What does Cinci offer so great? | The Boneyard

What does Cinci offer so great?

• Thread starter fortebleedsblue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

I'm looking at their recruits and I ask myself .. how does Cinci get Bennie Coney, a 6ft 2 dual threat QB from Florida over Arkansas, Auburn, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State and Va Tech let alone their home state school USF? Is it Cinci's big time college football atmopshere, their amazing facilities or do their BCS games factor in that heavily?

I will admit that I saw a video on their housing lay out that has an indoor pool, rock climbing etc which looked pretty sweet.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Most BCS schools recruit like that. We don't...but most do.

Your signature is awesome, by the way.

Reaction Score
Cincy provides a more exciting brand of football. Their offense is definitely not ground and pound. Same goes go West Viriginia.

Reaction Score
Their stadium is one of the oldest in college football.

Reaction Score
All the BCS schools get their share. Why we don't is a mystery of the universe.

Reaction Score
We've gotten our share. Except ours have stars going out and not coming in.

Reaction Score
I recognize some search high and low for the bad, but what am I missing here?

The kid at Cincy is a 3 star qb (per rivals), which is the same rating as both of our qbs.

We have gone up against BCS programs and won this year. We did not hide, we did not sneak kids in the back door, we did not pull offers when kids wanted to visit elsewhere. I am sorry, i refuse to believe we settled for scraps in this class. I think this is a real nice class. And I expect us to continue to trend upward.

Reaction Score
Aren't a lot of their kids from that area? Like Florida a lot kids might choose to stay close to home.

Reaction Score
I would say Cinci is higher profile than USF, for one. As far as the major BCS schools you mention, he is likely going to start, and sooner, at Cinci and may never even see the field at Auburn, LSU, Michigan, Michigan St, and VA Tech. It might be awesome to be a part of a possible national title at Auburn or LSU as a bench warming roster filler, but this guy might want to play, too.

Reaction Score
All the BCS schools get their share. Why we don't is a mystery of the universe.
A mystery? Our brand of football has not been a mystery to hs quarterbacks and their advisers. No mystery.

Reaction Score
First rule of business: location, location, location...well one of the first rules. Don't discount the advantage of having a campus in an urban setting. Cincinnati may not be NYC...but looks a lot more exciting than Storrs. I am not knocking Storrs but to an 18urban year old kid with numerous options...we are going to lose more battles than we win in recruiting until we build a deeper history of winning. But winning cures all in sports.

Reaction Score
Plus the campus is on the list of the most beautiful campuses in the world.

Reaction Score
First rule of business: location, location, location...well one of the first rules. Don't discount the advantage of having a campus in an urban setting. Cincinnati may not be NYC...but looks a lot more exciting than Storrs. I am not knocking Storrs but to an 18urban year old kid with numerous options...we are going to lose more battles than we win in recruiting until we build a deeper history of winning. But winning cures all in sports.

Connecticut produces great players very regularly. Heck, Stratford had two in the same year. They just don't go to UConn

Reaction Score
Well they can go to other schools - like in the ACC - and get kicked off team for academics - if we are thinking of the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom