What is all this " Woe is me" stuff from Duke? | The Boneyard

What is all this " Woe is me" stuff from Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
From the coach on down there seems to be little confidence coming from the Durham. The DWHoops review almost recommended surrender. In Dishin and Swishin JPM couldn't say that her team is really good. Maybe it works and Duke wins, but is it that helpful in the long run?

HGN

Reaction Score
I didn't take it as 'Woe Is Me' talk..........I think it is a good coach preparing her team for 'whatever" outcome it is in this one particular game. Obviously neither coach wants to get Too Up , or Too Down , in a win or loss since its still early in the season. A 'Woe' tone simply is saying , IMHO , is that 'if' we lose then let's learn from it and move on... Let's not get too upset or down on ourselves and let's prepare for the rest of the season....If we win , let's learn from that too , and let's prepare for the rest of the season. She doesn't want to let one game this early define or set the tone for the rest of the season...... A smart move for either coach.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I didn't take it as 'Woe Is Me' talk..........I think it is a good coach preparing her team for 'whatever" outcome it is in this one particular game. Obviously neither coach wants to get Too Up , or Too Down , in a win or loss since its still early in the season. A 'Woe' tone simply is saying , IMHO , is that 'if' we lose then let's learn from it and move on... Let's not get too upset or down on ourselves and let's prepare for the rest of the season....If we win , let's learn from that too , and let's prepare for the rest of the season. She doesn't want to let one game this early define or set the tone for the rest of the season...... A smart move for either coach.

Should you or I tell Geno he's wrong.

If you listen to the JPM interview, she seems to fear saying anything. Say you have a good team..and be ready to go.

HGN

Reaction Score
Should you or I tell Geno he's wrong.

If you listen to the JPM interview, she seems to fear saying anything. Say you have a good team..and be ready to go.
I'll let you tell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle