What I am Thankful For | The Boneyard

What I am Thankful For

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Now I know that's a bit "Thanksgiving-ish" but I spend a lot of the summer reading through other teams forums to stave off the off season boredom. Luckily it's a Women's World Cup year so I do have that but even still I end up missing the Huskies. Now let me get to my point. I am so very thankful for the Boneyard. I say this because even though we are obviously comprised of UConn fans I feel like our board has the most knowledgeable WBB fans. Even the few fans from other teams that come post here generally are knowledgeable as well. I haven't made the jump to joining other opposing teams forums for WBB conversations or debates because frankly, they just don't really seem to care about the facts. I see a lot of "A win is a win." or "they must cheat" or just plain old ignorance. Maybe this is due to the fact that the moderators here do care what is said on this forum. I am certainly happy to have found this place... even though it completely wrecks my productivity at times. So thanks to all the great posters who contribute and the moderators who maintain this place. Every forum has a few stragglers everyone wishes would go else where but I think this place is top notch.

Reaction Score
You might also check out the UConn men's board. Husky posters are in a particularly good mood right now, as their Head Coach Kevin Ollie has had an extraordinarily productive recruiting stretch in the last ten days.

Reaction Score
When a group (Boneyard in this case) create a forum for all that is Uconn (or any other team) writers who support other teams MUST accept that WE are BIASED toward Uconn. If they expect cheering for Duke, Tenn, Tx, ND, etc at the expense of Uconn --that won't happen. However many down and dirty UConn Boneyarders love WBB and will acknowledge the good (and bad) of other programs. The American Sniper didn't join the Boneyard, but a trainee or two seem to lurk about at times. In general this is a very positive, generous group of UConn fans. I say halalua ~!! (spelling needs help)

Reaction Score
Now I know that's a bit "Thanksgiving-ish" but I spend a lot of the summer reading through other teams forums to stave off the off season boredom. Luckily it's a Women's World Cup year so I do have that but even still I end up missing the Huskies. Now let me get to my point. I am so very thankful for the Boneyard. I say this because even though we are obviously comprised of UConn fans I feel like our board has the most knowledgeable WBB fans. Even the few fans from other teams that come post here generally are knowledgeable as well. I haven't made the jump to joining other opposing teams forums for WBB conversations or debates because frankly, they just don't really seem to care about the facts. I see a lot of "A win is a win." or "they must cheat" or just plain old ignorance. Maybe this is due to the fact that the moderators here do care what is said on this forum. I am certainly happy to have found this place... even though it completely wrecks my productivity at times. So thanks to all the great posters who contribute and the moderators who maintain this place. Every forum has a few stragglers everyone wishes would go else where but I think this place is top notch.

You mentioned Ignorance---it's not a dirty word or an insult--it simply means you don't know what you don't know--and everyone is ignorant about some subject. Not argumentative--just a comment about a word. I agree with much of what you have to say. The Moderators do tend to keep this civil and to the point. You call them stragglers, I call them Snipers they tend to find a single word, usually out of context. But as you say they are few and far between. I too am thankful for being allowed to participate in writing about the WBB team I love. I remember the bad old daze on the Courant's blog , which for the most part has been corrected, but name calling got to become an artform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom