Who is gonna be Diaco's first big Recruit? | The Boneyard

Who is gonna be Diaco's first big Recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure what surprise we may get this year.

Looking ahead - I know they are in-state kids, but they are BIG in-state kids for 2015. Fairfield Prep's Anthony Palazzolo (6-6 302 OT) and Suffield Academy's Christian Wilkins (6-4 290 DT).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My best guess is it will be somebody who UConn hasn't previously been involved with.

Reaction Score
Not sure what surprise we may get this year.

Looking ahead - I know they are in-state kids, but they are BIG in-state kids for 2015. Fairfield Prep's Anthony Palazzolo (6-6 302 OT) and Suffield Academy's Christian Wilkins (6-4 290 DT).

I agree that it's going to be an in-state kid. I think it's going to be Wilkins who goes to the same school as McAlister, and as of right now Palazzolo is high on BC. Let's see what Diaco can do to get Uconn high on his list.

Reaction Score
I will take Diaco over Addazio as a closer any day of the week!

Reaction Score
I will take Diaco over Addazio as a closer any day of the week!
Both are high energy coaches. We will find out over the next 3-4 years who closes better.

Reaction Score
I agree that it's going to be an in-state kid. I think it's going to be Wilkins who goes to the same school as McAlister, and as of right now Palazzolo is high on BC. Let's see what Diaco can do to get Uconn high on his list.
Palazzolo is deciding by mid February at the latest. Would be a big surprise if he's not an Eagle. Wilkins is wide open right now could see him at a ton of different schools.

Reaction Score
I have no idea, but I can't wait to see
I hope he continues to work on Mark Evanchick from Darien. I had heard that ND was interested before Diaco was hired. The kid is only a sophomore but big time D1 coaches are already taking notice. I saw him play in several games this year and in many of them he was unstoppable. He's 6ft 228 and still growing and very quick off the ball. I have not seen anyone as dominating a DE in quite a few years. Had 18 sacks this season, which will put him in the record books, in the best league in the state this year, and he's only a sophomore. He does play Lacrosse though. He was a major reason that Darien beat Hand in that close playoff game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll take a stab in the dark at this.... Vincent Jackson, OLB from Tampa. Offers from UConn and ND, undecided still. 4*, and would fit in a 3-4 or 4-3.

someone did their research. Gold Star.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'll take a stab in the dark at this.... Vincent Jackson, OLB from Tampa. Offers from UConn and ND, undecided still. 4*, and would fit in a 3-4 or 4-3.

someone did their research. Gold Star.

Agreed. Lets hope you're right, DCU! Young man has a laundry list of impressive offers. Does anyone know if his UCONN offer came from the old regime or new?

gold-star-150x150.jpg

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/164028/vincent-jackson

Reaction Score
Agreed. Lets hope you're right, DCU! Young man has a laundry list of impressive offers. Does anyone know if his UCONN offer came from the old regime or new?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/164028/vincent-jackson

Old crew and neither UConn or ND made his final cut for official visits or even top 12. (Texas Tech. Mizzou, Bama, Oregon and one of either Wisconsin, Ole Miss or USF - but he has been to USF on unofficials).

Diaco pulls him in and he immediately gets cult status!!!

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Old crew and neither UConn or ND made his final cut for official visits or even top 12. (Texas Tech. Mizzou, Bama, Oregon and one of either Wisconsin, Ole Miss or USF - but he has been to USF on unofficials).

Diaco pulls him in and he immediately gets cult status!!!

You edited your post to add this, didn't you? I was typing something similar and then your OP updated! I agree 100%!

He'd be a much bigger 4* signing than Dwayne Difton ever was. It would be, by far, the most impressive offer list any signee ever had.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It would be magical if he could flip Quenton Nelson, a 5-star commit to Notre Dame that he recruited at OL:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Quenton-Nelson-135224

He's the number 3 Offensive Tackle in the nation by their rating service. Hey....I can dream, can't I?!?

Also looking at the linebacker flavor, Kris Harris is a 3 star ILB, rated the number 26 in the nation at that position:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Kris-Harris-131700

Another magical flip would be Jay Hayes, a 4-star DL that Diaco recruited over to Notre Dame. He's the number 15 Defensive Tackle in the nation:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Jay-Hayes-129161

Another magical flip? (Jesus!...Diaco really recruited the hell out of the tri-state area for ND!). Andrew Trumbetti, the number 19 weakside defensive end in the nation:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Andrew-Trumbetti-140757

I'm HAMMERED right now and all I can think to say is, go the to sleep, UCD!

Trust me, I've been there. It takes a special breed to be able to get so drunk that you give up on trying to jrk off and talk to yourself on a message board instead.

Welcome to the club my friend!

Reaction Score
Hey how about 3+ star WR David Njoku from Cedar Grove Hs in NJ (yes Diaco’s alma mater, where he still has strong ties). Njoku does not have us in his final list of schools, but allot can happen in 1 month….

And then there is Tyrone Washington a 2/3 star WR/S from Paramus Catholic Hs in New Jersey. I believe that he did visit or camp at UConn very early on last summer.

Reaction Score
I read on the Notre Dame board that they have a few graduating RS Juniors who they are speculating may transfer for playing time elsewhere. The posters there were speculating that Diaco could possibly bring a few here.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm HAMMERED right now and all I can think to say is, go the to sleep, UCD!

Trust me, I've been there. It takes a special breed to be able to get so drunk that you give up on trying to jrk off and talk to yourself on a message board instead.

Welcome to the club my friend!

In the immortal words of Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day): "When masturbation's lost it's fun, you're f#$king lonely..." :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom