Whats your best case NBE | The Boneyard

Whats your best case NBE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if we are for ever stuck in the nbe then whats the best possible it can look in your eyes?

-i think the bballs will go and so will lville.
-this league is all sports.

east-uconn/ruty/temple/cincy/usf/ucf/navy/ecu
west-smu/uh/bsu/sdsu/memphis//byu/unlv or fresno

or

east-uconn/ruty/temple/cincy/usf/ucf/navy/memphis
west-smu/uh/bsu/sdsu//byu/unlv/fresno

Reaction Score
Navy in all sports is absurd.

I might take the Catholics or the A-10 over that mess.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
your premise is flawed so the whole thread is flawed. The basketball schools are not going anywhere.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
your premise is flawed so the whole thread is flawed. The basketball schools are not going anywhere.

thats fine, that was just my idea. u can have yours with the bball schools. i asked what your idea was and gave my 2 cents thats all. yours can have the bball schools michigan usc and texas for all i know.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Navy in all sports is absurd.

I might take the Catholics or the A-10 over that mess.

in what bball? we play fball and thats where the $$ is. uconn bball vs temple/memphis etc can survive and schedule its big time games ooc. navy bball isn't good, but last time i checked either was sju, gtown or prov football programs. i would take byu/navy/ in a hot minute for this league no matter there bball programs, hell we took smu didn't we?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
if we are for ever stuck in the nbe then whats the best possible it can look in your eyes?

or

So HuskyFanDan, I'm trying to understand your thread; are you asking for the best case vision for the NBE, or do you just want us to pick the better scenario of the two that you've offered?

I will work off of the former premise, and say that I think the best case for the NBE would be to get BYU, AirForce, and possibly So. Miss only. I don't see the value in UNLV. I certainly don't see the value in Fresno. I see some value in ECU, but based on the fact that we didn't add them makes me think that the higher ups don't believe they would help us get a good tv contract. So based on everything I've said, I think best scenario is:

east - UConn / Ruty / Temple / Cincy / USF / UCF / Navy / L'Ville
west - Memphis / Boise St. / SDSU / BYU / / Houston / SMU / Southern Miss.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i want to know what other people think the best case is for the NBE. i put in the thread what i thought would happen and as result what i thought was best. mine is just mine, its not a picking thing.

Reaction Score
If ECU won't help the TV deal than So. Miss will do nothing for the deal. Both markets are tiny, both have smaller loyal followings dwarfed by the much bigger followings for the larger established programs in the state.

Reaction Score
South Alabama might have a brighter future than Southern Miss.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

or

I might barf at those being best case scenarios. Sigh.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If ECU won't help the TV deal than So. Miss will do nothing for the deal. Both markets are tiny, both have smaller loyal followings dwarfed by the much bigger followings for the larger established programs in the state.

I think you are correct in the fact that Southern Miss won't add to the tv deal very much. I should have been clearer with the way that I presented that. The advantage that Southern Miss would have over ECU is in both the current on-field product and the off-field perception. I'm not saying that people still believe Brett Favre is the current quarterback, but I think the perception out there is that they are a quality football team. Although I think ECU is capable of sustained quality, I don't believe that the nation perceives them as being capable.

We have too many "perception issues" for the NBE to include another one, at least not at this point. I think that BYU, , and Southern Miss are all perceived as quality football teams.

Reaction Score
Alabama, USC, nd, psu, Ohio state, Michigan,
LSu, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oregon, and uconn...

Call it the new new big east.

Reaction Score
I think you are correct in the fact that Southern Miss won't add to the tv deal very much. I should have been clearer with the way that I presented that. The advantage that Southern Miss would have over ECU is in both the current on-field product and the off-field perception. I'm not saying that people still believe Brett Favre is the current quarterback, but I think the perception out there is that they are a quality football team. Although I think ECU is capable of sustained quality, I don't believe that the nation perceives them as being capable.

We have too many "perception issues" for the NBE to include another one, at least not at this point. I think that BYU, , and Southern Miss are all perceived as quality football teams.

That is exactly how I feel. Southern Miss is better in my mind's eye. I much prefer them to ECU simply because I consider it a better football program whether its accurate or not.

Reaction Score
My best case scenario adds UNLV, BYU, and Air Force with everyone being in for all sports except the service academies. No split between the non-football and football schools. I see no value in the likes of ECU, So. Miss, or So. Alabama. Nobody has ever heard of these schools and they are in small markets. UNLV, BYU, and SDSU can all add value to the basketball side in addition to football and are in good markets.

EAST
UConn
Rutgers
Temple
Cincy
Louisville
South Florida
Central Florida
Navy

WEST
Memphis
Houston
SMU
Boise St.
SDSU
UNLV
BYU
Air Force

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Alabama, USC, nd, psu, Ohio state, Michigan,
LSu, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oregon, and uconn...

Call it the new new big east.

With UConn the defending champ for 5 years running.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Football 9-game schedule

EAST
UConn
Rutgers
Temple
South Florida
Central Florida
Memphis
Navy (Football only)

WEST
Cincy
Louisville
Houston
SMU
Boise St.
SDSU
BYU

2 games each division, 26 games total plus Holiday tourney (3 games) and two local cupcakes. 31 game schedule.

Basketball East
UConn
Rutgers
Temple
St John's
Villanova
Providence
Seton Hall

Basketball South
Georgetown
Louisville
South Florida