What happens when realignment leaves a college football team behind | The Boneyard

What happens when realignment leaves a college football team behind

Reaction Score
The good news, I guess, for Wazzou is that their 2024 SOS is projected as # 119.

And Oregon State as #96.

Maybe some headroom to build wins and little momentum.

2024 SOS Projections:

Reaction Score
I think it was such a bad move on ucla and Southern California part to leave the pac 12 for the big 10.. and then Stanford and California to go to the acc… the four schools left should have stayed together and raid other conferences .. it’s a shame the pac 12 is dead

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
After a long football life in the Yankee Conference, UConn grew ambitious enough to attempt FBS life in the early 2000s. The Huskies had a readymade spot in a power conference waiting for them, and they met the moment for a little while, winning either eight or nine games in five of their first seven Big East seasons. But things fell off course when Randy Edsall left for Maryland in 2011, and they were in no way playing like a power-conference program when they lost their power designation.

They left the AAC to return to the Big East in non-football sports, and they've been independent since 2020. Life has been mostly hard. Since earning a share of the Big East title -- and winning the tiebreakers to earn a Fiesta Bowl bid -- in 2010, they've suffered 12 straight losing records. They were left behind, but they were already in the process of falling apart when that happened.

IMG_2446.jpeg

That last sentence is kind of stupid. We fell off a cliff after being relegated. The notion that the American was some kind of quasi P6 is very Arescoian.

Reaction Score
After a long football life in the Yankee Conference, UConn grew ambitious enough to attempt FBS life in the early 2000s. The Huskies had a readymade spot in a power conference waiting for them, and they met the moment for a little while, winning either eight or nine games in five of their first seven Big East seasons. But things fell off course when Randy Edsall left for Maryland in 2011, and they were in no way playing like a power-conference program when they lost their power designation.

They left the AAC to return to the Big East in non-football sports, and they've been independent since 2020. Life has been mostly hard. Since earning a share of the Big East title -- and winning the tiebreakers to earn a Fiesta Bowl bid -- in 2010, they've suffered 12 straight losing records. They were left behind, but they were already in the process of falling apart when that happened.

View attachment 100497
That last sentence is kind of stupid. We fell off a cliff after being relegated. The notion that the American was some kind of quasi P6 is very Arescoian.
Those dbags in Bristol will say anything to keep UConn down

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Those dbags in Bristol will say anything to keep UConn down
I don't know if it's to keep us down so much as to maintain the narrative that they aren't responsible for gutting college athletics. The regional conference battles that everyone loved died so that ESPN could have a monopoly on college sports broadcasting.

I'm not sure if there is a special place in hell for that, but there ought to be!

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's to keep us down so much as to maintain the narrative that they aren't responsible for gutting college athletics. The regional conference battles that everyone loved died so that ESPN could have a monopoly on college sports broadcasting.

I'm not sure if there is a special place in hell for that, but there ought to be!
It’s the same thing to me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom