Where to watch Saturday’s game at Disney World | The Boneyard

Where to watch Saturday’s game at Disney World

Reaction Score
April vacation and planned a family vacation to Disney for two days and then heading off on a cruise. Have a feeling there will be a good amount of UConn fans in the same boat. Looking for suggestions on where to catch the game. Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
Are you staying on property? Just about every hotel has a regular bar. I went earlier this year but it miraculously fell during the team’s weeklong break and I didn’t need to worry about this

Reaction Score
April vacation and planned a family vacation to Disney for two days and then heading off on a cruise. Have a feeling there will be a good amount of UConn fans in the same boat. Looking for suggestions on where to catch the game. Thanks in advance!
Where are you staying and do you have a car? On property, you are pretty limited - Rix Sports Bar at Coronado Springs and City Works in Disney Springs are probably the best sports bars on property. Last December, I did an NFL Sunday at Splittsville in Disney Springs. They have an outside bar with several TV's and I like being outside when I am in FL.

That being said, I was there last Thursday and went to Disney Springs to watch the UConn/San Diego St game and the vibe was night and day compared to Sunday NFL. Unlike the NFL where there were dozens of people all decked out in team gear cheering on their team, there was nobody there to watch NCAA March madness - it was more like an after work happy hour / frat party down there.

So we left and ended up watching the game at one of the bars at our resort. It was more laid back but there were a few other people watching and getting into it but most people there didn't care about the game.

You have another issue - Everything closes early at WDW. With the late game, you may get stuck at a place that closes at 11PM so note the bar's closing time. The bar we were at closed at midnight so we were able to stay for the second game.

If you have a car, you may want to look at places off property.

Reaction Score
We are staying at Grand Floridian. It’s going to be a mad dash to get somewhere after the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. May have to just watch it in our hotel room if nothing else.

Reaction Score
if there's still a wide world of sports then they gotta have a sports bar there

Reaction Score
We are staying at Grand Floridian. It’s going to be a mad dash to get somewhere after the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. May have to just watch it in our hotel room if nothing else.
Hmmmm...Grand Floridian may be the worst sports bar location on property. I have been to Citricos Lounge and the Enchanted Rose. I don't think either have a TV. On the monorail, Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian is very small but I know there is a TV there because I have watched games there but the TV is sorta off to the side. The Outer Rim at the Contemporary is a bit larger and is a better set up for watching the game.

If you want to be close to the Magic Kingdom, I would probably head over to Geyser Point at the Wilderness Lodge. It is a relatively new outdoor (covered) bar/restaurant with multiple TV's. We stayed there in November...yes, I go to Disney alot!! °O°

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's usually a game watch for the Orlando alumni group. I would check the UConn Foundation web page. I think theyre usually at Delaneys Tavern downtown.

Reaction Score
i’ve gone too disney a lot and disney springs has a variety of bars/restraints that will show that game probably

Reaction Score
Can always download the March madness app and watch on your phone worst case

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are the fireworks going to be over by the time the game starts? The positive on the Wilderness suggestion from @Marbles90 is that you can hop in the boat from there.

Reaction Score
I can’t watch these games in public with other humans. I pace, jump and basically act uncivilized. I also make no apology for this.
I watched the illinois game with my 6 year grandson and he was keeping a running tab on my “s words”. I has to explain to him that when watching the Huskies it doesn’t count as swearing. Neither does ”hell”.
I was able to somehow refrain from the ehf word thank heavens.
My suggestion is to go into the Disney kitchen and watch with the employees. You may have to change the channel from “football”.

Reaction Score
Are the fireworks going to be over by the time the game starts? The positive on the Wilderness suggestion from @Marbles90 is that you can hop in the boat from there.
One of the only times I’ll be hoping for a delayed tipoff. I’ll probably miss the first 10 minutes or so of game time. Will bring the power bank and watch on my phone if I can.

Reaction Score
Disney Springs, a million places to watch. If you are park hopping than the lobby bar at the dolphin is a good spot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One of the only times I’ll be hoping for a delayed tipoff. I’ll probably miss the first 10 minutes or so of game time. Will bring the power bank and watch on my phone if I can.
Then I think that confirms your options. You can't get to Disney Springs, and Geyser Point sounds like the best option from MK.

Reaction Score
Then I think that confirms your options. You can't get to Disney Springs, and Geyser Point sounds like the best option from MK.

There is a bar right inside as well that has screens. If the outdoor bar is closed, that one is open later.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Stayed at the Grand Floridian in October but don’t recall any great options for watching TV at any bars even out by the pools there.

I semi-blundered buying WrestleMania Philly tix for Saturday as a Christmas gift for my kids back late last year. It’s also my son’s b-day so tough to bail although my throat HAS been a little sore lately. ;) So I’ll be that guy with his phone out watching the game while everyone else has their eyes on the ring inside the Linc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom