Who has their ski coat in hell? | The Boneyard

Who has their ski coat in hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BC is hosting UConn in baseball today. I assume they are playing because of a court order, since the BC fanbase is of the belief that they will never play UConn in anything due to their moral outrage about the almost decade old lawsuit.

Obviously, I am being facetious. BC will schedule UConn in any sport other than football, because it is in their interest to do so. They will not schedule us in football because, correctly or incorrectly, they do not view it as in their best interest to do so. Morality and hurt feelings have nothing to do with it. It's purely about perceived self-interest. And don't let internet posters tell you otherwise.

Reaction Score
In fairness, I have seen more than a couple BC fans state the real reasons they will not play us in football.

I used to be of the belief that we needed to play and beat them in order to get to their level and beyond. Then God gave us Flipper and Spanzani. Now, I would argue we would have more to lose then they do.

Reaction Score
Listening to GDF spew about protecting turf when UCONN did not get into the ACC in this last round of realignment was priceless. The guy must have had an accident he was so euphoric. Meanwhile, his department is burning down around him and to say the future looks bleak there is being optimistic. I cannot imagine why an institution keeps that type of leadership around for a nano-second, but appearantly at BC that skill set is valued.

Reaction Score
Went to the ACC website, they are in the bottom 3rd in just about everything.

Reaction Score
BC is hosting UConn in baseball today. I assume they are playing because of a court order, since the BC fanbase is of the belief that they will never play UConn in anything due to their moral outrage about the almost decade old lawsuit.

Obviously, I am being facetious. BC will schedule UConn in any sport other than football, because it is in their interest to do so. They will not schedule us in football because, correctly or incorrectly, they do not view it as in their best interest to do so. Morality and hurt feelings have nothing to do with it. It's purely about perceived self-interest. And don't let internet posters tell you otherwise.
exactly right. And rumor is that BC is among those who proposed adding UCONN as the 12th member of Hockey East as well...again despite what some of their internet posters would have you believe.

Reaction Score
BC has upgraded their golf and baseball teams, probably to prove that they could be at least competitive in non-revenue "warm weather sports" in the ACC. Except for cashing a check, the move has not turned out they way they hoped.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
So, did we beat 'em?...

Reaction Score
So, did we beat 'em?...

Nope!

Chestnut Hill, Mass. - The Boston College baseball team earned a 8-5 victory over Connecticut on Tuesday afternoon at Eddie Pellagrini Diamond at Commander Shea Field, breaking a 5-5 tie in the eighth inning to earn the win.
The Eagles (13-15) held an early 5-0 advantage, scoring all five in the second, but the Huskies (15-13) chipped away at the lead with runs in the fourth, fifth and sixth innings, eventually tying the game. BC regained the edge with three runs in the eighth after a five-inning scoring draught.

Reaction Score
BC's baseball team currently has the same amount of wins (13) as the football and men's basketball teams combined for last year.

Who said things weren't on the uptick in Chesnut Hill?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So, did we beat 'em?...

check out the baseball board and join the chat epark. there a good group of us that chat about the team in season. its nice and a good way to spend the spring when bball is done. btw nice sig pick lol.

uconn started our ace(atleast was early in the year) who has been hurt/struggling of late. he got knocked around early for 5 after some wild pitches and a couple meatballs down the pipe. we fought our way back to a 5-5 tie and then in the 8th penders made a questionable move to the bp for a pitcher(feehan instead of oberg) and bc got a couple runs and that was it. we really need this game for rpi/resume strenght but its not the end for us. we have a schedule the rest of the way that we can do pretty well with and if we make a run the next couple weeks we will be a bubble ncaa team. the BE is wide open becuase there are 4 good top teams but none of the 4 are elite this year. the past couple years teams like lville and uconn have been really good but neither is great this year so we have a shot at winning the BET also for a autobid.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
That was BC's first win over us in four tries. We have owned them the previous few years and they didn't even want to play us last year, but this year they found an opening.

Midweek games are meaningless. Sam Houston State beat traditional power Rice yesterday as well. If UConn wants a tourney bid, we need to win the Big East.

Reaction Score
Listening to GDF spew about protecting turf when UCONN did not get into the ACC in this last round of realignment was priceless. The guy must have had an accident he was so euphoric. Meanwhile, his department is burning down around him and to say the future looks bleak there is being optimistic. I cannot imagine why an institution keeps that type of leadership around for a nano-second, but appearantly at BC that skill set is valued.

I've always wondered how he kept his job. The only thing I can think of is that somewhere in his "Job Description," above academic requirements and experience, is an overriding requirement that calls for:

"a deep, irrational, zealot-like hate for UCONN and a willingness to go to any length to snuff out any UCONN attempt to improve it's football standing."

Sometimes he sounds lie he's one-step from strapping himself to explosives and driving to Storrs.

Reaction Score
I've always wondered how he kept his job. The only thing I can think of is that somewhere in his "Job Description," above academic requirements and experience, is an overriding requirement that calls for:

"a deep, irrational, zealot-like hate for UCONN and a willingness to go to any length to snuff out any UCONN attempt to improve it's football standing."

Sometimes he sounds lie he's one-step from strapping himself to explosives and driving to Storrs.

Bite your tongue. He is doing a fantastic job at BC. Other AD's should aspire to his greatness.

If I were Father Leahy I would give him a lifetime contract that would cripple the university financially if they ever decided to buy him out. He must remain there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom