Which one of you idiots............... | The Boneyard

Which one of you idiots...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Predicted we only get 15k for attendance against Nova!!?? Not sure what thread it was on last week, and its not worth my time to look it up. All I'm saying is that it has been bugging the out of me ever since I read it so I just bought 4 more season tickets. If seats filled is what we need, then Section 229 row 1 just got 4 new tenants! Don't stand under that sign or I WILL dump beer on you! Just kidding... I sit in the lower bowl but may make an appearance to visit my guests from time to time.....

Dammit! Just when I put my foot down and drew a line in the sand about not getting put through the ringer by this GD program again, I have an $800 moment of weakness just because its game week! Wt.........

Lets GO!!!! (Sorry, my inner HFD just came out and I'm totally sober!!)

Reaction Score
Predicted we only get 15k for attendance against Nova!!?? Not sure what thread it was on last week, and its not worth my time to look it up. All I'm saying is that it has been bugging the out of me ever since I read it so I just bought 4 more season tickets. If seats filled is what we need, then Section 229 row 1 just got 4 new tenants! Don't stand under that sign or I WILL dump beer on you! Just kidding... I sit in the lower bowl but may make an appearance to visit my guests from time to time.....

Dammit! Just when I put my foot down and drew a line in the sand about not getting put through the ringer by this GD program again, I have an $800 moment of weakness just because its game week! Wt....

Lets GO!!!! (Sorry, my inner HFD just came out and I'm totally sober!!)
Why are we playing at 7:30 on a school/work night? The schedule maker needs to work with UCONN, not against.

Reaction Score
I'll be there! I'm excited for UCONN football for the first time since my freshman year (2010.) It's my first game in 5 years so I'm hoping for a good turnout. I'm also slowly converting some of my non-alum friends to become UCONN football fans.

We just need to start winning. Butts will be in the seats when we start putting up some W's

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why are we playing at 7:30 on a school/work night? The schedule maker needs to work with UCONN, not against.

UConn chooses to play on Thursday.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
It's Labor Day Weekend. It's what we do.

Reaction Score
Why does UCONN choose to play on a Thursday night? There must be a reason.

I know that when I was a student, everyone I know preferred night games. It's definitely a better atmosphere and it's the highlight of the night, as opposed to going during the afternoon, heading back to your dorm to nap/sober up, and then heading out again at night.

Reaction Score
Wow and wow again, after seeing your post on the Jasper thread and now this I can only assume...I won't go there...

To be nice I will explain, UCONN is a dairy school. With all the ruckus and noise of a football game the cows do not produce as well as when things are calm around campus. Same thing happens with chickens. This is why you will even see a team like the Carolina Gamecocks playing on a Thursday. Gotta keep the chickens calm. This for steady even results. The amazing part is we don't even play on campus but the cows sense the tension of a football game. You have to mix up the schedule for good results.
Do not believe the networks CBS, NBC, ABC, ESPN, SNY etc have anything to do with this. This is a myth and most schools could care less about a game being televised! Got your back bro! ;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

All right, you've had yourself a day on the football board.

But it's the opening week of the season and having an idiot flying around on training wheels breaking stuff is starting to fray the collective nerves.

Come back in December when things are quieter.

Reaction Score

Raf46

Make sure you wear your cup around here!

image.jpg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
When I saw this thread, I thought it was going to be: "which one of you idiots called into the Nova press conference?"

http://www.vuhoops.com/2015/8/31/92...ndy-talley-press-conference-uconn-connecticut

"The call ended with a couple of prank calls asking asking about the manhood of John Robertson and Don Cherry, but Talley shook it off with a laugh before discussing a heated topic - Villanova's failed move to the FBS."

Reaction Score
I'll be there. Bringing my wife for her first American Football game (She's from Brazil). I'm cranked up and in need of extra BP meds. SEE YA AT THE GAME!!
Great; A Carioca brings good luck!

Reaction Score
Nice... 4 hours after purchase the tix are @ my office!!

HOWEVER...... Each packet came with a "Wear Your Pride" 10% off coupon from uconnshop.com that expired yesterday!! Mannn... This program continues to trip all over itself!!!!!

I kid.....

Nice job by the AD

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I agree. Aren't they thinking about the kids? They should be better role models than that. WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I wanted to go to this game so bad. But there's no humanly way I'd make it on time coming from Danbury. I'll be listening in the car in traffic and hopefully be home before the end of the half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom