What Would College Football Conferences Be Without Gerrymandering? (w/ maps) | The Boneyard

What Would College Football Conferences Be Without Gerrymandering? (w/ maps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Probably should go on college realignment thread but it's slow here...

http://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2...e-football-conferences-without-gerrymandering

>>With the (possibly temporary) loss of UAB and the addition of Charlotte, college football still has 128 teams at the FBS level. So we can use the shortest line possible to split the whole map of the United States in two, each side with 64 teams. Then split those regions into groups of 32 and so on, until we have 16 groups of eight. The shortest line ensures that the splitting was done based on geography and not based on someone's whims or prejudices.<<

And the dream/nightmare looks like this.
SplitLine2.3.0.PNG

Northeast (upper right yellow - duh): Buffalo, Syracuse, Temple, Rutgers, Army, UMass, UConn and Boston College.

Mid-Atlantic would add: Akron, Kent State, Pittsburgh, Penn State, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland and Navy

(8) 16 team conference may be interesting but never happening.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It doesn't take $$$ in to account. Needs to have a minimum buy-in with respect to athletic budgets. The fact the UConn ends up in the worst possible position is naturally consistent with CR Rule #1.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I love geography and I love college football. Sometimes the two don't mix very well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It doesn't take $$$ in to account. Needs to have a minimum buy-in with respect to athletic budgets. The fact the UConn ends up in the worst possible position is naturally consistent with CR Rule #1.
Move Penn State and Pitt up and I can live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom