What is Will Myers worth? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What is Will Myers worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jeter absolutely is a liability at short. The guy can make plays on the balls hit right at him or the slow balls in that he has to run in and make the quick flip. But his range his horrific. And that was before he broke his ankle.

Liability? Of course, your not exaggerating.You're the voice of reason here! I know he's 38, but he's freakin' Derek Jeter and he would not play the game of baseball if he ever believed that he was a liability! Liability? Liability? Really, and you're not exaggerating? You're serious? You're talking baseball? Not sandlot? I hope that this is a joke! Are you really serious?

Reaction Score
Liability? Of course, your not exaggerating.You're the voice of reason here! I know he's 38, but he's freakin' Derek Jeter and he would not play the game of baseball if he ever believed that he was a liability! Liability? Liability? Really, and you're not exaggerating? You're serious? You're talking baseball? Not sandlot? I hope that this is a joke! Are you really serious?
I'm quite serious.
Let's just say that my favorite italian dish is Pasta Diving Jeter

Reaction Score
I'm quite serious.
Let's just say that my favorite italian dish is Pasta Diving Jeter

My favorite dish is Baked Stuffed Vagina named after The Viking..........you are the man!

You take your guys at SS this year and we'll stay with the guy who can't go left and not as good as he used to right but makes the plays he's supposed to.........and hits .300..........love watching the "great" plays and diving plays but again, let me know how many runs his inability to go either way hurt compared to you guys throwing out a .220 hitter okay Erik?.......you seriosuly need to worry about that team who hasn't made the playoffs in 2 years and hardly has anything to brag about to throw on the field.......Oh yeah but Youk was the man a while ago to you too now he sucks at third, you're such a - Happy New Year:)

Reaction Score
My favorite dish is Baked Stuffed Vagina named after The Viking..........you are the man!

You take your guys at SS this year and we'll stay with the guy who can't go left and not as good as he used to right but makes the plays he's supposed to.........and hits .300..........love watching the "great" plays and diving plays but again, let me know how many runs his inability to go either way hurt compared to you guys throwing out a .220 hitter okay Erik?.......you seriosuly need to worry about that team who hasn't made the playoffs in 2 years and hardly has anything to brag about to throw on the field.......Oh yeah but Youk was the man a while ago to you too now he sucks at third, you're such a - Happy New Year:)
I have to admit I get a kick out of seeing how easy is to make you respond with inflammatory posts even when I'm giving you the truth. :D

The bottom line is that except for maybe one year in the past 5 or 6 Jeter has absolutely been a liablity in the field. Like I said he is very good at balls hit right at him, but the balls to his right or left, his range is poor and that's putting it kindly. It's been 5 years, maybe more since he was mastering his hop in the hole at SS and making the throw to 1B

Why are you bringing up the Red Sox in the conversation? That has nothing to do with the comments I made - and for the record I'm not delusional against giving Yankees players praise - I gave defensive props to 4 yankees a few posts up the river. And most Sox fans have said that Youk is not very good at 3B before he signed with NY. At 1B he won his gold gloves, he was great at 1B for us but that was 3 or 4 years ago before he started breaking down physically. Once Adrian Gonzalez was signed and Youk was pushed to 3B again we saw first hand that his range was just not there.

What's funny is that most Yankees fans I know actually agree with me. When a ball is hit up the middle or in the hole between SS and 3B they cringe. But please carry on with your vagina and responses, they bring so much to the discussion.

Reaction Score
I have to admit I get a kick out of seeing how easy is to make you respond with inflammatory posts even when I'm giving you the truth. :D

The bottom line is that except for maybe one year in the past 5 or 6 Jeter has absolutely been a liablity in the field. Like I said he is very good at balls hit right at him, but the balls to his right or left, his range is poor and that's putting it kindly. It's been 5 years, maybe more since he was mastering his hop in the hole at SS and making the throw to 1B

Why are you bringing up the Red Sox in the conversation? That has nothing to do with the comments I made - and for the record I'm not delusional against giving Yankees players praise - I gave defensive props to 4 yankees a few posts up the river. And most Sox fans have said that Youk is not very good at 3B before he signed with NY. At 1B he won his gold gloves, he was great at 1B for us but that was 3 or 4 years ago before he started breaking down physically. Once Adrian Gonzalez was signed and Youk was pushed to 3B again we saw first hand that his range was just not there.

What's funny is that most Yankees fans I know actually agree with me. When a ball is hit up the middle or in the hole between SS and 3B they cringe. But please carry on with your vagina and responses, they bring so much to the discussion.

Most Yankee fans that know you have to be moron's too.....lol.........he would be a "liability" if he couldn't make the every day play and he does make it, he still makes the throws....what out there is better smart guy? I know you have nothing on your roster better than Derek Jeter do you? Again take in the overall not just the obvious fact he doesn't have the range.........if you can gather that kind of information in? Wow no he's doesn't have great range and isn't what he used to be so let's sign Stephen Drew NOT he blows!! There's no one out there yet worth telling your team captain he's through...nothing unless you look at the obvious which they have nothing to trade for........think before you post we already know you're stupid don't continue to pile on yourself!!!!

Why are you talking about jeter douchey, this thread was about Will Myers? Figure that out before you answer smart guy!!

Reaction Score
Most Yankee fans that know you have to be moron's too.....lol.........he would be a "liability" if he couldn't make the every day play and he does make it, he still makes the throws....what out there is better smart guy? I know you have nothing on your roster better than Derek Jeter do you? Again take in the overall not just the obvious fact he doesn't have the range.........if you can gather that kind of information in? Wow no **** he's doesn't have great range and isn't what he used to be so let's sign Stephen Drew NOT he blows!! There's no one out there yet worth telling your team captain he's through...nothing unless you look at the obvious which they have nothing to trade for........think before you post we already know you're stupid don't continue to pile on yourself!!!!

Why are you talking about jeter douchey, this thread was about Will Myers? Figure that out before you answer smart guy!!
Man, you really really need to chill out. I can see your drool dripping off every word you type.

I didn't introduce the Yankees defense into the Myers thread, others did. I'm merely adding my two cents. And I never said the Yankees should dump Jeter because of his defense and go get someone else. I'm fully aware that it is Jeter and Jeter alone who will call the shots re: when he stops playing SS.

Here's a little lesson for you though. If you play SS or 2B or CF and you don't have range, then yes. You are a liability. It certainly helps if you make the basic plays. But it doesnt cover for the fact that you are indeed a liablity if you can't go and get the ball at a premium defensive position up the middle of the field. I thought that was kind of common knowledge.

That bit of info has nothing to do with how he hits, it has nothing to do with Stephen Drew, it has nothing to do with the Red Sox, it has nothing to do with vaginas, it has nothing to do with s, it is what is.

Now can you start to act like an adult when you post here?

Reaction Score
Here's a lesson for you I am an adult and I love playing around with you Vikedude (No drool just a smile:D) .........and another lesson, I'm guessing you really believe everything you write as The Bible in baseball knowledge and it's not. Neither is mine, but yours is from a Red Sox point of view at all times while I try to occasionally mix in the fact I played the game a real long time and feel I know a little, I don't think you do - and by the way that doesn't make me any smarter and I never say I'm always or ever right but egging you on is fun........tell me if I'm wrong but you kinda know your a little but try to relax on telling Yankee fans their team is old and sucks....espcecially when yours has done ZERO!!! I love the Yanks but know where they stand and you have not and will not see me tell anyone how good they were last year, hated that team, or how good they will be next year as I'm a realist........I will defend them I've rooted for them for over 40 years but unlike you I don't always believe they field the best players and will win 100 games because of some off season moves.......

That's pretty clear now isn't it??????...........oh and by the way not having range and hitting .200 will not get you out on the field so you're wrong there..........hitting .310 and making the every day plays will give you a chance to stay on the field it is simple really it is!!!! You really think the Yanks would keep him at SS if he was hitting .200,, everyone knows his limitations........geez your not real bright at times for a smart guy!

Now you can begin to act like an adult Red Sox fan and not one who just jumped on the bandwagon Nation in 2004........Happy New Year!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom