which coach? | The Boneyard

which coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
is the one out recruiting in texas? or are we just sending letters from storrs without any 1 down there? we have offered probally 10 texas kids already for 2013. seeing bits here and there on twitter some positive and some not. interesting that were going for it down there, i like it.

Reaction Score
Not sure who it is but I've been working on a project in Texas since November and had a nice convo with someone with a Dog Pound t shirt on in the Lubbock TX airport. Block C representing.

Reaction Score
Speculation on my part: Coach P. is using his connections from his time with the Cowboys to recruit players in the Dallas area. Also, former player Paul Duckworth may be putting in a good word for the Huskies if he's still involved with high school coaching in Texas.

Reaction Score
PP mentioned in his press conference that Deleone has ties to the Houston area, and likely other Texas areas.

Coachcap is correct as well. im sure they both have ties in tx.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Speculation on my part: Coach P. is using his connections from his time with the Cowboys to recruit players in the Dallas area.

My thoughts exactly. Although, that would mean P is being more hands on with recruiting than most coaches are traditionally. If so, I like it. The head coach recruiting shows kids they're really wanted.

Reaction Score
DeLeone was given credit for the contact that led to Backeloh. It should also be noted that this could be a benefit of the new Big East

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What were they saing on twitter Dan?

ahh you see the usual posts of just

"got a offer from x"
"x offered me and so did y"

but then there has been a heavy mix of positives and negatives
"that place be way to far away"
"lol at them offering me, i already got tcu and atm offers"
"heading up north far away would be a cool expierence"
"yo they were bcs 2 years ago man"

among others are posts i see from time to time.

they have probally offered 10 texas kids but shown heavy interest in another 10. some 1 is def visiting hs's becuase ive seen coach visit also posted.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If one uconn offered kid ever says lol at them offering me I already have tcu and ATM offers, then I hope we rescind that offer ASAP. I want to cheer for kids who want to wear the blue and white.

Reaction Score
If one uconn offered kid ever says lol at them offering me I already have tcu and ATM offers, then I hope we rescind that offer ASAP. I want to cheer for kids who want to wear the blue and white.

What good does that do? If they are laughing they obviously aren't coming so a rescind does nothing but look like petty idiots who care about our feelings. Recruiting should be a business, the more dispersed we get our offers, the more we get our brand known. And he maybe then someone else from the region will look us up even if a particular player doesn't.

Also if we are offering this early they must have significant talent. So why wouldn't we want to give time for a good recruit to change his mind?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its going to take time to break into texas. its b12 then sec then pac down there. a school from new england isn't just going to land kids right away. 1 or 2 here and there is what we have now and that will eventually will translate to a small foothold

Reaction Score
What good does that do? If they are laughing they obviously aren't coming so a rescind does nothing but look like petty idiots who care about our feelings. Recruiting should be a business, the more dispersed we get our offers, the more we get our brand known. And he maybe then someone else from the region will look us up even if a particular player doesn't.

Also if we are offering this early they must have significant talent. So why wouldn't we want to give time for a good recruit to change his mind?

And what if we are petty idiots who care about our feelings?

Reaction Score
its going to take time to break into texas. its b12 then sec then pac down there. a school from new england isn't just going to land kids right away. 1 or 2 here and there is what we have now and that will eventually will translate to a small foothold

My concern is, should we be spending so much time in a state like TExas (and I honestly can't tell if we are spending a lot of time/resources there)? I would much rather spend more resources on Florida.

Reaction Score
Michael smith is from Texas, so was Ryan Hennigan, so it is not impossible to find some quality contributors. Don't expect to land all the big boys, but there is always some under the radar talent that ends up somewhere outside of Texas and flourishes. Just like Connecticut, there are some kids that like to leave the state and have a change of scenery, just depends on what place they are looking for.

Reaction Score
Texas and Florida have a lot of talent. I also hear Georgia is turning into a big recruiting ground. I can tell you my daughter did cheer leading in Florida and her midget team could of given my high school team a run.
As far as the naysayers on twitter I would rather have the, voice no interest than waste our time. There is plenty of talent out there. Move onto the next person. Quick rejection is sometimes a good thing than to romance them for months if they have no true interest I ever signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom