What is our record if BS never gets hurt? | The Boneyard

What is our record if BS never gets hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would imagine better than 3-9 and we probably don't burn DW redshirt.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I would imagine better than 3-9 and we probably don't burn DW redshirt.

Thoughts?
I say maybe 5-7...don't forget the OL provided protection all year so the chances of him getting hurt at some point were still pretty good.

Reaction Score
If he never got hurt or if he stayed in the lineup? Remember, this team was 3-4 and coming off maybe its best offensive game in 4 years against Cincy before some things went south and then we gave up. If the injured BS never was taken out, we beat Tulane and maybe get one more because I don't think this team quits the way it did. If BS was actually healthy the whole year, every chance to think we get to 6-6.

I'd still love to know what happened with the lineup change. Did HCBD actually believe switching QBs gave us a better chance to win? (If that is the answer he is a total idiot and shouldn't be allowed to coach video football.). Did he know DW was a step backwards, but knew BS wasn't coming back and was giving up on this season to prepare for next season? (In which case at 3-6 it was incredibly boneheaded but one game later, with bowl eligibility gone, I can at least understand the theory.). Or did HCBD or BS just decide before Temple that BS was just too hurt to keep going and he needed to be taken out? (It doesn't sound like this came from BS, but if it did obviously HCBD's hands were tied. If it came from HCBD and BS wanted to play, it's very odd but I can understand a coach being protective I guess.)

The point is, we still don't really know what happened.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
How many wins would we have won if we had a halfway decent O-line?

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If he never got hurt or if he stayed in the lineup? Remember, this team was 3-4 and coming off maybe its best offensive game in 4 years against Cincy before some things went south and then we gave up. If the injured BS never was taken out, we beat Tulane and maybe get one more because I don't think this team quits the way it did. If BS was actually healthy the whole year, every chance to think we get to 6-6.

I'd still love to know what happened with the lineup change. Did HCBD actually believe switching QBs gave us a better chance to win? (If that is the answer he is a total idiot and shouldn't be allowed to coach video football.). Did he know DW was a step backwards, but knew BS wasn't coming back and was giving up on this season to prepare for next season? (In which case at 3-6 it was incredibly boneheaded but one game later, with bowl eligibility gone, I can at least understand the theory.). Or did HCBD or BS just decide before Temple that BS was just too hurt to keep going and he needed to be taken out? (It doesn't sound like this came from BS, but if it did obviously HCBD's hands were tied. If it came from HCBD and BS wanted to play, it's very odd but I can understand a coach being protective I guess.)

Yeah...I dont think it was an injury situation. Didn't they say they were going to put DW in earlier but he got hurt in practice so they sent BS out again? Everything I read made it sound like DW was eventually put in because BD thought he gave them a better chance to win...not that BS was injured.

Which...after seeing how much DW wasn't ready...is shocking. If it was an injury..GA needed to go in. There is no way DW looked that much different in practice that this change makes sense.

Reason # 4802 that there needs to be a HC change...but it doesn't appear that will happen.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If BS was healthy we go 5-7 (we did win against Cincy at home after all)... We'd have a shot at BC and certianly against Tulane- right?

Reaction Score
Yeah...I dont think it was an injury situation. Didn't they say they were going to put DW in earlier but he got hurt in practice so they sent BS out again? Everything I read made it sound like DW was eventually put in because BD thought he gave them a better chance to win...not that BS was injured.

Which...after seeing how much DW wasn't ready...is shocking. If it was an injury..GA needed to go in. There is no way DW looked that much different in practice that this change makes sense.

Reason # 4802 that there needs to be a HC change...but it doesn't appear that will happen.

Since we don't believe (with reason) what HCBD says, I don't give any weight to what he said about this. If the reason, however, was that HCBD actually believed that playing DW gave us a better chance to win, it explains why the team quit from the moment the decision was made. They all had to know it was nuts to think that was going to make us better.

But it doesn't explain how, after the decision failed so miserably, he kept putting Williams back out there and didn't make a change back.

I still think there is much more going on here than we know. But that's just a hunch.

Reaction Score
Since we don't believe (with reason) what HCBD says, I don't give any weight to what he said about this. If the reason, however, was that HCBD actually believed that playing DW gave us a better chance to win, it explains why the team quit from the moment the decision was made. They all had to know it was nuts to think that was going to make us better.

But it doesn't explain how, after the decision failed so miserably, he kept putting Williams back out there and didn't make a change back.

I still think there is much more going on here than we know. But that's just a hunch.

Absolutely agree with Bizlaw in both posts... great points... The last 5 games the team as a team{excluding several individuals} did not show up exacerbated by the on-field game time
coaching decisions...we will never know.... BC, Tulane were embarrassing....ECU second half no better ehhhh!!!!

Reaction Score
When did BS turn into Brady our record would still be 3-9 if he started every game, I don't think you guys were watching the same qb i was who was missing throws and constantly under pressure.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And what if Diaco never coached this year? 3 more wins?

Reaction Score
When did BS turn into Brady our record would still be 3-9 if he started every game, I don't think you guys were watching the same qb i was who was missing throws and constantly under pressure.

Compare both DW's and BS's stats, and the teams offensive stats with DW as QB and BS as QB. If you can't tell the difference you are blind.

No one has called BS Tom Brady. Why do people post this irrelevant drivel when trying to make a point.

Reaction Score
BS was an average at best qb that doesn't mean he can make up for diaco's(or his puppets) coaching mistakes and a terrible o-line everybody in this thread is just looking for one more thing to complain about

Reaction Score

You think DW was out the door if he didn't play, maybe? Or BS was like, eh I'm done, I got a kid, f this. Or something else? C'mon, Biz, let's speculate wildly, what else do we have going on?

Reaction Score
You think DW was out the door if he didn't play, maybe? Or BS was like, eh I'm done, I got a kid, f this. Or something else? C'mon, Biz, let's speculate wildly, what else do we have going on?

Not a fan of wildly speculating about personal (as opposed to personnel) matters. But it's really, really hard to believe that HCBD thought DW increased our chances of winning, and that if he thought that he didn't go back to BS halfway through the BC game. I don't think he's capable of being a good head coach but I'm having trouble believing anyone could be that delusional.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Because he's arrogant and refuses to acknowledge his own mistakes. That's why we were destined to ride the Williams train right to the bitter end. Remember how he tried to partially deflect blame onto the players for the call at the end of the Navy game? This guy is all about assigning blame unto anybody but him.

Oh sure, he makes PC statements about how everybody has to get better and he acts like it's up to the coaching staff to "fix" everything, but that's always followed with a slew of happy horsepucky about love, trust and respect, and how he knows how to "fix" everything and it will be so easy.

I guess he figures that might even be true if you give the clown another five years to try.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The kind version is that BS finally couldn't answer the bell, bowl eligibility was lost and the team packed it in.

The no so kind version is that BD pulled a PP panic move at QB (due to injury or not) and went with a guy the team hadn't bought into. Maybe they preferred Anderson or even Davis and packed it in. Watching reactions when DW sailed passes into the bench would support this theory.

My question is why BS 6 games after Virginia with a displaced rib? Where is the medical staff to protect this kid. He could have punctured an organ.

Reaction Score
The kind version is that BS finally couldn't answer the bell, bowl eligibility was lost and the team packed it in.

The no so kind version is that BD pulled a PP panic move at QB (due to injury or not) and went with a guy the team hadn't bought into. Maybe they preferred Anderson or even Davis and packed it in. Watching reactions when DW sailed passes into the bench would support this theory.

No different than when BS airmailed them or threw to the wrong side of the WR/TE. How many times did we see Noel Thomas act visibly frustrated on field and on sidelines after play/series. Even barked @ BS more than once. Wonder if there was possibly some loss of confidence w/ BS as well. I'm w/ BL - there was something deeper going on w/ this QB change.

Reaction Score
After the Maine game I said to our group that BS is going to get hurt badly this year. He did.

Reaction Score
I had that injury once and can't even concieve of playing football with it. Just breathing hurts like heck. But I also agree with bl that there is more going on than we are being told about the quarterback situation.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of wildly speculating about personal (as opposed to personnel) matters. But it's really, really hard to believe that HCBD thought DW increased our chances of winning, and that if he thought that he didn't go back to BS halfway through the BC game. I don't think he's capable of being a good head coach but I'm having trouble believing anyone could be that delusional.

You don't think he can be that delusional?

I present to you as Exibit A: 4 & 18

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe they said it was the Virginia game where he got hurt. We then could have (operative term being could) pulled out the Cuse game and UCF. At that point the season may not have snowballed into the Molotov cocktail and the guy in charge may have been able to display leadership instead of whatever it was he was showing his players.

A six or seven win season may have been possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall