What a downer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What a downer

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
He is correct on the need to expand. Build and they will come. Look at what it did for Rutgers and Louisville. If we sit there and cry, we'll fail.
Seriously, people think we should expand on the same day that the Governor announced $150 million in cuts today? Where is this imaginary money coming from? UConn does not own the Rent, the State does. So once again, who's paying for this expansion for the imaginary fans that will pack it? I'm not one to get all political or into that whole mess but anyone who thinks this state will accept a single penny going towards an upgraded Rent is insane. People in this state still believe that the Fiesta Bowl and upgrading to FBS was a complete waste of money.

Reaction Score
Seriously, people think we should expand on the same day that the Governor announced $150 million in cuts today? Where is this imaginary money coming from? UConn does not own the Rent, the State does. So once again, who's paying for this expansion for the imaginary fans that will pack it? I'm not one to get all political or into that whole mess but anyone who thinks this state will accept a single penny going towards an upgraded Rent is insane. People in this state still believe that the Fiesta Bowl and upgrading to FBS was a complete waste of money.
They wouldn't be believing it anymore had we gotten into the ACC. People who say it's a waste simply do not understand how higher education works.

Reaction Score
They wouldn't be believing it anymore had we gotten into the ACC. People who say it's a waste simply do not understand how higher education works.

Really...? $365 million deficit this FY. In the significant cuts announced today were whacks to the UConn budget that prompted SH to send an email to all students. Tuition hikes are not off he table.

I'm a UConn football fan, I see the need for expansion of the stadium (campaign should have started 4-5 years ago) but I don't see a politician touching this with a 10 ft pool. I'm sure thre are 3.6 million people outside the BY who cou give two hoots about now.

Reaction Score
Really...? $363 million deficit this FY. In the significant cuts announced today were whacks to the UConn budget that prompted SH to send an email to all students. Tuition hikes are not off he table.

I'm a UConn football fan, I see the need for expansion of the stadium (campaign should have started 4-5 years ago) but I don't see a politician touching this with a 10 ft pool. I'm sure thre are 3.6 million people outside the BY who cou give two hoots about now.
I am no expert on government finance but I am sure there is a way it can be done. It sure would provide jobs. FDR used government projects as a means to get people employed during the Great Depression.

Reaction Score
I am no expert on government finance but I am sure there is a way it can be done. It sure would provide jobs. FDR used government projects as a means to get people employed during the Great Depression.

This debate would quickly end up in he "Cesspool" Forum. Again - like Burton pointed out, this a failure of past administration not the current one.

Reaction Score
And the country went into a deeper depression. WWII got us out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom