West Virginia to Big 12: What Does Big East Do Now? | The Boneyard

West Virginia to Big 12: What Does Big East Do Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Reaction Score
International Business Times takes a look at what the Big East needs to do to survive after WVU leaves for the Big 12. This writer thinks a lot of it depends on what Notre Dame does, which I think Politi alluded to earlier today.

Here's the story.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I agree with everything in that article. It's cards on the table time for ND. Give them their 60 days and tell them the BE will be making its plans with or without them.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
International Business Times takes a look at what the Big East needs to do to survive after WVU leaves for the Big 12. This writer thinks a lot of it depends on what Notre Dame does, which I think Politi alluded to earlier today.

Here's the story.
Nothing has changed for Uconn. We are in the same position we were in before WVA left. For us it is going to be the ACC (a long shot at this point) or some weaker remanufactured BE.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Notre Dame decides to move its non-football programs to the Big 12, as Chip Brown has speculated, or moves all of its sports to the Big 10, then say goodnight to the Big East. Why? Because Notre Dame would likely bring along Rutgers or Connecticut with it to the Big 10 or another conference, which would leave the Big East with even less football-playing schools.

Please.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I just want to take this moment to wish WVU and it's faithful the best of luck. Goods peeps, them Eers.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I just want to take this moment to wish WVU and it's faithful the best of luck. Goods peeps, them Eers.

Clearly the most passionate football fan base in the conference. Aside from having them around for Big East BCS affiliation or any other competitive/business reason, it was great to have them as a conference-mate just for the passion their fans have for their team. Every other Big East school's fans could learn something from them, including this school's fans.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Was there an official announcement WV is leaving? Last I read is that a leaked source indicated WV is on the top of the list to be invited. Was the source in the meeting and is claiming they observed the meeting? Or is that source under the impression, but not present?

Reaction Score

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer