When will UConn WBB post its 2012-2013 Season Schedule? | The Boneyard

When will UConn WBB post its 2012-2013 Season Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know?

If the schedule for the 2012-2013 season is already posted, where do we find it?

Reaction Score
Last year the schedule was released on 8/31, so I imagine we will see something in the next week. I'm getting excited. Media day should be right around the corner.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
To me, it is simply amazing that the schedule is not published simultaneously with the opportunity to buy season tickets.

I have never detected any creativity or imagination in the UConn Athletic Department before, so why am I surprised to see them flunk Marketing 101.

Reaction Score
To me, it is simply amazing that the schedule is not published simultaneously with the opportunity to buy season tickets.

I have never detected any creativity or imagination in the UConn Athletic Department before, so why am I surprised to see them flunk Marketing 101.

It's not only UConn that has not posted its 2012-2013 WBB schedule. I checked the WBB websites for Stanford, Notre Dame, Rutgers, University of Maine, Cincinnati, Maryland, Baylor, and Texas A&M. As of this evening, only the Baylor and Texas A&M sites have posted their 2012-2013 schedules. The remaining sites show only last season's schedules.

Maybe the schedule for the posting of schedules is set by the athletic conference.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
FYI: Per a Niele Ivey Tweet, Notre Dame's schedule should be released in mid September. I have no idea why these schools wait so long. Are the schedules not finalized, or are they trying to pique our interest?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Kib, I think it is amazingly creative to sell seasons tickets without announcing the schedule. Think about it thousands of fans needing to travel to Hartford every night to find out if there is a game that night. The restaurants and bars will have regular business. The challenge will be for opponents to know what evening to show up for the game. To that is amazing creativity. I have never heard anyone try it before.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Kib, I think it is amazingly creative to sell seasons tickets without announcing the schedule. Think about it thousands of fans needing to travel to Hartford every night to find out if there is a game that night. The restaurants and bars will have regular business. The challenge will be for opponents to know what evening to show up for the game. To that is amazing creativity. I have never heard anyone try it before.

I was thinking a similar thought, except I was using a different word than "creative".

Reaction Score
The schedules take a really long time to finalize. There are numerous parties involved in college schedules, and for women's basketball they also typically have to wait for the men's schedules to be negotiated before they can finalize the women's schedules. You have the individual schools, the conferences, and the TV networks all involved in scheduling.

FYI: Per a Niele Ivey Tweet, Notre Dame's schedule should be released in mid September. I have no idea why these schools wait so long. Are the schedules not finalized, or are they trying to pique our interest?

Reaction Score
Per Big East: The problems are 1) There are an odd number of teams and 2) They don't know whom we play twice other than ND. It is my recollection in the past that ND and Rutgers were the hold up.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Per Big East: The problems are 1) There are an odd number of teams and 2) They don't know whom we play twice other than ND. It is my recollection in the past that ND and Rutgers were the hold up.
Thought it was decided we were playing Marquette twice.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Thought it was decided we were playing Marquette twice.
That is correct... already announced by one of the Horde.

IIRC, the big problem is first finalizing the men's schedule which in turn relies on the NBA schedule for certain arenas.... think St. Johns - MSG.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This scheduling of college basketball seasons seems to be made into something really difficult. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Major league baseball manages to schedule 162 games per team and still accommodate plane travel, the CBA with the players union, etc.

NHL and NBA do 82 games for every team, often with both the hockey and basketball teams using the same arena in most cities.

Okay, allow for the quirks of college basketball schedules that take time to resolve. It remains stupid to start selling tickets before the schedule is posted.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
This scheduling of college basketball seasons seems to be made into something really difficult. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Major league baseball manages to schedule 162 games per team and still accommodate plane travel, the CBA with the players union, etc.

NHL and NBA do 82 games for every team, often with both the hockey and basketball teams using the same arena in most cities.

Okay, allow for the quirks of college basketball schedules that take time to resolve. It remains stupid to start selling tickets before the schedule is posted.
I can only assume they think you want to attend all of the games regardless who they play.....;)

Reaction Score
9-1-12 P.M. We're getting close. Yahoo/Scout now has blank pages where the 2011-2012 schedule was.

Reaction Score
There are 30 MLB teams, 30 NBA teams, and 30 NHL teams all of which have primary rights to their venues. Each league has a narrow clearly defined national TV contract. There are over 300 DI programs broken up into dozens of conferences each of which negotiates their own TV rights. And having 82 games or 162 games on the schedule actually makes it much easier if you are only dealing with 30 teams. There are just far more variables at work in a college schedule, particularly with women's basketball which is subject to men's basketball working out their complex schedule.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Seems we go through this every year. The BE is one of the last leagues to announce its WBB schedule. I believe last year the schedule came out mid-late Sept. The issue is the men's schedule for the reasons I noted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom