What Would Be Worse? | The Boneyard

What Would Be Worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I hate to come across as a pessimist, but check this board almost every day hoping for good news. I starting thinking about this question and I am not sure the answer.

What would be worse, that the Big 12 does not expand, or that they do and do not select us?

I am thinking the latter, but I am interested to hear your thoughts about what both options mean for us short term and long term. It's like watching a Dook vs. BC game and trying to figure out which outcome is better for us.

If this is bad mojo, feel free to call me names and delete it.

Reaction Score
How is this even a question? Of course it would be worse if the Big 12 expanded and took AAC teams that aren't UConn than if they didn't expand at all. Unless they took Tulsa and Tulane.

Reaction Score
How is this even a question? Of course it would be worse if the Big 12 expanded and took AAC teams that aren't UConn than if they didn't expand at all. Unless they took Tulsa and Tulane.
Or it could be better...........Means UConn said no because of pending B1g invite. Paging Conspiracy Kitty...here kitty, kitty!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The AAC TV deal has conditions where if UConn, Cincy or UCF leave the package could get reduced. So it would really hurt if Cincy/BYU and not UConn go to the B12. If no expansion happens, or is BYU/CSU or BYU/Boise (either scenario sounds unlikely right now) it's not necessarily damaging for UConn in the short term beyond being stuck in the AAC for at least a few more years.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score

I wasn't only asking about them taking AAC teams. What if they took CSU and BYU?

Reaction Score
I hate to come across as a pessimist, but check this board almost every day hoping for good news. I starting thinking about this question and I am not sure the answer.

What would be worse, that the Big 12 does not expand, or that they do and do not select us?

I am thinking the latter, but I am interested to hear your thoughts about what both options mean for us short term and long term. It's like watching a Dook vs. BC game and trying to figure out which outcome is better for us.

If this is bad mojo, feel free to call me names and delete it.

Actually deferring expansion for one or two years doesn't hurt us that much.
If our football program is on the rise it will make inclusion then more likely. Expanding now without us if other AAC teams are taken is the worst case .
If they go west with CSU and BYU it would be bad but we would still be in the game.

Reaction Score
If the XII expands and takes (e.g.) Cincinnati and Houston, I think you can kiss goodbye the idea of UConn as a nationally-relevant athletics program.

There may still be another round of expansion around 2025, but by that time the damage to our revenue and brand will have been catastrophic. That expansion won't be in time to help us.

Reaction Score
What would be worse:

Having to fight one regular size Houston Cougar or a dozen 1.5 foot tall Cincinnati Bearcats?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or it could be better......Means UConn said no because of pending B1g invite. Paging Conspiracy Kitty...here kitty, kitty!
Huskyfandan? That you?

Reaction Score
If the XII expands and takes (e.g.) Cincinnati and Houston, I think you can kiss goodbye the idea of UConn as a nationally-relevant athletics program.

There may still be another round of expansion around 2025, but by that time the damage to our revenue and brand will have been catastrophic. That expansion won't be in time to help us.

If the Big 12 takes Houston, before us, I will personally charter a flight to Jonestown for thirst quenching cocktails.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
To be fair, we do have one final option if the B12 passes us over. At some point, even if they don't want to, you'd have to think Notre Dame joins a conference. If that confrence were the acc, they'd need a 16th team, and were the only realistic option not under a GOR.

That said, Notre Dame might never join a conference, the ACC has passed on us for Pitt and UL, and rule 1.

Honestly, I'd rather be in the ACC anyways, so I'll wait a little longer if it means we end up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom