What I'm happiest about next season ... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What I'm happiest about next season ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree about Saniya.I think she may be key to next season. We dont have many guards and if she doesn't step up then we can be an injury away from disaster..knock on wood of course.
Just like Nurse and Williams passed Chong this year!KLS will play the Small forward and shooting guard this year.Collier will play some 3 and defensively the 2.IMHO I see Courtney Ekmark playing the 2 and also passing Saniya this year!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Meyers7 - I've been posting here for about 2 weeks. YOU by far have become my biggest and most constant critic. I'm not perfect. I'm not claiming to be perfect. As for your grammatical suggestions, keep them to yourself. I'm not interested in your critique of my posts, or my style. I don't seek or require your validation to post here. When I read other's posts, I read them for their content, not their grammatical correctness. The inability (or failure) of a commenter to dot his i's, and cross his t's are of no concern to me. The content and information contained therein is all I'm interested in, nothing more. This is a thread, not a classroom. Unlike you, I don't presume to be better than anyone else here. You'll NEVER see me criticize another poster's comments with respect to sentence structure or grammatical correctness. I'm not that haughty. Everyone that posts here is not on the same intellectual level as you think you are. I guessing the educational range of folks that post here range from non high graduate to folks with doctoral degrees. Business owners and CEO's, to minimum wage earners. People don't come here to be criticized, and corrected. The come here to converse with fans that have the same interest and affection for the UConn women's basketball team. I'll continue to write and construct my comments as I see fit. As I've stated before....if you have a problem with what I write, or the way I write, don't read my posts. When you see my avatar, keep moving. Don't stop to read my comments. Now go back and read my original post again. Nowhere in my post did I say or suggest that they would play like a young team. I said the 2015-16 team will be a young team, and it will! YOU said they won't play like a young team, not me. You're trying to read between the lines and there's nothing there to read. If I feel I need to clarify a statement, I will. I don't expect there to be any drop off in any area of team play next season. I'm not suggesting that UConn will go undefeated next year (that's extremely hard to do), but I am suggesting and expect them to send Stewart and Jefferson out on the same exact note that the last three senior classes left. If you read what I wrote, and not try to read between the lines, you'd understand exactly the thoughts and observations I'm trying to convey.
meyers wasn't critcizing, he was disagreeing. It's called making conversation. You're certainly welcome to disagree with any poster here, as long as the disagreement is civil, and extend any conversation you choose to engage in. You state an opinion; others can agree or disagree. It's what the board is for.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Just like Nurse and Williams passed Chong this year!KLS will play the Small forward and shooting guard this year.Collier will play some 3 and defensively the 2.IMHO I see Courtney Ekmark playing the 2 and also passing Saniya this year!
Chong isnt a favorite of yours?

Reaction Score
They aren't guards.......Ekmark could play the 2 and I would love to see her in the rotation but I highly doubt she passes Chong in the rotation. If Chong doesn't play then neither will Courtney. I think Collier can defend the 2 but she's not a guard. We need a real 3rd guard and it's Chong. I actually love her game but she seems timid when it comes to rebounds and defense. Offensively she is good to me.. She reminds me of Kiah Stokes in a way. It's just mental because her game is there.

ay

Reaction Score

cbraarj - I agree that KLS and Collier will get playing time and could pass Chong, however, Chong is the 3rd guard at the moment. Remember she showed Geno enough to start her last year. Statistically, I was surprised to learn that Chong played 723 minutes, Stokes played 715, and Gabby played 591. Geno liked something about Chong. Nurse had 108 assists and Chong had 74 assists. Chong also had 73 rebounds so she got in there a little bit. Chong is pretty quick and can recognize the seams open to the hoop. Courtney Ekmark is a nice kid and a great teammate. Unfortunately, her strength (outside shooting) will be dimmed by KLS. Chong also has a heck of an outside shot. We all agree that Chong has a confidence problem. IMHO Chong will be better this year and a top flight sub. Next year she will be invaluable off the bench or with confidence--a starter.

Reaction Score
They aren't guards..Ekmark could play the 2 and I would love to see her in the rotation but I highly doubt she passes Chong in the rotation. If Chong doesn't play then neither will Courtney. I think Collier can defend the 2 but she's not a guard. We need a real 3rd guard and it's Chong. I actually love her game but she seems timid when it comes to rebounds and defense. Offensively she is good to me.. She reminds me of Kiah Stokes in a way. It's just mental because her game is there.

ay
I agree---Chong came across to me as timid. Geno, from past history, loves kids to get into games and make something happen. Chong was too ready to pass rather than drive or shoot the 3. I have great hopes and expectations for Gabby, Chong, Ekmark---because if they don't come back improved--3 Frosh will be taking their PT. Chong does a good job of subbing for Moriah.

Reaction Score
IMO I think it will be the coach that might hold Tenn.back!Hard to follow a legend!
Are we not all Legends in our own minds??? Think Holly is any different? Huge salaries tend to push our beliefs in ourselves!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers7 - I've been posting here for about 2 weeks. YOU by far have become my biggest and most constant critic.
Thank you. I've been posting here (and previous incarnations) for about 17-20 years?? IDK, a long time.

I'm not perfect. I'm not claiming to be perfect.
Guess I better let that one go. :rolleyes:

As for your grammatical suggestions, keep them to yourself.
I don't believe I have given you any.

I'm not interested in your critique of my posts, or my style. I don't seek or require your validation to post here.
That's ok, you'll still get them. You don't have to read them. In fact you can put me on ignore if you choose to. Kind of a cowards way out in my opinion, but whatever floats your boat.

When I read other's posts, I read them for their content, not their grammatical correctness. The inability (or failure) of a commenter to dot his i's, and cross his t's are of no concern to me. The content and information contained therein is all I'm interested in, nothing more. This is a thread, not a classroom. Unlike you, I don't presume to be better than anyone else here. You'll NEVER see me criticize another poster's comments with respect to sentence structure or grammatical correctness.
Ok, I'm thinking you have me confused with someone else. I don't believe I've corrected any grammatical errors. It's not something I do. (unless it's like a funny Freudian slip) I agree or disagree with content.

Everyone that posts here is not on the same intellectual level as you think you are.
With that I will definitely agree. :D

I'll continue to write and construct my comments as I see fit. As I've stated before....if you have a problem with what I write, or the way I write, don't read my posts. When you see my avatar, keep moving. Don't stop to read my comments.
Sorry, I'm still gonna read your posts and comment as I see fit. If you don't like it, ignore me. Or make better posts.

Now go back and read my original post again. Nowhere in my post did I say or suggest that they would play like a young team. I said the 2015-16 team will be a young team, and it will! YOU said they won't play like a young team, not me. You're trying to read between the lines and there's nothing there to read. If I feel I need to clarify a statement, I will. I don't expect there to be any drop off in any area of team play next season. I'm not suggesting that UConn will go undefeated next year (that's extremely hard to do), but I am suggesting and expect them to send Stewart and Jefferson out on the same exact note that the last three senior classes left. If you read what I wrote, and not try to read between the lines, you'd understand exactly the thoughts and observations I'm trying to convey.
Well read my post again. I said you can call them young. But it won't mean anything, because they won't play like a young team. That was my point. You're calling them young is pretty irrelevant.

And if you really want to look at it realistically, Tuck will be in her 4th year and Butler will be in her 3rd year. 5 to 6 isn't really a big deal. They will start at least 3 4th year players. And quite possibly 4 Upperclassmen. Young team infers that they lack experienced players. Next year's team by any stretch of the imagination will not be an inexperienced team.

Nobody, but I guess you, is gonna consider UCONN a young team.

Reaction Score
Thank you. I've been posting here (and previous incarnations) for about 17-20 years?? IDK, a long time.

Guess I better let that one go. :rolleyes:

I don't believe I have given you any.

That's ok, you'll still get them. You don't have to read them. In fact you can put me on ignore if you choose to. Kind of a cowards way out in my opinion, but whatever floats your boat.

Ok, I'm thinking you have me confused with someone else. I don't believe I've corrected any grammatical errors. It's not something I do. (unless it's like a funny Freudian slip) I agree or disagree with content.

With that I will definitely agree. :D

Sorry, I'm still gonna read your posts and comment as I see fit. If you don't like it, ignore me. Or make better posts.

Well read my post again. I said you can call them young. But it won't mean anything, because they won't play like a young team. That was my point. You're calling them young is pretty irrelevant.

And if you really want to look at it realistically, Tuck will be in her 4th year and Butler will be in her 3rd year. 5 to 6 isn't really a big deal. They will start at least 3 4th year players. And quite possibly 4 Upperclassmen. Young team infers that they lack experienced players. Next year's team by any stretch of the imagination will not be an inexperienced team.

Nobody, but I guess you, is gonna consider UCONN a young team.
Each singular comment a perfect APHORISM. I started this lengthy whatever by asking Carnnac why Uconn was considered (by him and others) as a young team---I see this team pretty much as you have defined.

Reaction Score
Chong isnt a favorite of yours?
Saniya is a great kid,great teammate but with the talent coming in her lack of confidence!If Courtney Ekmark didn't get hurt she would have passed her!2 frosh passed her this year(Nurse and Williams).3Frosh are better than those 2 talent wise!Reality what a Concept!daddychoc you are my Favorite!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Saniya is a great kid,great teammate but with the talent coming in her lack of confidence!If Courtney Ekmark didn't get hurt she would have passed her!2 frosh passed her this year(Nurse and Williams).3Frosh are better than those 2 talent wise!Reality what a Concept!daddychoc you are my Favorite!!!
confidence... we label these players for a lifetime based on a quick sound bite (even if Geno says it). Any player's confidence would be jacked up if you got benched for going left when you should've gone right. Timid, unsure, scared, called out... we're all human!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
There certainly is an alternative to getting old.
I'd rather get old.

At 50 days shy of my 83rd birthday, I claim some insight that comes with longevity and experience.

My carefully considered view:rolleyes: is that we all have three stages in our lives:
1. When we're young;
2. When we're mature; and,
*3. When our friends tell us how good we look.

* (I'm here:D)

How about you?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
At 50 days shy of my 83rd birthday, I claim some insight that comes with longevity and experience.

My carefully considered view:rolleyes: is that we all have three stages in our lives:
1. When we're young;

How about you?
Hmm. My dad just told me how good I looked. He's 88 with Alzheimer's. (still knows me) 'Course, he also asked me how much I weigh! (a lot)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Chong scored 20 pts with 4-9 3pts when UConn lost to Stanford. This shows that she can play and can play good. I just don't know why suddenly she loses the confidence.

Reaction Score
You can call them young, but they will not be playing like a young team. They will be a much more experienced team this coming year than this last one.
Even though Kia is a Sophomore, you can't call her young with all her experience on the Canadian National Team.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score

1. When we're young;

How about you?
I'll put myself at mature -- born in 1957. And it is amazing how much less of a jerk I've become as I learned what matters, what doesn't and that everyone does not need to think like me.

I enjoyed my dad's company a lot when he was 83.

Reaction Score
Chong scored 20 pts with 4-9 3pts when UConn lost to Stanford. This shows that she can play and can play good. I just don't know why suddenly she loses the confidence.
It happens and yes she had 20 at Stanford but in that game UConn was playing4 on 5 on defense.Anyone that watched the game could see that.She was replaced by Nurse the next game!3 or 4 times she ran away from a charge.Some kids just cant handle pressure on a consistent basis.

Reaction Score
confidence... we label these players for a lifetime based on a quick sound bite (even if Geno says it). Any player's confidence would be jacked up if you got benched for going left when you should've gone right. Timid, unsure, scared, called out... we're all human!
If you think I based this on a quick soundbite you are wrong.It is based on 2 years of watching every game

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If you think I based this on a quick soundbite you are wrong.It is based on 2 years of watching every game
what are the signs that you see that shows a lack of confidence in ANY player... has KML or Stewie shown anything similar to Chong, how bout Nurse or Tuck? I want to be on the same page since Ive watched the same 2 years and I cant "see" lack of confidence in ANY player.

Reaction Score
Diamond DeShields reminds me of Maya Moore. If she wants, when she wants she can be scary good. She, with the right motivation, could easily make Tenn a "contender" KLS has the talent--but not College experience, USA yes, Div 1 No, I expect great things from the 3 new guys but I reserves making any of the 3 starters or even huge contributors--just yet. If Cillepsie is so great and a Ct player why didn't Geno get her??

BroadwayVa- - - DD is no Maya Moore! Yes she is a multi-faceted player, but she is all about DD first! Everything about Maya's game was team oriented! DD will do more to divide TN than bring them together and unite their offense and defense! With Holly Warlick there is NO motivation! DD will never have the career Maya Moore had, is having, or will continue to have! The 3 new recruits by mid January will bring more to the table to make UCONN great than DD will bring to make TN great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom