Who Averages more pts per Game? | The Boneyard

Who Averages more pts per Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
by the end of this year- Omar Calhoun vs DeAndre Daniels? Boatright vs Shabazz? Explain your hunch-

Reaction Score
Both are pretty close, I think.

I think Boat and Napier both average at least 15. I'm hoping that Daniels and Calhoun both get around 8+.

If I have to guess, I'll go with Boat and Omar.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If I have to guess, I'll go with Boat and Omar.
Same here. Between his foot injury, his obvious attachment to JC and the dynamic between him and Ryan re who is the "leader" of this team, I don't have a great feeling about Bazz this season. Just my hunch.

Going with Omar as the unknown to me, vs. DD who didn't show a lot last year imo (albeit in pretty limited sampling).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wasn't the OP saying Boat OR Bazz and Calhoun OR Daniels and not creating two tag teams?

If so I'll go with Bazz over Boatright with getting plenty of assists in addition to his point. I think Napier's role this season is going to be to score and I think Boatright will be getting him the ball in a position to do just that. I expect both of them to have very good years, even if the team does not.

Daniels vs. Calhoun is harder as I always have to fight off the tendency to believe incoming players will play like the their (edited) highlight reels and score every 10 seconds or so. I'm going to say Daniels. The talent was there last year and this year he'll be much more comfortable and have the minutes to produce.

Have to like that we've got 4 guys who can potentially light it up.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
With Shabazz playing off-ball this year, definitely Shabazz. He'll put up close to 15-16ppg. Daniels will score more than Calhoun, just because when Shabazz is off the court, Boat is probably going to be scoring more. Calhoun won't score 10-12ppg unless he knocks down 2-3 threes a game.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
My guess is that Shabazz will be doing a lot of spotting up this season in an attempt to take advantage of his shooting. I keep thinking back to Calhoun saying Napier will be "off the ball" this season. With this mix of players, it makes the most sense.

Both Ryan Boatright and Omar Calhoun are better creating shots for themselves and others than Napier. Napier has shown he can penetrate, but his limited athleticism doesn't make him a threat to consistently score in the lane. Ryan Boatright can be that threat, as can Calhoun.

This is also the subtext beneath the "Boatright as leader" theme we've been reading about all summer.

Reaction Score
Boat and Bazz will both average 13-14 a game, they'll both get their shots.

OC vs. DD depends entirely on whether Daniels shows he's a legit D1 player. He looked completely out of sorts both physically and mentally last year.

I expect OC to give us production similar to a freshman year Tony Robertson or Denham Brown, something like 7-9 ppg in 20-25 mpg as the 6th man. I don't think there'll be much variation beyond that.

Daniels could either be more like the stud recruit we thought we were getting and average 12-15 ppg playing starter's minutes (30+ mpg), or he could continue to be clunky, tentative, and lost, and struggle to scrape together 5 ppg while relegated to the bench for entire halves at a time.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Boatright and Calhoun. Don't see DD scoring a ton. I think Boatright gets buckets of points on just making something happen with under 10 seconds left on the shot clock.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Boat and Daniels. Daniels mainly cuz i think he learned a lot from last year and Omar is a freshman so i think he'll be more inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom