welp, i have no clue what to say really | The Boneyard

welp, i have no clue what to say really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-delone should not be allowed within 100 ft of uconn property
-i can see the slow building in whitmer but still a while to go(i do have faith in his improvement). he still has no vision but i like his toughness, pocket pres and he seems to be coming aloing overall. as far as the bad deep balls, i think he needs another offseason here with his wr's and in the weightroom without all the stress of this summer knowing where he stands. all that being said, he looked ok vs WM which after Buffalo will be it for the easy tries at stats.
-ol just stinks we have 2 good recruits coming in next class on the oline and hopefully we land 1 or 2 more. we also have bryan up at dean. in the mean time i dont know hoe much better this year or next year it can get.
-joseph out is the difference d wise, jennings also hurts but joseph is a game changer for us it seems on d. were still great i think but you can tell we are just a bit off now.
-is it time to start watching matt campbell and pete lambo to see how they do??? i dont even know right now what other names to start watching. whipple maybe? chesus. i remember when we were looking around that i was going nuts about leach, i even played with his wiki page a bit lol. i dont see that home run guy out there right now. yeesh. only name i can think would be the fridge from md. that would be a interesting program swap lol.
-i still see 6 wins for us, not jumping off the bridge right now but today was a dagger.(buff/usf/tem...)
-davis is a stud. the right oc or just 1 with a ticking heart can see the next couple years of whitmer-lyle-davis-phillips can be special if we cut the bull out
-rb is a huge issue now, wtf is going on. do we have jaguars on the bench or are they honda civics?

i think ppl are going way to far on this board right now. but flame away, i enjoy it and im sure u enjoy me when i rant. for all those making dumb comments tho:
-warde at least kept ollie, lets see what happens after year 1. he has yet to touch fball, i'll give him a chance fball wise before i jump off his boat. i wasn't a fan to begin with like most of u are and i'm not happy about the KO situation but i'll wait to see more as i like some things he is doing so far on a smaller scale. i think this is a reasonable stance therefore some of u are just going after anything living.
-susan. doing great things, leave her out of it
-recruiting. #uptick! it may not look like much but last years class was the best we have had and this year is on pace to pass last year easily within the next 2 or 3 commits. its getting better and were not md or rutgers. were not in loaded areas and havn't been around for ever so please stop nagging on that. if anything ppl here should be neutral or positive on PP's recruiting.
-the mac is a top 7 conf this year best confrence this year. maybe no real big winner but a handful of solid teams.

i dont know what else to say at this point...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I think it is beyond highly unlikely we see a head coach change (and unfortunately an OC change) but one "hot" name out there is going to be Willie Taggart at WKU.

OL is a big problem. Both for pass pro (6 sacks plus the fumble return) and for the running game. Still, given the state of the Big East, I still believe we can scratch out 3-4 wins in conference (Temple, Syracuse, Pitt and USF). I'd be thrilled if we get more than that but not sure it is possible unless we get another TO fest like we did against Rutgers last year.

Reaction Score
On a different level, what really sucks is that Rutgers and Louisville look like they're going to have big seasons. The hathaway-paqualoni mess have come at the worst possible time.

The recruiting is solid, but still mid pack in the Big East.

I like whitmer more and more. He's light years ahead of someone like bj daniels. And he's here for two more seasons.

The running game makes no sense. McCombs best attribute so far is that he doesn't fumble. That fits in perfectly with the crap-tastic offensive schemes.

I don't think pasqualoni survives after this year. Too much at stake to be kragthorped.

Reaction Score
DAN I'M BEGGING YOU. I LIKE TO READ YOUR POSTS....BUT....

Reaction Score
pretty much ranted out by now but one final thing: unless things change dramatically could see Manuel telling P to get a new O coordinator at end of season. Happens in the big time all the time.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
pretty much ranted out by now but one final thing: unless things change dramatically could see Manuel telling P to get a new O coordinator at end of season. Happens in the big time all the time.

i would be in favor of this as i love what the D has done under brown and am happy with PP with everything cept this offense.

Reaction Score
Love the part about Dele not being allowed near UConn property. Can we get the enjoinment to include PPzzzzzzzzzzzz.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I would be on board with a new OC... but it would be potentially tricky for WM to pull it off. If the new OC doesn't improve things or get along with PP, then it would be portrayed as WM's mess instead of PP's mess which is what it ultimately is. In any case... this wouldn't happen until the end of the season.

After having a few hours to digest things, I'm wondering if the improvement in the passing game today could be a symptom of the OL learning and executing at least some of the schemes. (If anyone with more expertise than my level, which is zero, could chip in here, please do). Question is, can they continue the trend with different types of defenses week after week? If the pass protection becomes more solid can they open things up for the run game a bit more? If they do GDL might hang onto his job (not that that would make the 'yard happy, but...)

Reaction Score
I would be on board with a new OC... but it would be potentially tricky for WM to pull it off. If the new OC doesn't improve things or get along with PP, then it would be portrayed as WM's mess instead of PP's mess which is what it ultimately is. In any case... this wouldn't happen until the end of the season.

After having a few hours to digest things, I'm wondering if the improvement in the passing game today could be a symptom of the OL learning and executing at least some of the schemes. (If anyone with more expertise than my level, which is zero, could chip in here, please do). Question is, can they continue the trend with different types of defenses week after week? If the pass protection becomes more solid can they open things up for the run game a bit more? If they do GDL might hang onto his job (not that that would make the 'yard happy, but...)
Think the improvement was borne of desperation from playing from behind. Will be intersesting to see if the progress continues next week

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
looking for coaches thought i had-dabo

i like him but hes not doing enough down in sc. they look up at usc right now and those fans won't live like this much more. he recruits the hell out of kids and has good teams but he has come up short several times. 2night would be another if this fsu comeback sticks. i think he may be on the hot seat. it always seems like clemson has it all to be a stud program but just never gets over the hump.

if i was warde, i would watch dabo the next 2 years and see what happens down in sc. while he may not seem like the ideal guy in som ways, he is young and knows the big boy ropes. he could be some 1 that finds a home in ct where he is out of the big boy spot lights media wise and flurishes. i would take his medicore any day as a building block for this program. down south if he does get canned, sec and acc schools will not touch him becuase of his tough losses in big games. just a thought.

Reaction Score
Ive only posted one or two rants on the board since the end of the game....I had a few during the game but I'm already almost ranted out, I have a huge apology that's coming my wife's way........Many ppl on here need to check their blood pressures as they are reaching dangerous levels right about now. Mine did at some points during the first quarter and a half.....here's my last rant on where we sit as a team currently......

Here's the deal reality has to set in for all of us...No dream season.....Highly doubtful we are going to gain any national acclaim or finish in the top 25. With that said we could still correct things and make 7 and 5.....maybe 8 and 4 at best.....Obviously not what we strive for nor dream about.....And its getting old......It's especially disappointing with our strength of schedule.... and with the talent we have if we were coached better in certain areas I can't see why this team couldn't have been 9-3 or even 10-2 against this schedule....so with that said.....

This loss is embarrassing...yes.....Deleone is a joke yes...would I donate to the fund to pay his buyout?......yes.....Is that going to happen this year.....no......So, since were stuck with him hopefully he finally realized that we can trust and even if you don't think you can trust, you have to try and trust your offense to pick up big chunks of yardage in the passing game...Give them a shot mix things up just don't keep pile driving your scat back into the A and B gaps.........Almost certainly he is still going to lack creativity, he is going to be predictable and he is still extremely off with using his resources and playing to his strengths and hiding his weaknesses. Not to let him off the hook but I also believe that with this years OLine this team had a ceiling of 8-4 anyways...They just aren't good enough or developed enough.....Now nobody on here truly knows whether that is because they haven't worked hard enough, or they haven't put in enough time or focus or whether Coach GD isn't teaching them well enough or is confusing or overloading them....who knows......you want to believe the latter because you want to believe in the kids....

Any one who says we don't have playmakers on offense especially in the receiving core is out of their mind......G Davis, williams, shakim, mike smith, and griffin all could be studs in a high powered attack offense....which leads me to want personally commit deleone to the nursing home myself....

The playcalling has to be questioned all around too.....the game planning on Defense as well can only be quantified as atrocious. We were beat badly in the first half threw the air.....And this WVU team wasn't any better than last years it was worse.....yet the same quick slants were hit....again no pressure on the QB.......it's pathetic that it happened 2 years in a row......We got lucky carder came out in the 3rd...

Back to the offense.....The wildcat should be almost completely scrapped......It should be diminished to very situational at most....maybe a 1st in goal situation inside the 5.....3rd and extremely short.......but my whole contention with it is that if you want to run the wildcat repeatedly in needs to be DYNAMIC.....and ours is not....not even close.....definitely not close enough to offset the disruption it has on the rest of the offensive players (ie OLine and whitmer).....(Its obviously never going to be while GD is running it).....We send the wildcat in and hope to gain 4 yards....thats what we shoot for....Ronnie Brown running it used to shoot for 8 to 10 each time he ran it....and he passed out of it when he recieved the direct snap and they passed out of it after he made the handoff...... they ran more jet sweeps and off tackles out of it.....they didn't just pound it up the middle for hopefully 4 everytime....and what it also comes down to is with an Oline so green the cadence constantly throws them off and McCummings is just not that DYNAMIC of a runner....He isn't extremely shifty he doesn't bulldoze over people or break tackles or drive his feet enough......"4 is what you hope for" is not going to cut it....

So trying not to blame everything on the in-game coaching, I could look towards the developing or recruiting......and....
IMHO, from a player aspect, Uconn's main problem year in and year out is lack of depth and partly competition at every position. Every year I go into the year thinking the starting lineups can produce and be great......Every year there are only one or two positions that give me concern.....But its not only those positions that have problems....Its often the depth behind those positions AFTER injuries occur.....Such as DL...CB.....RB.....OL...... That is related to both recruiting and developing.....We don't typically bring in recruits that can help right away in case of injuries..... Most of our players aren't ready to see the field until year 3.......We are either not developing quick enough or not recruiting enough good enough talent........

I guess what it comes down to is I'm ready for the next chapter of UCONN football.....and until then I'll keep watching and rooting but with extremely cautious optimism, hopefully being pleasantly surprised at the growth of the team reaching levels that I felt they should have walked out of summer camp obtaining (probably the most disappointing part)........I agree with HFD lay off Herbst and Warde.........We all need to relax, take our blood pressure medicine and finish off the bottle because I have to come to the same realization as I do after every disappointing outing; I can not do anything about the coaching related decisions being made.........sooo ball's in your court Warde.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom