When are we going to get a statement from BD... | The Boneyard

When are we going to get a statement from BD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What do you think he's going to say?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He got canned Monday via phone. Absolutely normal to tell the press he's not ready to speak.

Yesterday goes by and still nothing.

It shows tendencies of someone self-absorbed to not be able to produce a 2-minute "Things didn't work out, this sucks. Time for me and my family to regroup." Also, who is his agent? One of the reasons you have an agent is to have this stuff ready for you.

polycom

Reaction Score
He put out a statement thanking UConn for the opportunity and everyone else for theit support of the program.

What else do you want?

Woah Subba...I didn't see that. I don't need your ceespool sass

Reaction Score
Woah Subba...I didn't see that. I don't need your ceespool sass

Meaning it's fine for you to take shots at Diaco when you didn't bother to look to see whether what you were saying is true, but when someone else knows that you criticized before you checked it's "sass" to point that out to you?

People have a very odd belief about the internet -- they somehow think that any criticism, unfounded or not, about other people is fair, but they don't think they are subject to criticism for what they say. I truly don't get this.

polycom

Reaction Score
Meaning it's fine for you to take shots at Diaco when you didn't bother to look to see whether what you were saying is true, but when someone else knows that you criticized before you checked it's "sass" to point that out to you?

People have a very odd belief about the internet -- they somehow think that any criticism, unfounded or not, about other people is fair, but they don't think they are subject to criticism for what they say. I truly don't get this.

I didn't take a shot. I asked a genuine question.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd say there's a difference between a statement and a full-fledged interview. He did the first. What I find interesting is that most of the time a fired coach has someone in the media wanting the first interview and give the coach a chance to go in recovery mode for future coaching.

I don't know if any reporter covering UConn football cares enough to track down an interview with him. Sure there is the speculation going forward but usually a coach has at least one reporter he can lean on after a firing.

Diaco's media presence, much like his in game results, is irrelevancy (not even sure if that's a word).

Reaction Score
I'd say there's a difference between a statement and a full-fledged interview. He did the first. What I find interesting is that most of the time a fired coach has someone in the media wanting the first interview and give the coach a chance to go in recovery mode for future coaching.

I don't know if any reporter covering UConn football cares enough to track down an interview with him. Sure there is the speculation going forward but usually a coach has at least one reporter he can lean on after a firing.

Diaco's media presence, much like his in game results, is irrelevancy (not even sure if that's a word).

I don't think Diaco gives a crap about what the Connecticut media says. The national media is more concerned about this week's games than a UConn firing. Plus, the less he says the better because he failed so miserably that blaming other things for his failure accomplishes nothing. He will have to rebuild his reputation by taking a DC job somewhere and helping a team win. Not by talking.

Reaction Score
He got canned Monday via phone. Absolutely normal to tell the press he's not ready to speak.

Yesterday goes by and still nothing.

It shows tendencies of someone self-absorbed to not be able to produce a 2-minute "Things didn't work out, this sucks. Time for me and my family to regroup." Also, who is his agent? One of the reasons you have an agent is to have this stuff ready for you.

Why do you care?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think Diaco gives a crap about what the Connecticut media says. The national media is more concerned about this week's games than a UConn firing. Plus, the less he says the better because he failed so miserably that blaming other things for his failure accomplishes nothing. He will have to rebuild his reputation by taking a DC job somewhere and helping a team win. Not by talking.
Good advice, do you think he'll take it? I'm kind of waiting for the soul deadening minutia filled analysis of how he made all the right decisions and winning breakfast is at least as important as winning games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
...for $3 Million plus as a buyout... Not a bad deal....
No matter the severance package, being fired delivers quite a blow to one's psyche, especially for the first time and at his stage in life. Then consider the manner and timing.

Reaction Score
Good advice, do you think he'll take it? I'm kind of waiting for the soul deadening minutia filled analysis of how he made all the right decisions and winning breakfast is at least as important as winning games.

You'll hear it when he lands his new job and someone asks him. But he failed miserably here, and he knows it. No one but a potential employer and a UConn fan really cares why.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You'll hear it when he lands his new job and someone asks him. But he failed miserably here, and he knows it. No one but a potential employer and a UConn fan really cares why.
Yeah, I don't know. BD has an aching need to explain to people why his horrifically bad decisions were really the right one. Hopefully someone is whispering your comments in his ear.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't know. BD has an aching need to explain to people why his horrifically bad decisions were really the right one. Hopefully someone is whispering your comments in his ear.
The media won't care, unless someone writes a book about this tenure.

I'd like to know what his wife said to him.

Reaction Score
related topic - I was half listening to the news and could have sworn I heard that FHCBD took a negotiated buy-out that was less than his contract stipulated, and that the buy-out is 100% booster money. Did I hear this right?

polycom

Reaction Score
related topic - I was half listening to the news and could have sworn I heard that FHCBD took a negotiated buy-out that was less than his contract stipulated, and that the buy-out is 100% booster money. Did I hear this right?

You heard it right, whether or not it's fact remains to be seen. However, the 100% booster money is more than likely to be true.

Reaction Score
I never fully get why folks like to take pot shots when other folks are most vulnerable. In my opinion letting Diaco go was the right thing to do. His performance was such that there was little reason to believe he could get the program to the right place. That being said, there is every indication he is a decent guy who cares about his players.

He has hit a career bump as many of us have. Now he needs to move on and learn from the experience. I wish the guy nothing but the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom