When You Run Out Of Things To Say | The Boneyard

When You Run Out Of Things To Say

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My only excuse for this is that it is Wednesday and I'm sitting here waiting for an appliance repair person for a 3 month old appliance that cost $2 grand. On ESPN home page under Top Headlines the second story of the moment has the tag line: "UConn winning streak helps it stay atop AP poll". Read it a couple of times. Who the Hades are we beating off with sticks as they charge the citadel? Are we wobbly up here as Maryland and ND slip into the second tier of Charlie's prognostications? Miss State is one the rise, but what provoked this singularity of the obvious?

Just had to get that off my chest ( yes, a joke). I have a better one to suggest: Dominant UConn unwaveringly perfect still atop AP poll.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As long as FSU, Maryland, Notre Dame, Baylor, Texas, and Ohio State , remain top 10-15 teams, UConn has a terrific track record. Throw in USF, LSU, Nebraska, and so on, and UConn has been everywhere you want to be...and in dominant fashion.

Reaction Score
Sometimes showing how tough you are can really really be fun..

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
My only excuse for this is that it is Wednesday and I'm sitting here waiting for an appliance repair person for a 3 month old appliance that cost $2 grand. On ESPN home page under Top Headlines the second story of the moment has the tag line: "UConn winning streak helps it stay atop AP poll". Read it a couple of times. Who the Hades are we beating off with sticks as they charge the citadel? Are we wobbly up here as Maryland and ND slip into the second tier of Charlie's prognostications? Miss State is one the rise, but what provoked this singularity of the obvious?

Just had to get that off my chest ( yes, a joke). I have a better one to suggest: Dominant UConn unwaveringly perfect still atop AP poll.
Thanks for posting this - I had read that headline about five times since the updates were made, and it was really annoying me in exactly the same way. Glad someone decided to call them out!

Reaction Score
You run out of things to say, Rocky? I absolutely had to read that thread!

Anyway, I don't know why Maryland should be slipping into anyone's 2nd tier. They lost only 1 game this year, by 6 points, to...I just can't remember now.

So, I went on their website to find out, and it's really rather pathetic. The very first thing that you learn is that they were national champions. TEN YEARS AGO!!! One lousy NC, and they're still celebrating 10 years later. But my favorite thing is when you move the homepage to the "Maryland Advantage" (the 4th of the white dots) and you click on "explore"-- nothing happens! It's just a photograph of a headless player. Is that the "Maryland Advantage"?

so maybe you (or Charlie) are right: Maryland may be slipping into some sort of oblivion

Reaction Score
Sometimes showing how tough you are can really really be fun..

Or how dam dumb you are in the Dammed pond. Any excuse to buy a beer--like the guy in the invisible suit--I'd dive in with an invisible (plainly seen) diving suit.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this - I had read that headline about five times since the updates were made, and it was really annoying me in exactly the same way. Glad someone decided to call them out!

Did the same thing. Something was jarring my sensibilities. Oh, wait, there it is. Could have lead in with: The Ever Dominant and everybody else Report. I know, Ice, Mojo no no.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom