While we're waiting - any scheduling speculation? | The Boneyard

While we're waiting - any scheduling speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So, few things in play here...

1) Is WVU going to be on it, or not?
2) Depending on answer to #1, do we add a I-AA? Would have to think so, as we don't have one now.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-put wvu on as a ooc if they have a slot. aren't they getting rid of fsu, or is that to clear room for b12?
-ok and other b12 teams are looking for games. lets goto texas(somewhere) a year early, wouldn't hurt media wise.
-we play 2 acc teams and 3 mac teams right? or is umass not yet mac?
-or try to get a future BE team 1 year early maybe?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I can't see a way we would have WV as an OOC. The dates wouldn't work (it will be in middle of conf season), and they will need to free dates up.

UMass is a MAC member this season.

So, right now, we have:

8/30 UMass
9/8 NC St
9/15 @Maryland
9/22 @ W Michigan (ugh)
9/28 Buffalo (ugggggghhhhhhh)

Reaction Score
Please tell me 9/28 vs Buffalo is not a Friday night game. While I love night games I'd rather not waste one on Buffalo.

Reaction Score
UB is on a Friday night.

I'm guessing that if WVU goes we will sign on an FCS team. WVU was scheduled to be a home game this season. Losing them brings us to 5 home games, and we need to have a min of 6.

This brings up another question. With the unbalanced home/away schedule of the current BE, if we drop to 7 teams for a season does the league reshuffle the schedules so all teams play 3 home and 3 away. I'm guessing they would need to.

Reaction Score
Now that UMass is in the MAC, I hope we never schedule UB again. UMass at the Razor will essentially be a 50/50 crows and an easy roadtrip for our fans.

Reaction Score
I agree...I would love to see UMass on the schedule every year. I personally would also rather play another MAC team than a 1AA team.

Reaction Score
3 MAC and 2 ACC? The Colonial is better than those 2 conferences!
There is probably not alot we can do at this point, but I'd like to play a Top 10 program every year.

Reaction Score
This brings up another question. With the unbalanced home/away schedule of the current BE, if we drop to 7 teams for a season does the league reshuffle the schedules so all teams play 3 home and 3 away. I'm guessing they would need to.

Good point, Yes they would have to balance the Home and Away games to 3-3. To not do it would be asinine.

Reaction Score
3 MAC and 2 ACC? The Colonial is better than those 2 conferences!
There is probably not alot we can do at this point, but I'd like to play a Top 10 program every year.

The two ACC games will be fun. NC State will be for conference pride, and Maryland will be the most anticipated game of our season and a great roadtrip to a place that will have alot of tickets to sell.

Reaction Score
Now that UMass is in the MAC, I hope we never schedule UB again. UMass at the Razor will essentially be a 50/50 crows and an easy roadtrip for our fans.
UConn is in a position where they don't need to play UMass every year. At best, I would say a 2 for 1 arraingement perhaps twice every 15 years.
I would rather see 1 or 2 ACC teams each year. An occasional home & home with B1G and SEC teams, along with 2 for 1's with a mix of MAC teams.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
future

1mac-umass
acc/other-home
acc/other-away
fcs- always home unh or maine

if army doesn't make any moves the next couple years i would be open to us and rutgers with cuse. both put army as our fcs type game on the schedule and the round robin winner is nycs team type thing, like i said just with cuse. and the umass game wins new englands heart to f with bc.....

Reaction Score
Yonick- "I would rather see 1 or 2 ACC teams each year."

Why would you want to play teams that clearly want to see the Big East fold and UConn back in Div1AA because we dare cut into their recruiting area? I'd like us to kick the crap out of Maryland a couple times for the classless way Edsall left but the ACC is trying to cut our throat and you want to ask them for the next dance.

Reaction Score
Yonick- "I would rather see 1 or 2 ACC teams each year."

Why would you want to play teams that clearly want to see the Big East fold and UConn back in Div1AA because we dare cut into their recruiting area? I'd like us to kick the crap out of Maryland a couple times for the classless way Edsall left but the ACC is trying to cut our throat and you want to ask them for the next dance.
When it comes down to scheduling prestige, any ACC game is of more benefit than any MAC game. By the way, when it comes down to a team(s) wanting UConn to fail, UMass is at the top of that list.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm hoping Edsall is still coaching at Maryland when they make their way to The Rent. However, he might just get the axe before we get that far! Having him coach when they get here or watching him get fired would make me happy!!!! LoL!

Reaction Score
Yonick- "When it comes down to scheduling prestige, any ACC game is of more benefit than any MAC game. By the way, when it comes down to a team(s) wanting UConn to fail, UMass is at the top of that list."

I have no idea what your thinking about when it comes to prestige games in non conference play but my idea is instead of scheduling NC ST who can't fight their way out of their own miserable conference how about scheduling Minnesota, or Purdue, or god forbid Penn St. Who cares about the MAC? UConn plays UMass because they are the closest thing that resembles a D-1 team in New England that isn't trying to cut our throat.

Reaction Score
UConn is in a position where they don't need to play UMass every year. At best, I would say a 2 for 1 arraingement perhaps twice every 15 years.
I would rather see 1 or 2 ACC teams each year. An occasional home & home with B1G and SEC teams, along with 2 for 1's with a mix of MAC teams.

I agree with you, but UConn has a history of scheduling 1 for 1's with MAC schools (Buffalo, Temple, WMU), so my point is that if we're signing 1-1 with MAC schools, it might as well be UMass because a game at the Razor is easy to get to and the crowd will be 50/50.

Reaction Score
i speculate that every member of the boneyard is going to Maryland on Sept 15th - if someone doesnt cancel it...

Who is going to cancel it, Uconn or Maryland??

Reaction Score
Yonick- "When it comes down to scheduling prestige, any ACC game is of more benefit than any MAC game. By the way, when it comes down to a team(s) wanting UConn to fail, UMass is at the top of that list."

I have no idea what your thinking about when it comes to prestige games in non conference play but my idea is instead of scheduling NC ST who can't fight their way out of their own miserable conference how about scheduling Minnesota, or Purdue, or god forbid Penn St. Who cares about the MAC? UConn plays UMass because they are the closest thing that resembles a D-1 team in New England that isn't trying to cut our throat.
I do believe I mentioned B1G & SEC teams, along with ACC teams over MAC teams. Hopefully, with a new AD we won't have to visit Temple twice in a row. Or, visit Buffalo at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom