What's Dana O'Neil's problem? | The Boneyard

What's Dana O'Neil's problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every time this woman writes an article she takes an epic dump on UConn. Some choice quotes from her latest installment:

O'Neil said:
Look around at the roadkill along the side of the road in this latest iteration of As The Conferences Turn. Who stands as the epic losers in this greedy power struggle? Temple and Connecticut, two schools who forgot who they were.

Neither of them have ever been so-called football schools, yet each sold their souls to the gridiron devil, hoping to pocket some of the big money.

O'Neil said:
Then there's UConn. The Huskies built a football stadium on the side of I-84, won enough games to get to the Fiesta Bowl in 2010 and then attracted approximately 11 people to Arizona for the game. Randy Edsall promptly left for Maryland and, since then, Connecticut has been below .500 and desperate to get to another conference.

Saddled now with an FBS football program to find a residence for, UConn basketball -- the real flagship sport in the Nutmeg State -- is no longer part of the hoop-centric equation and consequently living on athletics' Skid Row.

Hey Dana, you don't have to be either a football school or a basketball school. It's not a binary system. And it's getting old watching you grind that ****ing axe day in and day out.

Reaction Score
It's ridiculous. She sounds like someone I would expect to find on a Providence or Seton Hall board, if I actually read posts at one of those places.

Reaction Score
She's somewhat right. We're not that great at football... Of course, either are Duke, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa State, Maryland, BC.... Some of those have never been good.

Also, she is also right that we have struggled after losing our old coach. That's never happened to programs like Florida, Miami, Kansas State (which has only had one good coach... twice), USC, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Michigan....

It's garbage blogging (not journalism) meant to get haters to cheer and UConn fans to jeer, but most importantly, it's meant to get readers for someone that makes $250 per story.

Reaction Score
She can go herself with dick weiss. I wonder if anyone in Uconn gives two about the PR dumptruck that is burrying them as well as running them over. This is sickening.

Reaction Score
She's somewhat right. We're not that great at football... Of course, either are Duke, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa State, Maryland, BC.... Some of those have never been good.

Also, she is also right that we have struggled after losing our old coach. That's never happened to programs like Florida, Miami, Kansas State (which has only had one good coach... twice), USC, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Michigan....

It's garbage blogging (not journalism) meant to get haters to cheer and UConn fans to jeer, but most importantly, it's meant to get readers for someone that makes $250 per story.
But her point isn't to say we're not great at football, her point is that since we're good at basketball, we never should have fielded an FBS team.

MY GOD, UCONN HAS FORGOTTEN WHO THEY AAAARE!!

Reaction Score
But her point isn't to say we're not great at football, her point is that since we're good at basketball, we never should have fielded an FBS team.

MY GOD, UCONN HAS FORGOTTEN WHO THEY AAAARE!!

She neglected properly state history. In 1996, the Big East, or more to the point the very same schools who are now writing the obituary, begged Uconn to join for football.

Reaction Score
damn I'm getting tired of the "UConn didn't travel well to the Fiesta Bowl" meme. Do some g--dam research Dana. UConn easily had 10K plus at that game. Most were SMART and bought their tickets dirt cheap on the secondary market when it became well known in about 24 hours that the 17.5K UConn was FORCED to sell were ridiculously overpriced. remember, if you wanted to buy a ticket to the BCS champ game - the one that turned out to be Oregon-Auburn - you HAD to buy a Fiesta ticket. Most of those ended up on craigslist and ebay at about 1/5th the original cost.

That was my lesson in how corrupt the bowl system is. And now because we didn't buy the original tickets at the original prices from the gold-jacketed Fiesta jackasses (some who are going to jail) lazy journalists with an ax to grind are whacking us again. Hey Dana, talk to Dan Wetzel about the BCS bowl-ticket pricing structure sometime.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dana and all the writers conveniently forget that the upper decks were sparsely populated at the last Orange Bowl, and tickets were going for under $2 on Stubhub for that game. The Sugar Bowl wasn't much better, with tickets going for under $20 on Stubhub. No one wants to go to any bowl game. The business model is broken, and it isn't UConn's fault.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
My god people how blind can you be? It wasn't enough to kill the Big East, the evil mouse network now has it sights squarely on UConn. "Why Kitty, why?" you ask. Well obviously, NBC is poised to make the flagship university of the great state of Connecticut, a Notre Dame-esqe deal, ensuring our continued survival and proving the validity of the ala carte tv programming model. ESPN is a dinosaur and we, my friends, we are the future! Let the haters hate, I say. They will be the ones with cat poo in their shoes.

Beware worldwide leader! There is a natural order to things and in the end be assured that "the Kitty" will always triump over "the mouse." I have spoken.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
You know what? I actually take much of the UConn bashing going on right now as a POSITIVE sign. Think about it. Why not dump on Cincinnati, USF, Temple, etc?? Because nobody cares enough to love/hate them. It's easy to dump on UConn because UConn athletics have arrived and are polarizing, much like most top teams/programs. They write things like this because they know it will generate lots of traffic and it's a perfect time for these lowlifes to channel their decades of hatred of UConn (probably because a UConn program beat their school at some point in the past 30 years) and kick them while down. I don't see much gloating over Cincinnati being stuck in the Big East or "Cincinnati forgot who they were" articles being written. NOBODY CARES. People care, one way or the other, about UConn...further proof that UConn will eventually be fine and find themselves in a conference with a B1G future. People will watch UConn either to root for or against for years to come. If you want proof, take a look at the bevy of lowlifes marching around in the media and internet message boards rejoicing in the fact that UConn is where it is right now.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Like most I don't think Independent is viable. But it might be.

I'd rather see UConn in a good basketball Conference and develop a Huskies CT Channel which is forced down the throats of the cable carriers for $1 a month. One way to set UConn part is establishing a strong media presence on Xbox, SNY, and Cable. Look to the future and become a media production company determined to exploit all the new technologies and be an industry leader. I don't see the value in the C-USA football alliance for UConn with the exception of the NCAA Football Money distribution which is based on Top 25 finishes of which the new conference has few.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I can't stand her since she started ripping on Calhoun back with Nate miles

She is a hater and just looking to incite a reaction

Tom Penders even tweeted back at me once about how she lost her way and he tried to tell her wtf Dana

Reaction Score
Dana O'Neil is a bumbling idiot.

She's the perfect evidence of why affirmative action shouldn't exist.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Every time this woman writes an article she takes an epic dump on UConn. Some choice quotes from her latest installment:

She's a mean-spirited who should die in a swamp.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She's a mean-spirited who should die in a swamp.
I was going to go with "bitch?" but your answer is more lyrical.

Reaction Score
damn I'm getting tired of the "UConn didn't travel well to the Fiesta Bowl" meme. Do some g--dam research Dana. UConn easily had 10K plus at that game. Most were SMART and bought their tickets dirt cheap on the secondary market when it became well known in about 24 hours that the 17.5K UConn was FORCED to sell were ridiculously overpriced. remember, if you wanted to buy a ticket to the BCS champ game - the one that turned out to be Oregon-Auburn - you HAD to buy a Fiesta ticket. Most of those ended up on craigslist and ebay at about 1/5th the original cost.

That was my lesson in how corrupt the bowl system is. And now because we didn't buy the original tickets at the original prices from the gold-jacketed Fiesta jackasses (some who are going to jail) lazy journalists with an ax to grind are whacking us again. Hey Dana, talk to Dan Wetzel about the BCS bowl-ticket pricing structure sometime.

I agree, anyone that was there knows its bs , however, our AD and Pres at the time never refuted the numbers so now its fact. and oh thanks espn for having our backs and on us that whole time telling everyone in the country we had no business being in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom