Which UCONN players will the new kids most resemble? | The Boneyard

Which UCONN players will the new kids most resemble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
EDWARDS: Abrosimova....smooth, smart, confident.....better leaper though perhaps not the shooter Sveta was

EKMARK: Lewis.....silky shot with range, can do a lot of things, intelligence, poise

NURSE: Doty before injury.......fearless, tough, in your face, nice shot....perhaps better defense

WILLIAMS: M. Moore.....athletic, gazelle, lofty goals, explosive, can score and rebound

(Just to stir the pot, provoke some thought (and feelings:eek:) , and help us get through until the weekend marathon)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Nurse = Faris but with way more scoring potential.

Gabby = Bruce Jenner :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well according to one of the articles today Geno is comparing Nurse to Abrosimova - he should know.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Edwards - Bird/Hartley - a 2 guard with PG capabilities. Can push the ball, and drive to the hoop

Ekmark - Strother - long, lean, outside shooter, knowledge of the game. (and yea, blond ponytail)

Nurse - Actually Doty pre-injury sounds pretty good.

Williams - Battle. Athletic, leaper, quick, fast. Although a better all around player.

Reaction Score
I like meyers options better...Edwards is nothing like Abrosimova. More like Ketia Swanier, but better. Geno actually compared Nurse to Abrosimova, not Edwards, but more in her demeanor than her game.

from Elliott's blog...

Here are Auriemma’s thoughts on Nurse …
“I think the biggest thing that I admire about the way Kia plays is she plays almost like with Svetlana (Abrosimova’s) demeanor,’’ Auriemma said. “She just doesn’t get caught up in all the emotion of everything and doesn’t have the highs and lows that a lot of kids have. When you watch her, she’s just very, very, very solid every day."

I think the Ekmark/Strother comparison sounds pretty good and Williams/Battle too, but I think Williams might be more like Kalana Greene.

All-in-all a potentially very good class, but it could be off the charts good if Wilson opts for UConn...might prove to be one of the best ever in WCBB.

Reaction Score
Summing up at this point:

EDWARDS: Abrosimova, Bird, Hartley, Swanier Plus,

EKMARK: Lewis, Strother, Strother

NURSE: Doty, Faris with way more scoring potential, Abrosimova (only re demeanor),Doty

WILLIAMS: M. Moore, ((Bruce Jenner, David Thompson and Spud Webb, all of whose careers as UCONN Women must have been quite fleeting)), Battle but better, Battle but better, Greene, Greene

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Williams: I like the David Thompson comparison. Think Diamond DeShields, a bit shorter, but more disciplined team-oriented. Elements of Maya, Kalana, Tiffany, and Moriah.

Edwards: Deron Williams. Bria and Sue in terms of play, Maya in terms of interview presence.

Ekmark: Shoots like Ray Allen. Looks like Ann, plays more like Mel. A little of Diana too.

Nurse: Walt Frazier. Offense like Renee and Sue, defense like AB and Kelly. Controls the game like Renee and Sue.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You guys certainly are comparing these kids to many all time greats at UCONN. I have a little bit more of a conservative approach.

Edwards - Montgomery

Ekmark - Strother

Nurse - Sveta on offense, Faris on defense

Williams - UCONN has never had a player as athletic as her, altho I'm sure we've had some come close. Jefferson/Chong/Battle. How's that for a hybrid?

Reaction Score
MILFORD: sounds like someone describing fine wines. Thinking of new career as sommelier? (Long time, no hear.)

ERIC: got a kick out of your "conservative" Strother, ABrosimova, Faris, Jefferson, Chong, Battle........am thinking could a few NC titles with a starting line up picked from tht group :) .........even with the two of us coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom