What was it that KML said ? | The Boneyard

What was it that KML said ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I only caught part of what the announcers said about not being able to lift a softball.
That did not sound good.

What was the context of that statement?

thanks

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She said she tried the shooting motion with a softball and didn't have much strength in her arm. Not surprising, her arm just came out of a sling.

Reaction Score
She looked like she was doing much better tonight. Small strap on her arm instead of the huge sling. Also was catching some balls and throwing to the others during warm up before the game, although she was mostly using her left hand.

Reaction Score
She looked like she was doing much better tonight. Small strap on her arm instead of the huge sling. Also was catching some balls and throwing to the others during warm up before the game, although she was mostly using her left hand.
That was more than a small strap. That was a special brace that allows the team doctor/trainer to lock her arm in position. There's a small dial on the side that allows them to set the angle. Also was mentioned that she ran up and down the stairs in the XL Center during warm ups to keep up her conditioning. This type of injury is tricky. Three weeks seems to be an awfully early time table, and this team does not need her to win. Definitely not worth rushing back, so hopefully she takes all the time she needs for a full recovery, though they mentioned she has been frustrated by not being able to play and commiserates with Tuck.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That brace she is wearing is like a leg brace. They can control the range of motion and increase it periodically. Given her description of what she has for strength and range I am thinking 3-5 weeks may be optimistic but I suspect they are, also, having her attempt range exercises until strict limits and controls under heavy supervision.

Reaction Score
She's young so she should be able to heal up pretty quickly.

Still, no need to rush things since the team's doing so well even without her.

Reaction Score
Yes, but that can be massaged. So to speak.

Only to some extent. I doubt the UConn doctor would flagrantly lie and put his reputation on the line by saying she was unable to play in March if all medical documentation showed she was healthy by mid-January.

There have been cases in football where hardship waivers were turned down because injuries were clearly not season-ending. I imagine it has happened in basketball as well, although all of this is handled behind closed doors so we likely would never hear about it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Only to some extent. I doubt the UConn doctor would flagrantly lie and put his reputation on the line by saying she was unable to play in March if all medical documentation showed she was healthy by mid-January.

There have been cases in football where hardship waivers were turned down because injuries were clearly not season-ending. I imagine it has happened in basketball as well, although all of this is handled behind closed doors so we likely would never hear about it.
Nerve response is very tricky and very difficult to prove preparedness to play. I doubt lying is necessary if performance is anywhere below the previous full healthy standard.

Reaction Score
If she is healthy in 8 weeks or 10 weeks or 12 weeks etc, then she is not allowed to "redshirt".

it is irrelevant when she becomes healthy, if she plays in less than 20% of the games she can red-shirt. Baring any major setbacks I doubt she red-shirts.

Reaction Score
Am I experiencing deja vu all over again . . . or did we just have a thread
about this a week or two ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members