What's your prediction for the Big 12 expansion announcement? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's your prediction for the Big 12 expansion announcement?

What's your prediction for the Big 12 expansion announcement?

• Expand by 2 UConn included

• Expand by 2 without UConn

• Expand by 4 UConn included

• Expand by 4 without UConn

• Does not expand gets ESPN payoff

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My probabilities:

2 w/o UConn 33%
No teams 30%
4 w/o UConn 18%
4 w/ UConn 17%
2 w/ UConn 2%

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Empire State Building is in blue and white tonight... sign?

https://isardasorensen.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/Tyler Phommachanh-esb-yankees-4-6-15.jpg?w=426&h=596

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
2 w/UConn 0%
4 w/UConn 45%
2 w/o UConn 25%
4 w/o UConn 30%
No Teams - 0%

If the chances of 2 w/ UConn are 0% wouldn't that mean the chance of 2 w/o UConn would have to be 100%?

Reaction Score
If the chances of 2 w/ UConn are 0% wouldn't that mean the chance of 2 w/o UConn would have to be 100%?
No. Because they could still go with other options, such as 4 programs, with or without UCONN.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
No. Because they could still go with other options, such as 4 programs, with or without UCONN.

I read that the wrong way. Early mornings. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati fan here...... My opinion is UCONN is a lock, whether the BIG12 adds 2 or 4......... There may be some push back on Houston and a 5th Texas school. I don't think the school presidents are too enthused to align themselves with a school like BYU, regardless of their athletic prowess. Every metric but geography works against Memphis..... I say if it is 2, it's UCONN and CINCY. If it is 4, it's UCONN, CINCY, then Houston and BYU. Provo to Stoors, how's that for increasing your footprint? The TV guys won't let them exclude UCONN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When I set up this poll, I didn't allow people to change there votes. Now I wish I had. It would be interesting to see how each day's rumors effects people's opinions.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I still think the Big 12 is looking for a handout without expanding.
You may be correct. Unfortunately. Then we find out ESPN paid the Big 12 not to expand, as the state University where they conduct business is desperately trying to join a P5. Something has to give. Would this fly if ESPN was in Memphis?

Reaction Score
You may be correct. Unfortunately. Then we find out ESPN paid the Big 12 not to expand, as the state University where they conduct business is desperately trying to join a P5. Something has to give. Would this fly if ESPN was in Memphis?
Nope. And I suspect(hope) it won't fly this time around in CT. I think almuni will/should really put the heat on state representatives to change terms of the ESPN tax deal.

Reaction Score
Pretty clear Houston is must add even though their academics are pathetic and don't fit by any rational standard other than the Texas Governor says so.

The next is classic sheep-think - Cincy. Again, non-flagship university in a market with no expansion potential. The state is already dominated by the Big10. The sole basis for the assumed inclusion is proximity to UWV and a good, not exceptional, football program. Cincy would be the dumbest add ever made.

So, the two best suited schools in terms of national presence, quality academics and real big budget support could be left behind (BYU and UConn). That is the twisted state of affairs of CFB CR.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With recent comments by Kirk Bohls and Barry Travel, it looks like "stay at 10 and get more money" is very much in play despite Doug's assertion otherwise.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Rich Coppola is on NESN right now and doing a great job of hyping up UConn as a Big 12 candidate to the greater Boston/New England audience (football on the rise, basketball recruiting, etc.).

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
With recent comments by Kirk Bohls and Barry Travel, it looks like "stay at 10 and get more money" is very much in play despite Doug's assertion otherwise.

If that ultimately becomes the decision made, the B12 will be condemning every available school out there, lumping them all together and portraying them as one big snow pile. That means the perception going forward will be that none of these schools is worthy of a seat at the P5 table. If that's the case now, imagine how bad it will be for us several years from now, with progressively dwindling resources. We'll be lucky by then to be able to field an athletic program that would be competitive in the America East.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think they did want that, before the ACC solidified. Now you've got a situation where 8 of the 10 can't feel comfortable that they have a landing spot after 2025. UT knows that it cannot and will not be the "big dog" in any other league, and no other league would allow the LNH to persist. OU likely can land elsewhere, but they are driving this process for a reason, they want the Big 12 to succeed.

The result is that they know they must expand. It's all just jockeying for position now. I still think UConn makes the cut unless the ACC offers first.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Don't anybody hold your breath waiting for the ACC to ride in on a silver horse and snatch us away from the B12 just in the nick of time. We're ridin' high with the Great Plains state boys or we will continue to rot in the AAC (America's Average Conference).

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I've changed my mind. I think Houston and Cincinnati are taken. We replace Houston with Rice, a quality school. But replacing Cincinnati is impossible. Marshall? Northern Illinois? Old Dominion? It gets so depressing. Maybe we just stay at 10.

Reaction Score
I've changed my mind. I think Houston and Cincinnati are taken. We replace Houston with Rice, a quality school. But replacing Cincinnati is impossible. Marshall? Northern Illinois? Old Dominion? It gets so depressing. Maybe we just stay at 10.

I still think it's going to be Cincy/UConn but if it's not, what about Charlotte?

Reaction Score
4 - Houston, Cincy, UConn and UCF takes BYU's spot if this controversy hurts them.

Fox gets new material and 3 eastern time zone teams since it's rumored they want to go east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom