What names does W.Manual have locked in his desk? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What names does W.Manual have locked in his desk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if warde even calls turner gill, i dont know what i would even do. its that bad in my mind. i don't own a rope but i bet i could find a cheap one at home depot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Bet Turner Gil has a the talk over the last few weeks. Can hear it now " what do ya think Turner? Sleep on it buddy"

I seriously doubt that Gill would be a consideration.

I imagine (considering his background and the circles he's run on over the years) that WM's short list will be whittled down from a longer and more thorough list than anyone here can imagine.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So... would you go through Neinas' consulting firm* again? At the time lots of folks liked the idea. If Warde is a "football guy" who has a lot of good contacts it shouldn't be necessary, amirite?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
So... would you go through Neinas' consulting firm* again? At the time lots of folks liked the idea. If Warde is a "football guy" who has a lot of good contacts it shouldn't be necessary, amirite?

If Neinas' firm is going to be a consideration I would take the stance that they were every bit as competent two years ago as they are today and take a look at their last recommendation (McGhee). There is no reason why we can't use the advice today that we paid for two years ago (without needing to pay them a second time).

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I seriously doubt that Gill would be a consideration.

I imagine (considering his background and the circles he's run on over the years) that WM's short list will be whittled down from a longer and more thorough list than anyone here can imagine.
Can't imagine theirs much qualified help that would want to come here

Reaction Score
What nonsense. Especially among well thought of coordinators, top Mid-major coahces, all would seriously consider coaching at UConn. You miss out on a chance like that and you might never get another call.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

There will always be more qualified candidates than there will be head coaching jobs. There will be people out there capable of doing great things here and willing to come here to prove their wares (whether they will be willing to stay is a different story).

If schools like Northwestern and Kansas St can find coaches to turn their programs around from what they had been historically to highly ranked teams going to major bowl games (you should have seen the big deal NW grads made about their trip to the Rose Bowl in the mid 1990's) we can find someone to fix what is going on here.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
PETRINO!
Pork_Chop_medium.gif

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
What nonsense. Especially among well thought of coordinators, top Mid-major coahces, all would seriously consider coaching at UConn. You miss out on a chance like that and you might never get another call.
Well I guess we need to go find it,cuz it ain't here

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
While I agree UConn isn't a dream job of any distinction, it is and will be a stepping stone job for ambitious future head coaches. For goodness sake, Gus Malzhan (sp?) was one of the hottest Co-ordinators and he took a HC gig at Arkansas State. ARKANSAS ST?!? Yeah, he may be there for a year or two and then move on but if he can get the program going in the right direction, than so be it. So what we need to be remembering that Petrino and others will never be coming here. The days of coaches staying long periods of time are over. I really hope UConn doesn't have that mentality that they want a coach who'll stay as long as Edsall and then hire someone in the twilight of their career, ala PP. Give me a big coordinator any day. But Petrino, Addazio, etc are NOT coming here. Being in the NBE will make us continue to be a stepping stone program but at this moment, I am perfectly fine with that.

Reaction Score
No way! I would actually think about giving up my tickets if they hire Ambrose!

Clearly you haven't paid any attention to him since he took over at Towson.

Reaction Score
Clearly you haven't paid any attention to him since he took over at Towson.
Actually I have...I also work with a Towson football alumni in my firehouse....I stand by what I wrote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom