Who is in the NBE? | The Boneyard

Who is in the NBE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did we really invite Memphis and Temple???

UCONN, RU, Ville, Cinci, USF, UCF, Houston, SMU, Boise, SDSU, Memphis, Temple.

Is that correct? We really didn't hold out for BYU, Air Force, Navy, etc.? If so, its just another example of idiots at the top of this thing.

Reaction Score
1 State
Lots of cities
2 directional Floridas
1 directional Religion
2 Whatsa's (What's a Rutgers? What's a Temple?)

Put 'em all together and it's 1 giant mess.

Reaction Score
Did we really invite Memphis and Temple???

UCONN, RU, Ville, Cinci, USF, UCF, Houston, SMU, Boise, SDSU, Memphis, Temple.

Is that correct? We really didn't hold out for BYU, Air Force, Navy, etc.? If so, its just another example of idiots at the top of this thing.

If you're coming out of a long coma, I apologize for not sending you a card. Otherwise -- seriously -- why?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Navy needs a few years before they move in (2015). By that time hopefully BYU or Air Force would be signed up as well. Or both if one or more of UConn / Louisville / Rutgers get a "power 5" invite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Um Navy is in the league and Air Force wasn't interested. I despise the Temple and Memphis moves, but not sure your point - the others make sense except for maybe UCF.

Reaction Score
If you're coming out of a long coma, I apologize for not sending you a card. Otherwise -- seriously -- why?

I seriously stopped paying attention after Pitt and Cuse left and BCU effectively stopped UCONN from going to the ACC. Why follow this clusterF after all of that. I'm paying attention now because football season is around the corner but looking at that lineup makes my brain hurt.

Reaction Score
Um Navy is in the league and Air Force wasn't interested. I despise the Temple and Memphis moves, but not sure your point - the others make sense except for maybe UCF.

So we have 13 football members? Ummm

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
, byu and 1 other will come soon enough.

Reaction Score
Yeah, you are just hearing this?

I seriously got so frustrated with the realignment thing a few months ago that I stopped paying attention. I can't get excited about a sport where schools, conferences and global TV networks try to make the playing field as uneven as possible. That isn't sports, it's Corporate America.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I seriously got so frustrated with the realignment thing a few months ago that I stopped paying attention. I can't get excited about a sport where schools, conferences and global TV networks try to make the playing field as uneven as possible. That isn't sports, it's Corporate America.

My memory my fail me but I'm pretty sure Navy was in the league before Memphis was invited.

pj

Reaction Score
, byu and 1 other will come soon enough.

If and BYU join we should put a full court press on Army. Having all three service academies plus the Mormons would be great for national TV ratings.

UConn-Rutgers-Army-Navy-Temple-USF-UCF-Cincy
Louisville-Houston-SMU-Memphis--BYU-SDSU-Boise

If the West is too strong swap Louisville into the East.

Reaction Score
This type of thread is precisely why I post far less. Many feel the NEED to simply self-punish on the ever evolving state of Realignment & UConn football.

Two things are absolutely true:

1. If NBC's money is anywhere near what we were offered by ESPN last summer, then we are far better off. That's a solid TV network with all the bells & whistles. Apparently, they want & need us. We can grow from there.
2. Since BC left in 2004, the UP arrow is UP bigtime for Cincy, Louisville, Rutgers, UConn, USF ... and the BC, Pitt, SU franchise is flat. Proving something, before y'all start denigrating our NOW conference partners ... eager Programs can improve. The others are Fat & can't find their way.

UConn has been at this level less than 10 years.

Reaction Score
I think this thread is great. It just illustrates the ridiculosity of the conference leadership and the messed up state of affairs that we have presently. The beauty of it is that it achieves the desired effect with our without the satire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom