When are we going to get a statement from BD... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

When are we going to get a statement from BD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I never fully get why folks like to take pot shots when other folks are most vulnerable. In my opinion letting Diaco go was the right thing to do. His performance was such that there was little reason to believe he could get the program to the right place. That being said, there is every indication he is a decent guy who cares about his players.

He has hit a career bump as many of us have. Now he needs to move on and learn from the experience. I wish the guy nothing but the best.

Oh please. It comes with the job. If Diaco doesn't want people taking potshots at his miserable job performance he should go work in a cubicle farm where he won't see anything near a $3.4 million severance package.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
$3Million ... He hit the lotto... it ain't gonna hurt that long...

$3 million and a damaged reputation in chosen profession vs. $1.8 Million annuity and chance at redemption (however possible it may have been)

Which would you rather have?

I believe whole-heartedly that Diaco would rather have a job. And just how much time does $3 million lop off the allowed-to-be-hurt timetable? The pink slip was filed 49 hours ago.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
There was a statement issued by him directly after the report of firing. "Thanking UConn for the opportunity.....niceties, etc "
It was fine. Boilerplate, probably had it in the holster at the ready.

Chin is right about the lazy CT press corp and their moving on without contacting BD wherever he is.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I chatted with a member of the Courant staff about Diaco the other day, and they were very clear about how livid he was with the local media over the past few months. I don't think he's talking to anyone here ever again.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I chatted with a member of the Courant staff about Diaco the other day, and they were very clear about how livid he was with the local media over the past few months. I don't think he's talking to anyone here ever again.
Thin skinned.
The local media is small time compared to that of big time media.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There was a statement issued by him directly after the report of firing. "Thanking UConn for the opportunity.....niceties, etc "
It was fine. Boilerplate, probably had it in the holster at the ready.

Chin is right about the lazy CT press corp and their moving on without contacting BD wherever he is.
Thin skinned.
The local media is small time compared to that of big time media.

You guys are saying it better than me.

My point was that when a coach gets fired he usually has at least one friendly reporter he can give an interview and start the rehab project, OR, at least one reporter knows they can get the juicy first scoop on the fired coach's perspective.

In this case, it literally wasn't worth the effort by anyone to reach out to him. Good or bad.

Indifference. A fitting end to Diaco's time. Just go away.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
He's in Florida. He got fired over the phone. THE END!

He doesn't have to say anyhing.

Reaction Score
Oh please. It comes with the job. If Diaco doesn't want people taking potshots at his miserable job performance he should go work in a cubicle farm where he won't see anything near a $3.4 million severance package.

I didn't say anything about what to expect from the job, just about folks like you who seem to have the need to pile on.

Carry on..........................

Reaction Score
He is slinking away which is his best move. Nothing good can come from opening his mouth. He failed spectacularly. He's a con job and I doubt he would have anything useful to say.

Reaction Score
Coach, I'm sorry things didnt work out better for you, Why couldn't you have just concentrated on, and figured out, how to put points on the scoreboard. Give it time, howevrt, and you won't look so bad after this latest administration blunder. Your sucessor knows little about offense eitber.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Before the OC posting, Benedict knew very well he was incompetent and was aware of the damage he was inflicting on the program.

I would hope so, or else Benedict needs to get his skull examined as well. If nothing else, this week showed that Benedict is rather Machiavellian

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

How could he possibly be? I thought he told us all he was "spectacularly insulated" from all of the negative press content and fandom critics. He should be like this guy:

Reaction Score
I don't see how the buyout was negotiated downward given the over the phone firing, the day after Christmas timing and the revelation in the press by 10:30 that same day.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
In retrospective, Diaco really wasn't "liked" and was a loose cannon. The national media I've heard since the firing and Edsall hire have been pretty harsh on Diaco to say the least. I think he thought he was coaching in the Big Ten, not the American, and with a sub-.500 team at best. I'll admit I was one of the biggest Diaco guys on here, and was up until the very end. But its clear now, the guy was so in over his head it almost had to come down to this. Benedict made the right more, and given the situation- I think Randy may have been the best (or only) option we even had here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom