What a shocker: even with new playoff revenue, Big East to receive less than it currently does | The Boneyard

What a shocker: even with new playoff revenue, Big East to receive less than it currently does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So the Big East will be included in the "group of five." Those conferences, the Big East, MAC, Sun Belt, MWC and C-USA, must determine how to distribute their $86.25 million amongst themselves.

In the past, those leagues, formally known as the non-automatic qualifying conferences, gave each league the same base amount and then rewarded the conferences based on their cumulative BCS ranking as a conference. Exactly how that will be done in the new system is still being negotiated between the Big East, MAC, Sun Belt, MWC and C-USA, sources said.

While the Big East's average annual revenue from the new playoff will be reduced by about $5 million annually, the remaining smaller conferences -- C-USA, Sun Belt, MWC and MAC -- will see an increase of at least five times what they received in the BCS system.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8736544&wjb

As i've been preaching, the mac, mwc, cusa, sunbelt have taken the big east's "undeserved" revenue back. this was done because it was in the interests of the other 9 conferences to rape the big east. majority rules.

ironically, it was the louisville president that agreed to this format back before aresco was on board. aresco was stuck with that decision.

Reaction Score
Can you say UConn has gotten effed at every turn of this conference realignment? It is in unfrigging real. Someone explain to me again how our silence was golden while Louisville hiked its skirt up. I need that reassurance again.

Only thing I know is that I will be at the rent regardless of who were playing but this couldn't have broken any worse for UConn than it currently has.

Reaction Score
Can you say UConn has gotten effed at every turn of this conference realignment? It is in unfrigging real. Someone explain to me again how our silence was golden while Louisville hiked its skirt up. I need that reassurance again.

Only thing I know is that I will be at the rent regardless of who were playing but this couldn't have broken any worse for UConn than it currently has.

Do you really believe the AD & President of Louisville just outsold us?

Yes ... we have lost at market; at academic; at history ... and Football perception. There is nothing about the ACC choosing Louisville over us (and Cincinnati) that could have been fixed in 3 weeks or 8 months.

Reaction Score
Do you really believe the AD & President of Louisville just outsold us?

Yes I do. I think it was ours to lose after Pitt and Cuse bolted and sometime between now and then the landscape changed. I don't believe Susan and Herbst were proactive in addressing that landscape and doing everything humanly possible to make sure we did not get bypassed. Now, at the end of the day, forces may have been in place that could not have been over come, but I don't believe an all out press was put together. And being in the Virgin Islands that weekend was about as stupid a bit of PR as I've ever witnessed.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Lose most of the quality programs, replace them with , stir in some instability and there you have it. A recipe for crap payouts.

Reaction Score
So basically everyone (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 and the other small conferences) except the Big East makes out better. The Big East is only conference getting less money in this new deal. Except all the Big East schools essentially win too, because they've bumped up to another conference. Rutgers. Pitt. Syracuse. West Virginia. Louisville. Well, everyone except Cincinnati and UConn. Those are the only schools who have been in the Big East for more than 5 seconds. so those two lose. Everyone else wins.

Reaction Score
So basically everyone (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 and the other small conferences) except the Big East makes out better. The Big East is only conference getting less money in this new deal. Except all the Big East schools essentially win too, because they've bumped up to another conference. Rutgers. Pitt. Syracuse. West Virginia. Louisville. Well, everyone except Cincinnati and UConn. Those are the only schools who have been in the Big East for more than 5 seconds. so those two lose. Everyone else wins.
It's funny. 2 months ago, It would have been us and Rutty (who cares about the CUSA transplants).

Now it's us and Cincy--not even USF, who came over with them.

I think you're right. I was really happy for Rutgers--especially when I thought UConn was going to the ACC. I'll be really happy for Cincy, now, too--provided UConn is going somewhere.

Reaction Score
"We are going to be a big-time football program."

When Tom Jurich says that (quoted in the Louisville Courier-Journal), I believe him. They are keeping Charlie Strong; they built another 15,000 seats; have a far better season ticket base; send more fans to bowl games; and have a COMMITMENT.

That, my friends, is NOT 3 weeks of selling. That's Jurich working towards this since 1997. We had Hathaway. btw ... Edsall was wonderful. I don't feel like we have the energy today.

So ... I call BS on this notion. And, some of you think we had some kind of entitlement after Pitt or SU (which I think were awful mistakes in the longrun by the ACC). We don't We deserve nothing. We are less than 10 years in bigtime & we aren't acting like it today. (RE: Pasqualoni)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
What UConn could have done: (Fully realizing they may have done this and still lost)

1. Lobby FSU and the others with FB concerns that we are committed to big time football. Show them our facilities, expansion plans, real attendance and bowl travel numbers. Assume they don't know how far we've come as most of the decision makers probably don't.

2. Lay out our market, both local and national. We are a brand and a strong one. Stronger than any school they've added to date. Show the MSG tourney numbers, the TV sets, the demos. Show the SNY numbers and the CPTV numbers. WBB funded that thing for 15 years.

3. Give the real story on the APR deal. Not the half truths in the media. Break it down. This one left early to play in Europe, this one got tossed for drugs, own up to any academic deficiencies and show the changes made and the results. Show off the UConn 2000 and 21st century investments, Jackson Labs, the Health Center, the Tech Park, the Top 20 public ranking and what we did to get there. Then show the plan for the next 20 years, AAU, research, etc.

4. And if anyone is worried about the post-Calhoun era, show them the new practice facility, the testimonials from HOF and NBA coaches about KO. Explain the 7-month contract for the interim compromise it was to get JC to step down and monitor KO's handling of the academics and say KO will be signed by March.

If they did all these things and the ACC still picked UL, then the ACC just made a mistake and UConn did all it could. If they thought it was in the bag and did nothing, then....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
"We are going to be a big-time football program."

When Tom Jurich says that (quoted in the Louisville Courier-Journal), I believe him. They are keeping Charlie Strong; they built another 15,000 seats; have a far better season ticket base; send more fans to bowl games; and have a COMMITMENT.

That, my friends, is NOT 3 weeks of selling. That's Jurich working towards this since 1997. We had Hathaway. btw ... Edsall was wonderful. I don't feel like we have the energy today.

So ... I call BS on this notion. And, some of you think we had some kind of entitlement after Pitt or SU (which I think were awful mistakes in the longrun by the ACC). We don't We deserve nothing. We are less than 10 years in bigtime & we aren't acting like it today. (RE: Pasqualoni)

Hey, look Pudge.....I don't think anyone owes me a god damn thing. I deal with folks all the time who think they are owed something simply due to longevity and that doesn't fly with me either. I go to work feeling I have to earn my keep.

So Herbst and Manuel don't get a pass either. They had a decent hand to play and I see no evidence that they promoted it or tried to improve it. All I know is while Jurich was thumping away in a very loud, clear voice after Rutgers departed, our President and AD were in the Virgin Islands spending my ducking tax and donated dollars.

Reaction Score
It is about Football.

Pack up the PowerPoint & your Pitchbook. We would not look better at this moment than Louisville. I dont know if a full sales push was made. For me, the answer is obvious.

The optics on the USVI trip? The people that hold power at UConn, i believe, reflect us. Warde Manual needs to produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom