Well, who is our QB? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Well, who is our QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A little bit surprised to see Boyle in the backup slot. Sweet Jesus, let's hope that Shirreffs stays healthy.
Another guy who can't root for Boyle, it's like the anti-UConn group. Why can't we just want everyone to do well and improve???? Better get ready and hope he can play well, our QB's seem to take a beating, and you will see him on the field.

Reaction Score
Another guy who can't root for Boyle, it's like the anti-UConn group. Why can't we just want everyone to do well and improve???? Better get ready and hope he can play well, our QB's seem to take a beating, and you will see him on the field.

Agreed! My thoughts on Boyle right now:

I am convinced now that while at UConn he will not redshirt. His position in the pecking order on the depth chart is driven by his ability to maximize the team's success now, not down the road. The staff feels that as of today, he is the second-best option and they need him as the back up. Maybe they feel Anderson doesn't understand the offense enough yet. Maybe Anderson got hurt since the "Anderson is pressing Sherriffs" comment. Maybe they want Boyle and his arm as a change of at some point in the game. For whatever reason, they do not want Boyle to redshirt this year -- naming him as holder is clear evidence of that.

During the course of the season, anything can happen. At that time Boyle will access his situation. He may know he has a chance to develop even more and want to compete for the starting job next year. He may love it at UConn (academically and socially) and be happy in this role next year. He may decide to go somewhere else for the 2016 redshirt and 2017 playing time. Whatever happens, though, from what I can tell he has handled a tough situation very well and is developing into a find young man.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well they are at 5... but they have no choice on a fee of them.

The initial comment was on first week two deep - in the end, you'll be right on the over because I see a few more of the WR getting time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

FWIW, I never heard any "fans" rip a UConn player worse than the pro-Boyle faction ripped Whitmer over the last couple of years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The initial comment was on first week two deep - in the end, you'll be right on the over because I see a few more of the WR getting time.

It wasn't me who came up with 6. It was in one of the articles from the first scrimmage. Fuller I think.

Reaction Score
It wasn't me who came up with 6. It was in one of the articles from the first scrimmage. Fuller I think.

Ah sorry Whaler - I misunderstood your point below then - my bad.

The two deep changes?! The things you learn. If they show up week 1 with 6 true freshman in the 2 deep God bless us all because it's going to be a long year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ah sorry Whaler - I misunderstood your point below then - my bad.

I'm very worried about the offense. It could actually be worse than last year.

Reaction Score
I'm very worried about the offense. It could actually be worse than last year.
It would take a great deal of effort to be worse than last year. I certainly hope that isn't the case. If it is, oh boy. Gonna be a morgue like atmosphere at games.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It would take a great deal of effort to be worse than last year. I certainly hope that isn't the case. If it is, oh boy. Gonna be a morgue like atmosphere at games.

As bad as Whitmer was at times, he was at least "below average" overall.

Shirreffs is a complete unknown and Boyle is terrible.

Not to mention losing Foxx and Davis.

Not a stretch to think they could be considerably worse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No it wouldn't. BS gets hurt, they don't block well enough to run the ball and it's worse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who has a 2-deep with 2 tight end positions in 2015? Either someone who knows they can't block without 7 or someone who is bringing a knift to a gun fight.

Reaction Score
As bad as Whitmer was at times, he was at least "below average" overall.

Shirreffs is a complete unknown and Boyle is terrible.

Not to mention losing Foxx and Davis.

Not a stretch to think they could be considerably worse.

Davis was under utilyzed. Whitmer had a knack for the turnover at the worst possible times. See games against Army, NC State, and Western Michigan.

Could it be worse? Yes, but that would be a terrible indictment on Bob as a HC. To trend toward respectability shouldn't be a 3 year process. I predicted 4 wins, if the offense is so bad that we can't trend toward that, oh boy.

Reaction Score
Just wow...sometimes I have to unignore some one just to follow a thread.

Offense could be worse than last year?....considerably worse?

I'm not even going to try to explain why the odds of that are slim and none.

By the way, since we are supposed to have a run first offense, just maybe the 2 TE alignment could be to not only give support to an inexperienced line but to also help the run game.

I knew whaler's thesis was a fake. Keep dragging the BY down whaler. It's what you do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just wow...sometimes I have to unignore some one just to follow a thread.

Offense could be worse than last year?....considerably worse?

I'm not even going to try to explain why the odds of that are slim and none.

By the way, since we are supposed to have a run first offense, just maybe the 2 TE alignment could be to not only give support to an inexperienced line but to also help the run game.

I knew whaler's thesis was a fake. Keep dragging the BY down whaler. It's what you do.

No offense but you are a total and complete idiot.

You have zero idea what you are talking about and if you only want to read posts where people fellate the coaches and players.. STOP BEING A PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE NINNY WHO CONSTANTLY BRAGS ABOUT BLOCKING ME BUT IS CONSTANTLY ADDRESSING ME ON HERE.

The offense can be worse. Nobody said it was going to be but if you aren't bright enough to understand that the possibility exists it just means you are clueless it doesn't make you the superfan who gets to pass judgment on people who are actually trying to talk about football.

Just maybe 2 tight ends could be to help the line - yeah genius that's the problem. If you need 7 to block it's rather difficult to move the ball when half your eligible receivers are blocking.

Go do something productive like cutting up some oranges for halftime or planning a bakesale.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Sometimes the BY is the best entertainment value anywhere, especially on a slow Sunday evening. I have nothing further to contribute other than to suggest what an in-person meeting between certain BYers would be like. Somehow, I think there would be a few liquid shots traded vs the pugilist type.

Reaction Score
No offense but you are a total and complete idiot.

You have zero idea what you are talking about and if you only want to read posts where people fellate the coaches and players.. STOP BEING A PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE NINNY WHO CONSTANTLY BRAGS ABOUT BLOCKING ME BUT IS CONSTANTLY ADDRESSING ME ON HERE.

The offense can be worse. Nobody said it was going to be but if you aren't bright enough to understand that the possibility exists it just means you are clueless it doesn't make you the superfan who gets to pass judgment on people who are actually trying to talk about football.

Just maybe 2 tight ends could be to help the line - yeah genius that's the problem. If you need 7 to block it's rather difficult to move the ball when half your eligible receivers are blocking.

Go do something productive like cutting up some oranges for halftime or planning a bakesale.

Thank you for proving my point. I'm better off not being able to follow a thread.

Rant away coach Whaler. Ignore is a great feature.

Reaction Score
If the offense is worse, it means we still have no answer at QB. At some point, we got to get lucky with one of these QBs. A QB that could throw for 25ooyds and 19-8, TD, Int rate shouldn't be so hard (impossible for us I know). We know 3 of the WRs on the two deep can catch it in college games Lemelle, Thomas, and Lucas. The OTs were playing solid ball toward the end of the year. Samra has a ton of playing experience, the other OG pushed Rutherford into a reserve role and I thought he was real impressive for a true frosh. Center is a total question mark. The sophomore RBs are both talented.

I realize you cannot account for injuries and the sort, but Im just looking for an incremental improvement on offense. If we are in fact worse on offense, and we were ranked like 124th, in the country, shame on this coaching staff.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thank you for proving my point. I'm better off not being able to follow a thread.

Rant away coach Whaler. Ignore is a great feature.

It would be awesome if they could
program a way to ignore your dozens of posts about ignoring me. Do you think anyone gives a damn? Do you think I do?

It's like being stalked by a teenager. Please keep me blocked because you can't seem to avoid pouting like a baby when someone disagrees with you.

I'm worried about the offense = YOU ARE RUINING THE BONEYARD. YOU R FAKE!!!!

Idiot.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If an emergency happens I'm hoping that instead of having Peart play someone else can slide over.

That was the most surprising thing for me after seeing that chart. You don't often see a 267 pound true freshman on the 2-deep at left tackle. Let's hope that is a decision that was made because he is freakishly athletic. Otherwise, I'm guessing that they may do a little shuffling if anything were to happen to Levy...

Reaction Score
Hope comes from the fact that there are only 5 senior starters and likely to be less than that come October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom