Where are they headed? (Former Staff) | The Boneyard

Where are they headed? (Former Staff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought I would start this thread as a place to mention/discuss where everyone who just got canned ends up. Yes, I know that some of the more snarky of us would say good riddance, but they all worked really hard and I appreciate their service to my alma mater.

It has already been mentioned that Poindexter ended up at Purdue. I just saw that Wayne Lineburg has landed at Wake Forest to coach (gulp!) special teams. BloggerSoDear blames our putrid return game on our lack of talent, not him. I think it is pretty evident to us Diaco said to fair catch everything.

Wayne Lineburg Named WF Tight Ends Coach/Special Teams Coordinator

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It says something about Coach Diabolical that his former assistants are landing in P5 jobs. (That it was him, not them.)

It also might say he was good at picking his staff...which...I don't think was true.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It also might say he was good at picking his staff...which...I don't think was true.

Ehh, perhaps not, but it's not like his staff choices were widely criticised. Most of his guys came in with decent resumes.

Reaction Score
except verducci
More like Cummings. Aside from never having been a true OC Verducci had a pretty stellar resume. He was running game coordinator at ND and coached OL for some pretty good NFL teams and in college for some pretty good programs. Outside of producing 1 high level NFL draft pick and being a OC who never drew up game plans or called plays Mike Cummings had an extremely poor resume next to Verducci.

Reaction Score
More like Cummings. Aside from never having been a true OC Verducci had a pretty stellar resume. He was running game coordinator at ND and coached OL for some pretty good NFL teams and in college for some pretty good programs. Outside of producing 1 high level NFL draft pick and being a OC who never drew up game plans or called plays Mike Cummings had an extremely poor resume next to Verducci.
Trouble was you could have fooled me when the change over was made. No difference on the field at all. Two hacks under Bob Dibacle.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
WR spot opened up at Iowa - I hope this doesn't happen, but I can see Campbell heading back there.

Reaction Score
WR spot opened up at Iowa - I hope this doesn't happen, but I can see Campbell heading back there.
It has already been confirmed that none of Diaco's staff will be returning. Campbell has already said his thanks and goodbyes over twitter.

Reaction Score
Diaco to Nebraska as DC. He was over his head as HC here, but he has a track record of success as a DC. He could do well there. I honestly hope he does.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Nebraska, eh? Enjoy those frigid Lincoln winters on the Great Plains, Bobby boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom