Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HFD's last know location...

PhzpA.gif

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
boneyard nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ooh ooh ooh...

i'm around. still follow the trail and my uconn stuff. i just find what this leadership is doing to be no better and i also find a good chunk of this board to be completely out of touch with big time sports. i tried, but this fanbase needs a serious sit down and wake up. i was getting out of control im so upset and ppl here wanted me to cut it out so i have decided to just stop. hell the president of the school was taking shots at me on the radio because she hates that i'm willing to expose whats going on. everything from weakness to supporting recruits, to crappy beat writers to bball fans hoping we bank na frucking scholarship. it just amazes me how dumb things have gotten. hell i told months like summer time months ago that noel was enrollign early. the best we have gotten from a beat writer was thomas noel is on campus. unreal. this fanbase has no footprint. the recruit sites? none of them have updated that we have 2 signed kids on campus. thats not lazy on there part, they have no reason to update the lists becuase no one here gives a dam. if they did, then they would mention it and force change. most ppl here are in the clouds with what they think is fanhood. houston is building a new stadium and bringing out cool uniforms. meanwhile we are having lunch loving the salad bar at the cafe. uniforms may be nothing put cloth to cover up your private parts in the gand scheme of things, but perception is everything. houston will pass uconn within 2 years. same with memphis. memphis cleaned up the liberty bowl. u think they are going to change uniforms? bet your dam ass they will. that city is exploding with tiger pride and everyone here is sleeping on it thinking its the worst commuter school ever. well guess what, academics don't mean unless your a b10 school. kansas st, fsu and bsu prove that. u can book me on that if this leadership doesn't change things. uconn has quite possibly the most interesting girls college basketball player in a while. shes not brit griner but shes something special in kelly ferris. shes a unique player who plays bball the correct way. they should be pumping the crap out of her but they aren't. its a dam shame. in a year when fball stunk and boys bball is what it is, u would think this school would do something to pump itself. dam shame. uconn has a bot meeting coming in a few weeks, dont get your hope up becuase it will be full of bagels with cream cheese and hugs.

i have read everything here daily just like usual. the threads with the support and haters are to funny. want to know why this fanbase is such a reck? becuase the school has no leadership to show its fanbase how to be big time and do the right things. here is a great example of me calling out the school. i had a rant not to long ago about posters in student sections. u all know the deal with that. i took some serious shot and said my 2 cents. the school then turned around and pulled one of the most insulting things ever to this fanbase. they made a couple signs. a couple big heads of girls players and a few hugky dog logos. they then took those and gave them to students at the girls game so they can hold them up in the crowd. they basically treated the students like 5th grades at a middle school rally. its that sad what this school and leadership is doing. then during the game the cameras would pan to the students before timeouts for commercials, a few students would hold up those signs. the looks on there fances was a mix of embarassing/wierd/awkard. those kids had no person attachment to those signs, just props so on tv it looked like a very wierd thing. perception. how many people were watching? i dont know. but i bet to you 100 young middle school/high school girls were watching at least around this state. i bet more that a few of those saw that and said "uconn has some really wierd kids" or something to that effect. guess what, to that 14 year old girl who likes wearing pink pants and doing her nails, she now thinks uconn has wierd kids as students. lets see where she goes to college now and if she eve n applies to uconn. what she saw in that student section wasn't fun. thats vision. if the student section had 100 signs and posters that kids made themselves and were having fun with that same gil says that looks like fun, what other school in the country can have a girld bball program i can get drunk and have fun going to games on a tuesday night. none, i def am going to apply and go there if i get in. funny, that just helped uconns admission rates, vision. of uconn is that dam worried about signs that are not appropiate then they should at the door just check signs and if one isn't nice then take it and let the rest of them in. uconn has a serious leadership problem and thats such a small and stupid example it pains me.

stop with the hfd threads and stuff. i'm around and i am a uconn fan. but i have realizes that this school doesn't want to be big time. until that changes there is no reason for me to put any effort in to help that. i thought we were trying so i decided it was time to play with the big boys on social media with recruits and so on. i was wrong, we dont have those dreams right now and its a dam shame becuase if we tried we could clean the clocks on 95% of d1 schools with some simple leadership and vision. until that time i will be just another fan, watch my huskies and enjoy life. this leadersip has done nothing to further uconn. academics are great, but i didn't go to uconn like a lot of u did so i have no emotional attachment to research funds or a new englsih hall in a building. neither does 75% of uconns fanbase. people watch uconn becuase of its brand name in sports, this leadership doesn't understand that.

whats going on at uconn was a crime for years under the old leadership and the new ppl are just making it worse. some of the clowns on this baord make the lunch time special at chuckie cheese look like a board meeting at yale. enjoy the new brand coming out this spring, they got if half right half wrong and it will just mix the fanbase more instead of getting everyone on the same train towards one solid fanbase support wise. unreal. back to my lurking and not caring about people on here talking nonsense.i'll come back when this leadership makes a move.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
lol @ the president taking shots at you. Keep thinking of yourself as if you are relevant.

Reaction Score
Dan is freakin' delusional. Don't make any more threads asking where he's gone. Leave him there.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry I can't quite hear you down here from way up on your high horse. I always appreciated the info you provided on recruits but you really need to get over this whole "I'm the only UConn fan in the world that knows how to be a fan" attitude. First and foremost you should take your own advice from the above post and "be just another fan, watch my huskies and enjoy life." That is the actual point of sports after all, not so people can turn blue in the face about conference realignment. Focus on what's good about sports instead of the maddening stuff you have no control over. It's supposed to be a pleasant diversion from the maddening stuff you do have control over in the rest of your life

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, great artists are seldom appreciated in their own time. I'm not ashamed to say that a tear came to my eye as I read Dan's post.

"guess what, to that 14 year old girl who likes wearing pink pants and doing her nails, she now thinks uconn has wierd kids as students... if the student section had 100 signs and posters that kids made themselves and were having fun with that same gil says that looks like fun, what other school in the country can have a girld bball program i can get drunk and have fun going to games on a tuesday night. none, i def am going to apply and go there if i get in. "

Genius, sheer genius. Let the wannabes try to chug out a line like that, if they can.

I salute you HFD!

Reaction Score
First HFD abandons the BY and today Feinbaum is not on WJOX here in Birmingham. Someone get conspiracy kitty on the case. Either that or homeland security.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I was on the phone with Delany today and all he wanted to talk about was huskyfandan. I'm like, "Really Jim? No realignment strategy, no BTN subscription percentages, no talk of your legacy?", and he's like, "No, what is hfd saying about me and what does he think about the ACC collapsing?..."

Reaction Score
i'm around. still follow the trail and my uconn stuff. i just find what this leadership is doing to be no better and i also find a good chunk of this board to be completely out of touch with big time sports. i tried, but this fanbase needs a serious sit down and wake up. i was getting out of control im so upset and ppl here wanted me to cut it out so i have decided to just stop. hell the president of the school was taking shots at me on the radio because she hates that i'm willing to expose whats going on. everything from weakness to supporting recruits, to crappy beat writers to bball fans hoping we bank na frucking scholarship. it just amazes me how dumb things have gotten. hell i told months like summer time months ago that noel was enrollign early. the best we have gotten from a beat writer was thomas noel is on campus. unreal. this fanbase has no footprint. the recruit sites? none of them have updated that we have 2 signed kids on campus. thats not lazy on there part, they have no reason to update the lists becuase no one here gives a dam. if they did, then they would mention it and force change. most ppl here are in the clouds with what they think is fanhood. houston is building a new stadium and bringing out cool uniforms. meanwhile we are having lunch loving the salad bar at the cafe. uniforms may be nothing put cloth to cover up your private parts in the gand scheme of things, but perception is everything. houston will pass uconn within 2 years. same with memphis. memphis cleaned up the liberty bowl. u think they are going to change uniforms? bet your dam ass they will. that city is exploding with tiger pride and everyone here is sleeping on it thinking its the worst commuter school ever. well guess what, academics don't mean unless your a b10 school. kansas st, fsu and bsu prove that. u can book me on that if this leadership doesn't change things. uconn has quite possibly the most interesting girls college basketball player in a while. shes not brit griner but shes something special in kelly ferris. shes a unique player who plays bball the correct way. they should be pumping the crap out of her but they aren't. its a dam shame. in a year when fball stunk and boys bball is what it is, u would think this school would do something to pump itself. dam shame. uconn has a bot meeting coming in a few weeks, dont get your hope up becuase it will be full of bagels with cream cheese and hugs.

i have read everything here daily just like usual. the threads with the support and haters are to funny. want to know why this fanbase is such a reck? becuase the school has no leadership to show its fanbase how to be big time and do the right things. here is a great example of me calling out the school. i had a rant not to long ago about posters in student sections. u all know the deal with that. i took some serious shot and said my 2 cents. the school then turned around and pulled one of the most insulting things ever to this fanbase. they made a couple signs. a couple big heads of girls players and a few hugky dog logos. they then took those and gave them to students at the girls game so they can hold them up in the crowd. they basically treated the students like 5th grades at a middle school rally. its that sad what this school and leadership is doing. then during the game the cameras would pan to the students before timeouts for commercials, a few students would hold up those signs. the looks on there fances was a mix of embarassing/wierd/awkard. those kids had no person attachment to those signs, just props so on tv it looked like a very wierd thing. perception. how many people were watching? i dont know. but i bet to you 100 young middle school/high school girls were watching at least around this state. i bet more that a few of those saw that and said "uconn has some really wierd kids" or something to that effect. guess what, to that 14 year old girl who likes wearing pink pants and doing her nails, she now thinks uconn has wierd kids as students. lets see where she goes to college now and if she eve n applies to uconn. what she saw in that student section wasn't fun. thats vision. if the student section had 100 signs and posters that kids made themselves and were having fun with that same gil says that looks like fun, what other school in the country can have a girld bball program i can get drunk and have fun going to games on a tuesday night. none, i def am going to apply and go there if i get in. funny, that just helped uconns admission rates, vision. of uconn is that dam worried about signs that are not appropiate then they should at the door just check signs and if one isn't nice then take it and let the rest of them in. uconn has a serious leadership problem and thats such a small and stupid example it pains me.

stop with the hfd threads and stuff. i'm around and i am a uconn fan. but i have realizes that this school doesn't want to be big time. until that changes there is no reason for me to put any effort in to help that. i thought we were trying so i decided it was time to play with the big boys on social media with recruits and so on. i was wrong, we dont have those dreams right now and its a dam shame becuase if we tried we could clean the clocks on 95% of d1 schools with some simple leadership and vision. until that time i will be just another fan, watch my huskies and enjoy life. this leadersip has done nothing to further uconn. academics are great, but i didn't go to uconn like a lot of u did so i have no emotional attachment to research funds or a new englsih hall in a building. neither does 75% of uconns fanbase. people watch uconn becuase of its brand name in sports, this leadership doesn't understand that.

whats going on at uconn was a crime for years under the old leadership and the new ppl are just making it worse. some of the clowns on this baord make the lunch time special at chuckie cheese look like a board meeting at yale. enjoy the new brand coming out this spring, they got if half right half wrong and it will just mix the fanbase more instead of getting everyone on the same train towards one solid fanbase support wise. unreal. back to my lurking and not caring about people on here talking nonsense.i'll come back when this leadership makes a move.
Quitter. Good riddance

Reaction Score
Lol, great artists are seldom appreciated in their own time. I'm not ashamed to say that a tear came to my eye as I read Dan's post.

"guess what, to that 14 year old girl who likes wearing pink pants and doing her nails, she now thinks uconn has wierd kids as students... if the student section had 100 signs and posters that kids made themselves and were having fun with that same gil says that looks like fun, what other school in the country can have a girld bball program i can get drunk and have fun going to games on a tuesday night. none, i def am going to apply and go there if i get in. "

Genius, sheer genius. Let the wannabes try to chug out a line like that, if they can.

I salute you HFD!

Great stuff though.

UConn: where 14 year old girls dream of going so they can get drunk and go to a WBB game on a Tuesday night!

Reaction Score
And of course we can be better than 95% of all other D1 schools. Just because.

I will say this: if it means that much, go work there and become part of the solution.

Reaction Score
" enjoy the new brand coming out this spring, they got if half right half wrong and it will just mix the fanbase more instead of getting everyone on the same train towards one solid fanbase support wise"

I feel ya HFD...as for your brand comment, what do you mean by half right, tell me more...is it universal throughout all the sports? Logo? Since we're talking about uniforms, UConn better make a big splash. Check out Robert Morris' hockey uniforms. I would say use something like that style across every sport...have that national flag blue stripe, red stripe in middle and national flag blue stripe again... Use that 3 stripe sequence in every uniform from hockey to basketball to football to soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom