What makes the boneyard special? | The Boneyard

What makes the boneyard special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What makes the boneyard special? People! People like Husky Nan, the lead Husky, pulling the sledge along. It's Danny K, the official unofficial photographer. It's BRS24 posting an updated roster by year. And it's all the other posters who provide insight of players, opponents and games.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's the people. The BY is special and singular in my experience. It pulls together varied peoples and topics which are related or not to sports and sundry. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This just in.............................it's the people. Some of the most intelligent and loyal fans in the country. Yarders know their college (UConn) sports. You can''t BS a yarder either. They can smell ca-ca a mile away, and they'll call you on it. Some of the humor here in the yard is priceless, and I love it. Sometimes being in the yard is better than watching TV, and sometimes it's a lot more entertaining.I like some of the OT posts and comments too.

We've got some posters that never sleep. They keep their finger on the pulse of WCBB. If a story breaks via social media, espn or a team's booster website, those guys are on it, and post it here within minutes. I think we've got some program "insiders" that drop in every now and again also. We appreciate anything they're able to share with us. I love this place. :D

Reaction Score
This just in.........it's the people. Some of the most intelligent and loyal fans in the country. Yarders know their college (UConn) sports. You can''t BS a yarder either. They can smell ca-ca a mile away, and they'll call you on it. Some of the humor here in the yard is priceless, and I love it. Sometimes being in the yard is better than watching TV, and sometimes it's a lot more entertaining.I like some of the OT posts and comments too.

We've got some posters that never sleep. They keep their finger on the pulse of WCBB. If a story breaks via social media, espn or a team's booster website, those guys are on it, and post it here within minutes. I think we've got some program "insiders" that drop in every now and again also. We appreciate anything they're able to share with us. I love this place. :D

...and a lot of sleepers who never post ;)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I appreciate the shout out. Call me a data geek, but I love looking at things in a visual way. For me, the BY is a lifeline to CT, as I'm now in FL for the winter months, so all news articles, BY threads, and other info are a joy.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nan, JS and Biff have been at great pains to keep the Boneyard civil and as objective as is possible for a fan board. They have take a lot of flak from folks who felt that too much civility is not a good thing on a site devoted primarily to the discussion and appreciation of UConn Women's bball. Some folks have even left the board in protest over what they have considered to be way too much sweetness and light. The mods have stuck to their guns, however, and that is why the Boneyard women's board is what it is. There are other boards for the more truculent. My sombrero is off to our mods. They spend a lot of non-remunerated time time looking after things, and my position has always been that as unpaid volunteers, they are entitled to run the board in whatever manner they deem best. And the BY has been and remains by far the best fan board in wccb.

Reaction Score
I highly appreciate everyone's insight and dedication into following the team. It's simply wonderful, especially for those of us who live rather far away!

So, my hat is off to everyone for all the various contributions provided!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I like the BY because the news often breaks here first.

It's a place where it's (usually) OK to disagree on questions of substance.

I enjoy the collective BB IQ of the group.

I get to contribute what I can and get answers to many questions that would otherwise be unanswered.

arch

Reaction Score
What makes the boneyard special? People! People like Husky Nan, the lead Husky, pulling the sledge along. It's Danny K, the official unofficial photographer. It's BRS24 posting an updated roster by year. And it's all the other posters who provide insight of players, opponents and games.

Modesty

Reaction Score
I like all the money I get for posting here

th

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
A great place to learn about the history of the game and the rivalries of the 90's and early 2000's (I wasn't paying attention to WCBB or WBB in general at that point).. I enjoy hearing from fans of the game that are much older and wiser than myself.

I applaud how welcoming the BY is (in comparison to other boards that I only have the nerve to lurk on) and I enjoy being around other passionate fans, even if they are passionate about another team.

You guys know that I like to pick and prod at times but I genuinely admire Geno and the program that he's built at UCONN.. and it's neat to be around fans that appreciate it and recognize the hard work.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
What makes the boneyard special? Well, if you go to a bar and order one, you get grand marnier, Cointreau, seltzer, Patron Reposado, and just a dab of Husky blue Curaçao. Shaken, not stirred, for heaven's sake.

Order a boneyard special at a nearby watering hole today!

Reaction Score
I started out on ESPN fan message board, when that went south I went to CollegeFansOnly and liked most of the posters but it got to be a viciously sick attack anyone that strayed from the common ground, real nasty, and no-one called them on it so then I came to the BONEYARD and so far no ones kicked me off so I guess I can't be too bad!
I like the varied ideas and personalities and being excessive compulsive I really appreciate Husky Nan, JS, etc. really keeping a tight ship! And I understand that sometimes I'm too passionate and have to be stepped on by the Mods!
And I hope the next time the BYers meet & greet I'll try not to fall down the stairs on my way there as I did in the arena in Bridgeport! Bummer!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What makes the boneyard special? Well, if you go to a bar and order one, you get grand marnier, Cointreau, seltzer, Patron Reposado, and just a dab of Husky blue Curaçao. Shaken, not stirred, for heaven's sake.

Order a boneyard special at a nearby watering hole today!
I may order one, but I ain't drinking that thing. They should be served by an EMT. Just say "Barkeep, I'll take a coffin straight up".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom