"We're DOOOOOOMED" | The Boneyard

"We're DOOOOOOMED"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I know you are being sarcastic, but I would draw the opposite conclusion from today's game. Assuming that Stewie, Morgan, and Kiah are back to their normal selves on Monday, and IF the bench players play against South Carolina as they did today, then UConn's chances of winning are improved.

One thing I have noticed about Saniya: her shooting touch seems to be unaffected by the cold shooting of her teammates. Both against Stanford and again today, she came in and made 3's when the usual shooters had missed numerous attempts that they would normally make in a reasonable percentage.

Reaction Score
Dawn has to be pizzed the way this went down. The one advantage the Game Coooks may have had would be the bigs. Not so now.

Reaction Score
Are you people for real? He's not my favorite guy but he must be a genius to fool all of you! He planned this...did you notice the guards played and the forwards sat? South Carolina has a big lineup and he rested his big players for that game. He'll mostly play Jefferson and the 4 big on Monday. Saniya will be lucky to get 8 minutes. Stop listening to Culmo and that sideline reporter... the hall of fame coach knows exactly what he's doing.
Nice game Saniya!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, ok, but we are still doomed!!! Indubitably doooooooooooomed!

Reaction Score
Are you people for real? He's not my favorite guy but he must be a genius to fool all of you! He planned this...did you notice the guards played and the forwards sat? South Carolina has a big lineup and he rested his big players for that game. He'll mostly play Jefferson and the 4 big on Monday. Saniya will be lucky to get 8 minutes. Stop listening to Culmo and that sideline reporter... the hall of fame coach knows exactly what he's doing.
Nice game Saniya!
I seriously doubt he told Stewie to play the way she did (if a member of the coaching staff is telling you to run, that's really really bad). Geno was not happy, and Saniya said that coach was pretty upset in the locker room at half time. This is the third game in a row where the team came out flat, and Geno says something is wrong either with his team or his coaching. Geno knows if they come out flat against the good teams they will lose. I think the level of competition is what's doing them in. Stewie seems to get up for big games, and then does whatever in these conference games where the team knows the score is going to be 80 or 90 something to 50 something and the starters will get <20 minutes. I've been feeling recently that Geno needs to start playing his starting five together for at least 25 minutes a game. It's great the bench is getting so much experience, but I think the starters can lose their cohesiveness and chemistry when these days they rarely play together outside of the first four or five minutes at the start of halves. They need to start getting the starters ready for the NCAA tournament where they may have to play 30+ minutes.

Reaction Score
Nice game Saniya!

I don't think he'll play big that much. At least I hope he doesn't. Teams react to UCONN- not UCONN reacting to other teams. This is the finest three point shooting team UCONN has ever had. I say put 3 - 3point shooter on the floor pretty constantly- and push pace. Anyhow I think he'll play his normal 2 guards and have KML at the sf. Sure some point in the game he may go very big. We should want to speed the game up though imo- and not slow it down and play the style USC wants to play. We play slower with KML at the sg and our other 3 bigs. Geno said early this year he wants team to push pace. Now we are going to slow the game down? On our home court?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
and "If we play this way against South Carolina, we're going to lose."

Just wanted to be the first to say it.... ;)
I think UConn has it all over South, North and East Carolina, but I'm really worried about how the Huskies will do against West Carolina, probably somewhere down the road.

First, the RPI (index not college) guys from both the UConn and USCar side will prove that the Huskies will lose by 3 because they're not used to close games. Then some pundits will prove that the Husky reserves can't be trusted if Geno decides to bench his starters for the game against the Gamecocks. And someone will verify that Courtney doesn't have a clue about anything and that Saniya never learned nothing about playing any D. And the smartest of all posters will point out that Geno has said something uncomplimentary about every member of the team for no reason that their small noggin can understand, so the team can't be very good.

We are doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!!!!!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Nice game Saniya!

You gotta be crazy. Saniya will be lucky to see 5 minutes. That should allow her enough time to can 5 quick three pointers, then you need to bench her because despite all the stats to the contrary, she can't play D.

Reaction Score
I know you are being sarcastic, but I would draw the opposite conclusion from today's game. Assuming that Stewie, Morgan, and Kiah are back to their normal selves on Monday, and IF the bench players play against South Carolina as they did today, then UConn's chances of winning are improved.

One thing I have noticed about Saniya: her shooting touch seems to be unaffected by the cold shooting of her teammates. Both against Stanford and again today, she came in and made 3's when the usual shooters had missed numerous attempts that they would normally make in a reasonable percentage.
It's called MOTIVATION.

Reaction Score
Nice game Saniya!
That sly dog...

Reaction Score
I don't think he'll play big that much. At least I hope he doesn't. Teams react to UCONN- not UCONN reacting to other teams. This is the finest three point shooting team UCONN has ever had. I say put 3 - 3point shooter on the floor pretty constantly- and push pace. Anyhow I think he'll play his normal 2 guards and have KML at the sf. Sure some point in the game he may go very big. We should want to speed the game up though imo- and not slow it down and play the style USC wants to play. We play slower with KML at the sg and our other 3 bigs. Geno said early this year he wants team to push pace. Now we are going to slow the game down? On our home court?
I agree.
But the three pointers can dry up at times, And when one starts missing it can spread like an epidemic to the others. Strange phenomenon, but I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN for up to 20 minutes or more.

Reaction Score
Geno didn't do anything he hasn't done in 30 years!
In the pre & post game on SNY for Geno's 900th win game that had Gary Apple and Kara Wolters in the studio with guest host Sue Bird was great in telling Geno stories with Megan Cuomo in Storrs. But when they started talking about Geno going nuts on players and how he is now mellower than back in the day, they were kidding Sue about being a favorite of Geno and NEVER being picked on! Sue never said anything but you can see she was remembering her junior year, I think, where Geno at practice was on her mercilessly for close to an hour, nothing Sue did escaped Geno's attack, until Sue was told by Geno to go to the locker room she was playing lousy, Sue started crying and told Geno to go F off an ran to the locker room! Sue later came back an apologized! Sue on a Geno Legacy Show said she WAS playing lousy and deserved his comments!
The favorite player of Geno all time was/is Nekesha Sales, who teammates called, "precious"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom