Where's TriadDuke? | The Boneyard

Where's TriadDuke?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Big game tonight at Cameron and want to hear your thoughts. Duke by 12 with Lexi in the 20-21 pt range!

Reaction Score
Some big dogfights tonight! Maryland with its hands full against Michigan, ND and Boston College close early, and South Carolina with Ole Miss hanging around. And then Duke.

Maryland only up by two by end of 3rd qtr. Wow!

Oops! Spoke too soon. ND now up, and SC pulling away.

Reaction Score
Oh well, only Duke is in trouble of the top teams. Others seem to be pulling away now.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Big game tonight at Cameron and want to hear your thoughts. Duke by 12 with Lexi in the 20-21 pt range!

I get anxious before and during most Duke games........ so its hard to post right before and during games. So far, so good...... better movement an passing this game..... offense not bogging down..... yet. Hicks being in foul trouble has been a tremendous help. Think our overall depth will win it for us in the end..... VPI just doesnt get much at all from the bench.

S/HE is laid out on the couch suffering from DDO,(duck donut overdose).

Thats a HE. :cool: And thats next week..... Duck Donuts doesnt open for a few more days. Gotta get myself mentally and physically prepared :D

Someone told Triad to go back to the Duke site.

:cool::p:D;):rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Suddenly Duke is just laying the wood on Virginia Tech.

I left for a second and came back and the referees had to seperate Coach McCallie and the VPI Coach....... they were discussing something about an intentional foul... and suddenly Coach Brooks gets upset and starts pointing his finger towards McCallie. Gotta look at the replay later to see how that started.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I left for a second and came back and the referees had to seperate Coach McCallie and the VPI Coach.. they were discussing something about an intentional foul... and suddenly Coach Brooks gets upset and starts pointing his finger towards McCallie. Gotta look at the replay later to see how that started.

Wow, really? I don't know the guy personally, but I've never seen Brooks be anything but mild-mannered.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow, really? I don't know the guy personally, but I've never seen Brooks be anything but mild-mannered.

Me either..... I like Brooks as a coach. Glad he is at VPI.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The first Quarter was a bit shaky but Lexi really turned it on and made me look good with my prognosticating. I didn't get what VPI/VT coach was upset about so if you glean anything please post it. Happy for you Triad though FSU looks very strong and may take ND up there!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The first Quarter was a bit shaky but Lexi really turned it on and made me look good with my prognosticating. I didn't get what VPI/VT coach was upset about so if you glean anything please post it. Happy for you Triad though FSU looks very strong and may take ND up there!

Brown's a complete scorer.....3pt threat... mid-range... post-up (on guards) .... tough in transition.... and a 93% FT shooter.

They called an intentional foul on hicks..... not sure if it was called a flagrant or not.

Reaction Score
it seems Uconn fans will not be happy until both LV & Duke dwell in the WBB cellars where they are just good enough to be notice but never relevant.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
it seems Uconn fans will not be happy until both LV & Duke dwell in the WBB cellars where they are just good enough to be notice but never relevant.

is.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Ok... I watched the replay. Here is my interpretation. Lexie Brown was driving for a fast break layup.... Hicks went for the block and fouled her hard... sending Brown sprawling to the floor. She got off the floor real quick... and appeared to take umbrage with the hard foul, but cooler heads prevailed. Dee Katner and another ref went to the monitor to check if it was a flagrant foul.. and proceeded to call both coaches together to discuss the situation. Brooks didnt like what he was hearing... that Hicks was going to be called for a flagrant... protested... and McCallie.... still miffed on the hard foul on Brown... chirped in... and that really set Brooks off. So the coaches started barking at each other for a few seconds.... while the refs pushed them away from each other............ while Brooks continued to gesture towards McCallie.

After the game.... Brooks went through the handshake line quicker than me at a salad bar :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: Walked right by McCallie without a handshake... didnt even look at her direction :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
Ok... I watched the replay. Here is my interpretation. Lexie Brown was driving for a fast break layup.... Hicks went for the block and fouled her hard... sending Brown sprawling to the floor. She got off the floor real quick... and appeared to take umbrage with the hard foul, but cooler heads prevailed. Dee Katner and another ref went to the monitor to check if it was a flagrant foul.. and proceeded to call both coaches together to discuss the situation. Brooks didnt like what he was hearing... that Hicks was going to be called for a flagrant... protested... and McCallie.... still miffed on the hard foul on Brown... chirped in... and that really set Brooks off. So the coaches started barking at each other for a few seconds.... while the refs pushed them away from each other.. while Brooks continued to gesture towards McCallie.

After the game.... Brooks went through the handshake line quicker than me at a salad bar :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: Walked right by McCallie without a handshake... didnt even look at her direction :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

HAD to see that. ESPN3, 2:45 in the 3rd.

No replay shown, but from what I could see it didn't look like all that much of a hard foul, although Hick's arm may have hit Brown's head (clearly not an intentional hit to the head); I've seen a LOT worse than that get by with just a plain ol' foul. BUT...no advantage of replays to see it really well.

Regardless, it is clear that Brooks was reacting specifically to something McCallie said. As soon as they got together with Dee Kantner, McCallie was jawing at Brooks. I'd sure like to know what she said.

That should add a little spice to the ACC tournament if those two meet!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom