When the upgrade was announced, | The Boneyard

When the upgrade was announced,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who wasn't looking forward to games against Miami, Syracuse, Pitt, Vtech, WVU? Every team in that Big East that we were set to join has left. Now, teams that came in after us are getting invites. That is a sobering fact.

I'm keeping my season tickets no matter what, despite the fact that the ticket office fugged me this year by up my order and I ended up two rows back. I'm hoping that if the home slate is going to be made up of Tulanes, and SMU's that the price will come down accordingly.

I don't know what this administration could have done differently, but when politicos agreed to finance this upgrade the conference were in isn't what they had in mind or what was sold to them as Big Time football. For the sake of everything that has been invested in this program, I'm hoping that there is a card yet to be played that is favorable to us.

I fear that The Rent is going to resemble those Conference USA on TV games where more than half the stadium is empty and there is no juice in the building. It isn't the people on this board, we will be there, but the casual fan who has no idea what the boneyard is, and they are out there, they're going to stop showing up. Going independent is a non starter for us.

Could we expand the stadium at this point to make us a sexier choice? Who is going to bank roll that given the predicament we are in? Like everyone else, I'm at a lost for words today. Sorry to clog up the board with another useless thread. Venting like everyone else I guess.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't know if I can say the same. Spending an entire day to watch Tulane? Maybe in September that works, but no way under the USF snow game conditions.

Without a BCS level OOC schedule, the Rent will become a ghost town.

It's little big horn time and it's not looking good.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Who wasn't looking forward to games against Miami, Syracuse, Pitt, Vtech, WVU? Every team in that Big East that we were set to join has left. Now, teams that came in after us are getting invites. That is a sobering fact.

I'm keeping my season tickets no matter what, despite the fact that the ticket office fugged me this year by up my order and I ended up two rows back. I'm hoping that if the home slate is going to be made up of Tulanes, and SMU's that the price will come down accordingly.

I don't know what this administration could have done differently, but when politicos agreed to finance this upgrade the conference were in isn't what they had in mind or what was sold to them as Big Time football. For the sake of everything that has been invested in this program, I'm hoping that there is a card yet to be played that is favorable to us.

I fear that The Rent is going to resemble those Conference USA on TV games where more than half the stadium is empty and there is no juice in the building. It isn't the people on this board, we will be there, but the casual fan who has no idea what the boneyard is, and they are out there, they're going to stop showing up. Going independent is a non starter for us.

Could we expand the stadium at this point to make us a sexier choice? Who is going to bank roll that given the predicament we are in? Like everyone else, I'm at a lost for words today. Sorry to clog up the board with another useless thread. Venting like everyone else I guess.

I disagree, UConn is still a major media player in the state of Connecticut and a major population demographic. Going independant in football, is right now, essentially the only way, that all of us, who envisioned football games against, Virginia Tech, Miami, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Boston College in Hartford - to actually happen.

Major, major crossroads we're at.

Reaction Score
We can try and schedule those games Carl, but conferences are getting bigger, the need for OCC games is going to go down if the have nots insist on scheduling on anything resembling even terms. As an independent unless we're undefeated, we will never sniff a bowl game. We are at a major cross roads but this aint looking pretty.

Reaction Score
It's an option that needs to be explored - football independance.

One thing I"m very tired of, is feeling like a pawn, and not a player in all of this. I want to know what my leadership of my university is doing to benefit the university, and put it in the best situation to succeed.

I am not convinced that the ACC is our best place to be. THe ACC, is remarkably, just like the old the Big EAst, with all it's warts, and handcuffed to ESPN for all it's media rights decisions. Been there, done that.

Is it better than the new Big East moving forward? Sadly - unknown, because Jim Delaney torpedoed not just the Big East, but the ACC too, in one move.

I do think that it would be very difficult, financially, at first, but exploring the option of becoming independant as an athletic department, and establishing our own UConn sports broadcasting platform, might very well be the best step moving forward in the current landscape of college athletics.

Did Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma's basketball programs build a fan base strong enough to do that?

We might just need to find out.

Reaction Score
It's an option that needs to be explored - football independance.

One thing I"m very tired of, is feeling like a pawn, and not a player in all of this. I want to know what my leadership of my university is doing to benefit the university, and put it in the best situation to succeed.

I am not convinced that the ACC is our best place to be. THe ACC, is remarkably, just like the old the Big EAst, with all it's warts, and handcuffed to ESPN for all it's media rights decisions. Been there, done that.

Is it better than the new Big East moving forward? Sadly - unknown, because Jim Delaney torpedoed not just the Big East, but the ACC too, in one move.

I do think that it would be very difficult, financially, at first, but exploring the option of becoming independant as an athletic department, and establishing our own UConn sports broadcasting platform, might very well be the best step moving forward in the current landscape of college athletics.

Did Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma's basketball programs build a fan base strong enough to do that?

We might just need to find out.

Shutting the program down is a more feasible and realistic option than going Indendepent.

Reaction Score
Shutting the program down is a more feasible and realistic option than going Indendepent.
Sad but true. Based on what you have seen from Manuel, what makes anyone think he could navigate such a strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom