When the staff is fired... | The Boneyard

When the staff is fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APA

Reaction Score
Do the recruits stay committted? Presumably those who are worth it are still being recruited by other schools.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I would think that many recruits who verbally committed did so with the knowledge that this staff may not be here next year due to the poor performance the previous two seasons. However, we've seen in the past that players really draw to certain position coaches and when they leave they aren't happy.

I agree the recruits should be kept in mind but not enough to even think twice about firing PP today.

Reaction Score
You will inevitably lose some. Hope we could at least keep Newsome, Marchi, McCallister.

Reaction Score
I hope we keep some, but the fact is that these kids are being recruited for the PGDL system, and the new coach will want guys for HIS system.

Odds are that we will see less "prototypes", and more speedsters with good instincts.

So in the end, i dont think it matters all that much. A good coach will take whatever is there and build a system around it (unlike the guys we have now). Fact is, we have plenty of talent to be successful right now. The next coach will not have a tough time winning with this talent, as long as he can adapt a system to the strengths of the players we have.

I almost started ranting. This is not the thread for it. My bad

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don't see why we'd lose Newsome or Marchi as they fill needs on this team and would fit an uptempo style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom