White-out Possible For ND Game At Storrs On Saturday! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

White-out Possible For ND Game At Storrs On Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's a way to cheer on the team. Most games, UConn fans show up wearing whatever when most fans support their teams by wearing the school colors. UConn is trying to show that we - the team and the crowd - are a united front against a rival. I really don't understand the resistance here.

uspw_5941208-560x372.jpg

Reaction Score
I love the way it looks when fans do this sort of thing for their team. I'm planning to wear white.
By the way, it's also toy drive day, so bring an unwrapped toy to donate if you can.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's a way to cheer on the team. UConn fans show up wearing whatever when in most of the sporting world the fans support the team by wearing the school colors. UConn is trying to show us - the team and the crowd - as a united front againt a rival. I really don't understand the resistance here.
This, this is why the resistance.

img_0928-0.jpg

This is gonna intimidate Notre Dame???

Reaction Score
Just win the game Huskies! Hell y'all can wear the ugliest colors in the world...all that matters is the WIN!!

mr006

Reaction Score
team is undefeated, blowing teams out... clicking on all cylinders, going for a 4-peat and some are bit**ing about the color of the uniforms, simply amazing!

There's been bit**ing about the gray uniforms since the Duke disaster 10 years ago, apparently Nike and / or UConn doesn't care... they are still ugly, 10 years later...
Is complaining about uniform colors against board rules?

Reaction Score
Someone has to say it...MOST schools who want to do a <insert your school color here>-out GIVE the shirts to the fans. UConn can't come up with a sponsor for this? 10k white t-shirts with "UConn" and your company on the front should cost about $3 and change each (delivered to the arena) and the cheerleaders can give them out at the doors. What's $40k for a National TV spot?
In case anyone missed it, the Mocs had yellow shirts for every chair in the arena.

Step up, UConn.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
team is undefeated, blowing teams out... clicking on all cylinders, going for a 4-peat and some are bit**ing about the color of the uniforms, simply amazing!

????

I remember a few years back when they tried those slate grey unis with the orangey-red trim..... they were horrible :eek: and I said so loudly (as did many others) at the time!! Didn't stop me from cheering for the team that night...If they tried those unis again I would probably complain twice as loudly and then sit back and enjoy the game! I think as fans we can walk and chew gum at the same time. YMMV

Reaction Score
I think everyone every uconn fan has a white shirt in their drawer but it would of been cool if once a year a big game at home they would hand out White Blue Grey shirts with Huskie Jon in the front. Heck I'm waiting on the "red"jersey though

Reaction Score
Well, if everybody shows up in their tightie-whities on Saturday it will be quite a sight. Because... not only will Gampel be a white-out, it will also be sold-out!

ESPN_Womens_Bball_Twitter_logo_5_1_12_bigger.jpg
ESPN Women's Hoops ‏@ESPN_WomenHoop
@UconnWBB just announced: Saturday game on ESPN (5:15 p.m. ET) vs. @ndwbb is sold out.

The hot ticket just got hotter!

[LINK]

Reaction Score
It's a way to cheer on the team. UConn fans show up wearing whatever when in most of the sporting world the fans support the team by wearing the school colors. UConn is trying to show us - the team and the crowd - as a united front againt a rival. I really don't understand the resistance here.

uspw_5941208-560x372.jpg

You are 1000% Correct on this point.

I don't the resistance and why people can't just get right on board with this.
Seems so obvious and easy to do, yet looks great on TV and shows a united front against the opponent (hated rival).

"Let's Get'r Done"

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
According to Dave from Dishin/Swishing Saturday's Notre Dame game is sold out. Should be great atmosphere.

Notre Dame is supposed to make an announcement about Turner later this afternoon.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
According to Dave from Dishin/Swishing Saturday's Notre Dame game is sold out. Should be great atmosphere.

Notre Dame is supposed to make an announcement about Turner later this afternoon.

Turner will not play tonight against tOSU. Reimer is questionable. Both are considered questionable for Saturday.

Reaction Score
Always hate to hear about injuries. Wishing the best for them. Bummer that Turner likely won't play against UConn. I bet that Stewie was looking forward to playing against her and showing who is best!

Reaction Score
ND has always played well against UConn. It will be a great game with lots of freshman and new players. Lots of HS stars including 2 of our own.

Reaction Score
I think it is more impressive if the fans wear their own white shirts. To me it doesn't say much to just get fans to put on free shirts.
Just bought a white sweatshirt. Cant wear it until then because it will not stay white for long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom