Which 2 Teams should be ousted from the AAC? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Which 2 Teams should be ousted from the AAC?

Which two teams should be ousted from the AAC?

• Tulsa

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • Tulane

Votes: 107 85.6%
  • UCF

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • USF

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • East Carolina

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • SMU

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Temple

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you look at markets the Tulane and Tulsa stay. Who would not want to travel to New Orleans. Toss East Carolina for sure since they bring nothing to this crap conference anyway. Then, I'm sorry here but tell Navy to take a walk.

Reaction Score
We're too weak of a basketball conference to kick out Tulsa--they are probably our fourth best basketball program behind UConn, Cincy and SMU...if it were up to me, I'd kick out Tulane (that one is obvious) and USF. USF has an atrocious basketball program and their football program is pedestrian. Also, the less times I have to step foot in Florida the better.
East Carolina should never have been accepted as a full member
One Basketball only like, Dayton , WS,or even VCU,
Would give you half the league of credible BB schools
Memphis,Temple, Cinn.,SMU,UConn, Tulsa and even Houston along with one more school with a good BB rep would make this a pretty decent conference.
People who think that's similar to the failed BE model , please explain how it's similar, That's pure ignorance.
G5 leagues have to be flexible to survive.
The Navy football only model really helped the credibility of that sport ,We can do the same in BB.
But not with too many bottom feeders.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
ECU is respectable in football and at least draws home crowds. Tulsa is worthless. Tulane, while in a large city, has NO fans.
NO meaning zero, or NO meaning New Orleans?

Reaction Score
Drop Tulane and UCF. Play 9 conference games drop FCS teams from the schedule and play 3 P5 teams.

Reaction Score
I think we should kick ourselves out, drop football and go to the Big East.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Everyone here knows Tulane's strengths & weaknesses. But I don't think everyone knows about Tulsa. I have no connection to Tulsa, but I'll play the devil's advocate:

1) Tulsa is ranked #86 by US News. That's higher than Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Florida State, etc. etc. It's a pretty good school.

2) Metro Tulsa has 1,131,500 people and it's growing. Is it Chicago? No. But it's not Poughkeepsie, either.

3) Tulsa has had a good basketball program. I think they won several Missouri Valley Conference championships and an NIT championship.

4) The football team won at South Bend recently, and I think they took VA Tech down to the final play in the bowl this year (VA Tech won, 55-52).

I was shocked when they were announced as a member. But they're not a dumpster fire.

Reaction Score
Redding Husky said:
Everyone here knows Tulane's strengths & weaknesses. But I don't think everyone knows about Tulsa. I have no connection to Tulsa, but I'll play the devil's advocate: 1) Tulsa is ranked #86 by US News. That's higher than Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Florida State, etc. etc. It's a pretty good school. 2) Metro Tulsa has 1,131,500 people and it's growing. Is it Chicago? No. But it's not Poughkeepsie, either. 3) Tulsa has had a good basketball program. I think they won several Missouri Valley Conference championships and an NIT championship. 4) The football team won at South Bend recently, and I think they took VA Tech down to the final play in the bowl this year (VA Tech won, 55-52). I was shocked when they were announced as a member. But they're not a dumpster fire.

This is true, they are deserving of a decent conference. I hate to be guilty of ignorance in regard to Tulsa when we know so painfully well what that type of ignorance can do to a school.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Tulsa very literally brings nothing to this conference. Even if their sports are good, nobody cares. They're the first to go.

Tulane is my 2nd pick because like Tulsa, nobody cares if their sports are good. However, there are UConn ties here. Their President is a UConn guy and they are an AAU member. If there is a glimmer of hope that we can use Tulane to get into the AAU, then they can stay. If not, see ya. If they stay, then SMU can go. Their football is terrible and their hoops is a house of cards program behind the shady character of Larry Brown.

ECU has a connection to the DC DMA and when their football is good, people care. They are always good for one of those signature wins against Virginia Tech or other average ACC team. That alone is enough for me for them to stay.

I'm getting awfully tired of Houston fans and their whole "H Town Takeover" nonsense. So wait a minute...the University of Houston is running a campaign to take over Houston??? Houston wasn't already Houston's to begin with?? Yeah, that is big time weak. Can you imagine UConn running some sort of national campaign along the lines of "Constitution State Takeover"?? The comical part about all of it is that their tiny fanbase actually has bought into the message and is convinced that being the 4th most followed program...in Houston...adds value to the B12 or another P5 conference. I can't take it any more. Just kick them out out of principle.

pj

Reaction Score
I'm getting awfully tired of Houston fans and their whole "H Town Takeover" nonsense. So wait a minute...the University of Houston is running a campaign to take over Houston??? Houston wasn't already Houston's to begin with?? Yeah, that is big time weak. Can you imagine UConn running some sort of national campaign along the lines of "Constitution State Takeover"??

I bet UConn would love to be able to take over Mansfield.

Hopefully its failure to do so won't stop realignment.

Reaction Score
Tulane is a very prestigious Acedemic School and AAU with an endowment of 1.2 billion. With a great medical school. Their application to acceptance rate is amongst leading schools in any area.
Since we're essentially a Southern conference having them is akin to a Northwestern or Vandy.
I still think ECU as all sports was a mistake ,and Navy as football only was a coup.
Replace ECU with a basketball only and the conference becomes credible.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Instead of dumping two schools, I'd rather add four from:

BYU
Boise
Air Force
Army
SDSU
Colorado State

Feel free to mix and match.

Reaction Score
Instead of dumping two schools, I'd rather add four from:

BYU
Boise
Air Force
Army
SDSU
Colorado State

Feel free to mix and match.
True the only other credible FBS schools are in the MW and they have no interest.
ECU was not suppose to be a full member and although being in North Carolina they have some potential but there are four schools ahead of them.
Other than BYU and possibly SDSU who actually improves BB
New Mexico would be a better BB add for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member