What is our record if BS never gets hurt? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What is our record if BS never gets hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No different than when BS airmailed them or threw to the wrong side of the WR/TE. How many times did we see Noel Thomas act visibly frustrated on field and on sidelines after play/series. Even barked @ BS more than once. Wonder if there was possibly some loss of confidence w/ BS as well. I'm w/ BL - there was something deeper going on w/ this QB change.

I was at the Houston game and saw Thomas unload on BS. I don't know how it affected his throwing, but if they had to shoot him up before each game, he probably shouldn't have been out there. That's the problem when you don't have a real option at #2.

Reaction Score
How many wins would we have won if we had a halfway decent O-line?
We won all of our wins...;) Just having fun Rio, no malice. :D

Because he's arrogant and refuses to acknowledge his own mistakes. That's why we were destined to ride the Williams train right to the bitter end. Remember how he tried to partially deflect blame onto the players for the call at the end of the Navy game? This guy is all about assigning blame unto anybody but him.

Oh sure, he makes PC statements about how everybody has to get better and he acts like it's up to the coaching staff to "fix" everything, but that's always followed with a slew of happy horsepucky about love, trust and respect, and how he knows how to "fix" everything and it will be so easy.

I guess he figures that might even be true if you give the clown another five years to try.

Yep certified control freak, completely detrimental to even his own horsepucky as you call it. :) The man who came in demanding no energy vampires is one.
You can take my word it is not just fans upset with his attitude and controlling ways. Their are faculty and associates that have been overheard with what I will call simply not favorable comments. This from day one....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Based on what you saw... where in the world was Williams going? Based on what you saw and not what Diaco said - who the hell cares take the scholarship back.

Reaction Score
I''ve lived with a team that had a horrible OL for 13 years (Oakland Raiders). I know what you all are going through (myself included). I remained faithful, yet professional sports are far different in many ways. But things can change and be improved. Mike Tice came in and overhauled the OL for the Raiders along with a coaching change and Mackenzie at GM. Took some years but they're back to respectable.

A good HC is one that has a handle on all facets of the game, but lets his cooridinators dictate schemes and plays. Head Coach is the overseer. Not one to manipulate everything in every facet of the game. Where he sees an improvement can be made he suggests, where he agrees he praises. None of us have inside information on this staff their inner workings, but nothing suggests this this is anything but a ship led by one guy.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I''ve lived with a team that had a horrible OL for 13 years (Oakland Raiders). I know what you all are going through (myself included). I remained faithful, yet professional sports are far different in many ways. But things can change and be improved. Mike Tice came in and overhauled the OL for the Raiders along with a coaching change and Mackenzie at GM. Took some years but they're back to respectable.

A good HC is one that has a handle on all facets of the game, but lets his cooridinators dictate schemes and plays. Head Coach is the overseer. Not one to manipulate everything in every facet of the game. Where he sees an improvement can be made he suggests, where he agrees he praises. None of us have inside information on this staff their inner workings, but nothing suggests this this is anything but a ship led by one guy.

One guy who acts like he's auditioning for the role of Captain Smith in the next "Titanic" movie made.

Reaction Score
One guy who acts like he's auditioning for the role of Captain Smith in the next "Titanic" movie made.

Are you really referring to me? If so, your post is idiotic.

Reaction Score
BS had the respect of the team. In fact the team was a very close knit bunch. It was BD (under increasing pressure to win) who made the move to DW. Was BS banged up? Sure. But he was a gamer--tough as nails. The real problem was when BD kept touting DW's talent and the other players were not seeing it during practice. That's a big reason BD lost this team. Anyone who didn't see that wasn't looking. The last few games were more about the "me" than the "we".

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Are you really referring to me? If so, your post is idiotic.

No, I was referring to Bobby, the captain of UConn's football ship which I presumed was your analogy.

Reaction Score
Preseason camp Diaco was pumping up Anderson until right before the season when he said Bryant was the starter and it was always his job. Then early on we are told Tyler Davis is going to be moved to tight end as he is too valuable to just hold a clipboard. Tyler shows some promise at TE as he has more speed than the bigger TE's and shows good ability to make a catch. After ECU and a total team meltdown we are told BS is not the starter and that Williams was going to be our best chance going forward. Then we hear he was going to start earlier but he was hurt after Houston in practice. Then we heard he was told to ask his parents if it was OK to start. Then we hear from Jeff Jacobs interview that BS had a serious injury for his last 7 games. No mention of this by Diaco when the QB change was made to DW, just said that Bryant knew when he let go of the rope. So I wonder why when Bryant was first hurt why GA was not given a chance to play as our season was not yet over and this might have given Bryant a chance to heal? Garrett finally got in when DW hurt his ankle late against Tulane and to me he had a much quicker release than Williams and threw a good ball. Meanwhile Tyler Davis saw less time on the field as the season drew to a close and against Tulane he was on the famous Bob Diaco punt return team. He was lined up in the gap over the long snapper and would rush the 3 up backs on Tulane, giving a good effort running into the blockers and then turn and see if we had caught the punt or not. Way to go Diaco, who according to Joe D spends 80% of his time at practice with our vaunted defense.

Reaction Score
If he never got hurt or if he stayed in the lineup? Remember, this team was 3-4 and coming off maybe its best offensive game in 4 years against Cincy before some things went south and then we gave up. If the injured BS never was taken out, we beat Tulane and maybe get one more because I don't think this team quits the way it did. If BS was actually healthy the whole year, every chance to think we get to 6-6.

I'd still love to know what happened with the lineup change. Did HCBD actually believe switching QBs gave us a better chance to win? (If that is the answer he is a total idiot and shouldn't be allowed to coach video football.). Did he know DW was a step backwards, but knew BS wasn't coming back and was giving up on this season to prepare for next season? (In which case at 3-6 it was incredibly boneheaded but one game later, with bowl eligibility gone, I can at least understand the theory.). Or did HCBD or BS just decide before Temple that BS was just too hurt to keep going and he needed to be taken out? (It doesn't sound like this came from BS, but if it did obviously HCBD's hands were tied. If it came from HCBD and BS wanted to play, it's very odd but I can understand a coach being protective I guess.)

The point is, we still don't really know what happened.

Those are exactly the questions. This team should have beaten a very good Navy team on the road and then left the Syracuse game on the field. Those two go the other way and BS stays relatively healthy you can see a 6-7 win type season.

Something happened during the season and this team lost focus. The East Carolina game was pretty bizarre and then after that they just seemed to give up. BS's comments in the press including exploring his options suggest a pretty big rift between he and Diaco. It's entirely possible that locker room got divided, but that's pure speculation.

For me this is pretty simple. As the HC you are ultimately responsible for culture, morale and performance. No excuses. The performance of this team this season was obviously unacceptable and it suggests problems that go beyond being over matched from a talent perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom