What is the injury situation with USC? | The Boneyard

What is the injury situation with USC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Notably, Mitchell took a tough fall against Kentucky. Any injury update? Personally I hope they are at full strength; UCONN needs this test.

Reaction Score
Well deserved Eric, I should know better. But speaking of USC, I was watching them on the PAC12 network and watched the UConn transfer (Sadie Edwards? But I can'tell recall her name for sure) who had a breakout game. She was the best player on the floor and unstoppable at times.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Mitchell will play. She was cleared to play 2nd half vs. Kentucky but Staley opted not to put her back in. She has today and Sunday to get to 100%. Dozier, a starter, will not play.

Dozier rarely dents the box score offensively, but her defensive presence will be missed.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dozier has been called SC's field general. Gamecock?

Reaction Score
Mitchell will play. She was cleared to play 2nd half vs. Kentucky but Staley opted not to put her back in. She has today and Sunday to get to 100%. Dozier, a starter, will not play.

Dozier rarely dents the box score offensively, but her defensive presence will be missed.

Why won't Dozer play?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Dozier has been called SC's field general. Gamecock?

She does a great job with our younger players. No doubt highest basketball IQ on the team. Definitely the coach on the floor.... she fills the same role Tuck does for the Huskies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well deserved Eric, I should know better. But speaking of USC, I was watching them on the PAC12 network and watched the UConn transfer (Sadie Edwards? But I can'tell recall her name for sure) who had a breakout game. She was the best player on the floor and unstoppable at times.

Speaking of USCw, I've been monitoring Sadie Edward's progress since she became eligible in December. She's been a starter from day 1. She gets a lot of minutes, and she's scored 20+ points in multiple games. In 13 games, Edwards is averaging 11.2 ppg. Her field goal percentage is 38.6%. She's tied for 5th on the team with 22 steals.

It would appear that the climate here in "sunny" Southern California agrees with her. It's 76 degrees under clear skies right now (1:20pm pst), and not a snow flake in sight. :D I saw the outside shots of the campus this morning on the SNY broadcast.........buuuurrrrr. :eek:

USC is 17-6 (5-6), tied for 6th in the Pac 12 with Oregon and Utah. It would appear that her decision to transfer has paid off. I bumped into her and team mate Courtney Jaco at a Windward High School basketball game in December. She said she's happy.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

The player who was great for USC-west coast was Courtney Jaco. She is the most underrated player out west. She played pg for all 40 minutes last night and scored 24 points, a career high. She hounds you on defense too. She is a 3 point "shooting guard" who was called into pg duty as all 3 of USC's pg's are out(Jordin Adams and Brianna Barratt, academically ineligible and Alayah Mazyck, a freshman from NC, was injured in warm ups).

Reaction Score
University of South Carolina was founded in 1801 as South Carolina College and evolved into University of South Carolina in 1866. University of Southern California is a johnny-come-lately with its founding in 1880. As a Connecticut transplant to South Carolina I learned quickly who USC refers to and it ain't the folks in Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Thought i saw Dawn say in the video interview that Aja was still out.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Thought i saw Dawn say in the video interview that Aja was still out.

Asia Dozier, not A'ja Wilson. Senior guard Asia Dozier will not play tomorrow vs. UCONN.

Reaction Score
In Google search
USC ===>University of Southern California
USCR ===>US Concrete Inc., NASDAQ: USCR
SCR ===>South Coast Repertory
But ESPN uses SCAR as University of South Carolina. So what we should use? SCAR ???
upload_2016-2-7_17-42-17.png

Reaction Score
University of South Carolina was founded in 1801 as South Carolina College and evolved into University of South Carolina in 1866. University of Southern California is a johnny-come-lately with its founding in 1880. As a Connecticut transplant to South Carolina I learned quickly who USC refers to and it ain't the folks in Los Angeles.

As a South Carolina transplant to Connecticut, it was always USC when I was a kid.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'm intrigued to follow Edwards at USC.... have heard some not-so-pleasant stories about Cooper's coaching style...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom