Don't misunderstand, we have a wonderful roster, but it takes a solid coaching effort to make things happen and bring championship teams to fruition.

Many people ask "is UConn too good?" "is UConn's success too good for WCBB".... I am here to state the opinion that, yes there is a "next tier" ..... Contrary to popular belief that UConn has set the bar too high, I think WCBB can actually be played at a level above what UConn is playing at now. And it is largely dependent not on the great players, but the coaches who assemble, nurture, guide, and - yes - coach these great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom