What's Happening With Cathy Inglese? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's Happening With Cathy Inglese?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sylvia Crawley has done a poor job at BC thus far. Her first seasons were pretty decent....though not of the quality of most of Englese's teams. But those teams were primarily stocked with Cathy's players. As more of Crawley's recruits enter the scene the team has faltered. This year they are borderline terrible for a power conference school.

Reaction Score
Cathy Inglese is indeed a CT "girl" but grew up in Wallingford, CT where she excelled and is remembered fondly.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
So I was going through some old "stuff" on my computer and ran across this "photo" circa 2008....anyone remember what "inspired" this? I can't. I assume it was funny at the time, but you know what happens when you assume....

julio_cathy.jpg

So%20I%20was%20going%20through%20some%20old%20%22stuff%22%20on%20my%20computer%20and%20ran%20across%20this%20%22photo%22%20circa%202008....anyone%20remember%20what%20%22inspired%22%20this

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
So I was going through some old "stuff" on my computer and ran across this "photo" circa 2008....anyone remember what "inspired" this? I can't. I assume it was funny at the time, but you know what happens when you assume....

So%20I%20was%20going%20through%20some%20old%20%22stuff%22%20on%20my%20computer%20and%20ran%20across%20this%20%22photo%22%20circa%202008....anyone%20remember%20what%20%22inspired%22%20this

I don't remember that one, but it looks like it might go over big if posted around Rogue Island. Who knows? It might even draw a few more fans to a WCBB game.

Reaction Score
I see the rotten seasons BC has had and wonder over and over again how well they would be doing with Cathy Inglese coaching. I think they would a pretty good.

Reaction Score
Cathy Inglese is no longer at Rhode Island. Left last year. Could not find mention of where she is now.

Reaction Score
I remember the press conference announcing BC leaving the BE and going to the ACC. Cathy Inglese was crying as she said she couldn't believe the administration ignored the majority of coaches that wanted to stay in the BE and it was all about football! I think that started her toward her release at BC! The AD at URI is an ex-wrestler of mine in East Lyme, Thor Bjorn, who last time we talked wanted Cathy and the WBB program to succeed!
Since going to the ACC a really good athletic program at BC went totally in the pits, Football, MBB, WBB, etc. were all successful now stink!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Cathy's bio says her BC teams reached 21 or more wins in 7 of her last 8 seasons there. Under Crawley the team has averaged 11 wins a season the last four years. Also said her her old Vermont team won 55 straight regular season games between the 1991-92 and 1992-93 seasons.

She does seem to be taking a rest at this point. Her dad Vinnie was the consummate principal at Dag Hammarskjold junior high in Wallingford, which is certainly one of the most thankless jobs known to humankind. And it's certainly a good indicator of her integrity that she finally ended up not being able to deal with Gene DeF.

Reaction Score
I always hated her teams at BC. They were physical to the point of mugging opponents if they thought they could get away with it.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
FWIW, Rhode Island is on the upswing this year.

Reaction Score
Erik Johnson is the coach at B.C. , this his 3rd season there. They're still struggling.

mr006

Reaction Score
Anyone remember what "inspired" this? I assume it was funny at the time...

No idea... I must have missed this the first time around, but it STILL is funny...

Reaction Score
Cathy Inglese is no longer the women's bb coach
at URI. I believe that she was replaced a year ago.
It is a sad story. She had good success at BC and her
teams consistently challenged Uconn.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I don't remember that one, but it looks like it might go over big if posted around Rogue Island. Who knows? It might even draw a few more fans to a WCBB game.
Tough question, Biff. Enrique Iglesias the son of Julio did have a song called "What's the Point of Life?", and maybe you mashed the two of them together with Cathy asking about what's the point of trying to coach at a place run by Gene DeFiled. Or maybe it had to do with an English footballer's retort to a Spanish team fan after England knocked off Spain back in the 1990s, "You can stick it up your Julio Iglesias!", though what that would have to do with Cathy Inglese, I'm not sure. Very difficult to retrace the wanderings of infamous minds.

Reaction Score
Tough question, Biff. Enrique Iglesias the son of Julio did have a song called "What's the Point of Life?", and maybe you mashed the two of them together with Cathy asking about what's the point of trying to coach at a place run by Gene DeFiled. Or maybe it had to do with an English footballer's retort to a Spanish team fan after England knocked off Spain back in the 1990s, "You can stick it up your Julio Iglesias!", though what that would have to do with Cathy Inglese, I'm not sure. Very difficult to retrace the wanderings of infamous minds.
I'm thinking the chances are better than a BY poster misspelled Cathy's last name as "Iglesias", other posters noticed and joined in the fun, and Biff stepped in to top it off.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I'm thinking the chances are better than a BY poster misspelled Cathy's last name as "Iglesias", other posters noticed and joined in the fun, and Biff stepped in to top it off.

J66kicker you are probably correct but Dobb's back story is more exciting so I'm going with that one.....

Reaction Score
J66kicker you are probably correct but Dobb's back story is more exciting so I'm going with that one.....
There's no accounting for taste in fiction....

Reaction Score
I always hated her teams at BC. They were physical to the point of mugging opponents if they thought they could get away with it.
Beemer this is not an attack just a laugh in a half. I even liked your post. You present a hockey player as your avatar. The only sport where holding is allowed and mugging is the name of the game!
If any team is getting away with extreme physicality that is on the officials. All coaches teach to play hard and physical. I personally miss teams that could give us a game...

Reaction Score
I spend 6 months a year in Rode Island. A state blessed with a beautiful coast line, but that's were it ends. If you think R.I. sports are bad, you should look at the politic's in the state. Also, Brown University, supposed to be very academic, the behavior of some of the students. is as if they have lost their senses !

Reaction Score
What struck me more than anything else about Cathy's BC teams was the loyalty of the players. A couple of them struggling with multiple injuries filed petitions with the NCAA to be allowed a sixth year to complete their eligibility. If I'm not mistaken, both Claire Droesch (sp?) and Breezy Stephenson did so.

She never had the most gifted players, but she was able to work with those she did have to get the most they were capable of doing, which is an essential of good coaching.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
I spend 6 months a year in Rode Island. A state blessed with a beautiful coast line, but that's were it ends. If you think R.I. sports are bad, you should look at the politic's in the state. Also, Brown University, supposed to be very academic, the behavior of some of the students. is as if they have lost their senses !

Rogue Island politics, and its participants, can be best summed up by two lines:
a. Undergraduate degree at Providence College
b. Law degree at SE Mass school of law
That includes everyone from the late Raymond Partirarca's mouthpiece to the former convicted chief of the RI Supreme Court to numerous state representatives, etc., ad nauseum.
They all were, and always will, be old friends of their club.

Reaction Score
Beemer this is not an attack just a laugh in a half. I even liked your post. You present a hockey player as your avatar. The only sport where holding is allowed and mugging is the name of the game!
If any team is getting away with extreme physicality that is on the officials. All coaches teach to play hard and physical. I personally miss teams that could give us a game...

Hey Woof I expect hitting, holding & mugging in hockey but not in basketball!!! I agree if a team is getting away with murder it is on the officials to an extent- but with Cathy Ingeles' BC teams that was their trademark. Yeah they could give UConn a game all right- if you call throwing elbows & running someone over good in game tactics :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom